Ecoboost Owner Forums

Lower Front Chin Spoiler

That looks awesome.. I would love to have one of those.. I am going to have the lower plastic mouldings painted silver to match the car color this spring. I think it will give the car a lower appearance than the springs have already givin..but that chin spoiler would be a great addition.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking awesome!!! Sucks that you and the guys went through all the hell to install it. I can't say I blame ya for not doing a "How-To", it would have been such a long ass novel you could have had it published. And what's the deal with the manufacturer not helping with install pointers. Sad to say the least. But like you said, you will indeed stand out from the rest of us, and that should be well worth it. :RpS_drool:

Looks awesome. I did check out the shox taurus on youtube and noticed they have a ground effects around the whole car' date=' did you enquire if that was available?[/quote']

I did not inquire about the remainder of the side skirting and rear end piece.

I was not interested in it quite honestly. But I'm sure it's available.

My plans are ultimately to paint the factory side skirts & rear end piece in a gloss black.

I like the rake and by placing that chin spoiler up front, it continues to compliment the rake already as it is from front to rear.

If I were to have purchased and installed the remainder of the kit, then visually, it probably would've lessened the rake appearance and made it more level from front to rear. No thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I would rip that sucker off the first day.

Can't get one of those for the DD.

That is bad ass for sure!! I never even gave any thought to the idea of a chin spoiler but that is sick looking!

Like mentioned above though, I would end scraping it up like I had my other lowered SHOs and my Lightning is now. And that's just too nice of a piece to mess up!! :thumb:

Showgun and I also discussed the scraping problem with the chin spoiler. I do have some concern about it since the rubber spoiler on the car does scrape when I leave my driveway no matter how slowly l pull out. So I am anxious to see if Mike has any problem with touching since his car is lowered.

*** 1 WEEK UPDATE ***

Just wanted to keep the community updated, absolutely ZERO scraping issues thus far!

NONE!

I did end up removing the rubbery vertical thing that was mounted on the stock under belly piece that spans from the front clip to the front frame rail / core support.

I did so because we fab'd up multiple "step" type of brackets out of flat metal stock and tied the new after market chin spoiler into that plastic under belly. I felt that this rubbery piece was a minor wind obstruction at higher speeds, so off it went.

For those that were/are wondering, I did measure from the ground up, to the bottom of the new front chin spoiler piece and it's 4.5" off the ground in case any of you were wondering :noidea:

I also noticed now that the car seems to "hug" the ground more at higher speeds as well. I had let's say a "spirited" drive down an Expressway near me when what appeared to me to be a modded, older Mustang come up my rear and let's just say that that's where it stayed....... bwahahahaha.

But I was happy because I pushed the car pretty hard and the inspection of the piece afterwards confirmed my install was rock solid and the secondary observation was that I noticed the front end didn't seem to have so much "lift" as previously experienced at those higher RPM ranges *wink *wink.

I just figured that as much work as you had installing it, that it would fit either my G8's or my Brick with less issues!!!!!

If I installed on my G8s, It would drag on the ground... front is that low already...

Actually, a couple inch "cow catcher" spoiler styled like yours would interest me for the Flex. Nice look.... and down here without potholes & our smooth roads, it would never hit anything.

You know... I give you a hard time... because I LOVE you!!!!!

(and... I might need a favor in Chi town area sometime!!!!)

Have wanted to do a black top on my white G8 here in FL for a long time... Makes one's car look like those Merc 550 SEL sedans... Was a really neat White one with fancy mesh wheels running around here with DVD screens and 2 little kids in daddy's $100,000 EURO CRUISER!

If I do the top... am thinking of black vinyl wrap.

• 3 weeks later...

The car is looking great bpd1151!!! If I had known you were looking for this kit I could have pointed you to Razzi earlier. For those of you that have been play video games it's also in Forza Motorsport 4. Wish I had to money to get some stuff done, but alas, I have in-laws to support. :(

Alright, I gotta get used to this entire only using my (one) good right arm while driving around.

