Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ran at the track today

Paulford8

Ran SHO in 90' weather, ran mostly 13.5's with a best of 13.506. I bet 13.2-13.3's in her on a cooler day. My first three grudge matches were with an SRT8 Jeep. I took it 2/3 only because I had a red light on 2nd run (got him all 3 times).

I then got into with with a Pontiac G8