I'm left handed. My left shoulder surgery on 02/21/12 and resulting recovery (i.e. sitting on my arse at home growing restless) has caused me to venture out the last couple of days on my own.

No biggie, run'n errands, etc. etc.

Well, the inevitable happened :doh:

I scraped the air dam..................

:frusty: TWICE :frusty:

Still doesn't look terrible, but eh, good Lord.

1st time was going to fast over a speed table/bump, came down on the other side.

2nd time was having been forced to go to a different banking location as the branch closest to me closed recently :RpS_angry:

Just thought in the interest of disclosure, to let y'all know. Didn't wanna keep anything under wraps when it comes to mods, and experiences with same.

Where did you get the Twin Turbo decals' date=' I found the SHO hood decals I want a pair of the Twin Turbo decals for my Tuxedo black SHO.[/quote']

Hi Guys, It's Ken with the SHO Hood Stripes. There are a few members asking me about the "TWIN TURBO" letters that go on the outer hood area. I'm currently working on getting them made and stocking them. If anyone is interested, just shoot me a quick Private Message.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186[/ATTACH]

post-208-142532286373_thumb.jpg

post-208-142532286373_thumb.jpg

Alright, I gotta get used to this entire only using my (one) good right arm while driving around.

I'm left handed. My left shoulder surgery on 02/21/12 and resulting recovery (i.e. sitting on my arse at home growing restless) has caused me to venture out the last couple of days on my own.

No biggie, run'n errands, etc. etc.

Well, the inevitable happened :doh:

I scraped the air dam..................

:frusty: TWICE :frusty:

Still doesn't look terrible, but eh, good Lord.

1st time was going to fast over a speed table/bump, came down on the other side.

2nd time was having been forced to go to a different banking location as the branch closest to me closed recently :RpS_angry:

Just thought in the interest of disclosure, to let y'all know. Didn't wanna keep anything under wraps when it comes to mods, and experiences with same.

Bummer, Mike -- sorry to hear that.....I guess with roads and accesses the way they are these days you could say that was inevitable.

Hope the damage was no extensive and repairable, and hope the shoulder is better too.

C.

Hi Guys, It's Ken with the SHO Hood Stripes.

There are a few members asking me about the "TWIN TURBO" letters that go on the outer hood area.

I'm currently working on getting them made and stocking them. If anyone is interested, just shoot me a quick Private Message.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186[/ATTACH]

Great news to hear Ken :thumb:

I'm sure not only for those that were inquiring about these, but others who inevitably will come across your info, that that will be much appreciated!

I know I am looking forward to the completion of the little, special request that I submitted to you.... woo-hoo! :hug:

Eh, no plans to fix it.

Probably just get F'd up again at some point. Still looks alright unless you like bend over and purposely look at it.

So w/e.

My point in posting the experience was to simply let others know that unless EXTREMELY careful when transitioning over speed tables, and/or steep grades (odd angles) etc etc.....

You will likely scrape. But my 2 occurrences I chalk up to me NOT being careful and just excited to have escaped my homebound prison.

So my bad ultimately for not being more careful. I would say that 97%-99% you should be fine.

Sorry to hear that Mike, I know my front rubber dam scraps when I pull out of my driveway, and I hate the sound! Really weird thing is that it does not scrap if I back out of the driveway...can't quite figure out why, because the driveway isn't steep at all or have any sudden height differences to the road. Anyway, did notice you mention that you are left-handed, nice to see another lefty out there. Gotta tell you I got a lot of looks when I carried my sidearm on the left side, also when in college I managed to find some left handed notebooks...what a pleasure it was not having the binding in the way of writing all the time.

Oh since we are disclosing wounds on the car, I do have a very small mark on the driver's side front fender when son managed to back the Sable into the SHO last summer, you really have to look to see it, but it still bugs me, but I actually didn't tear his face off when I discovered it!

Archived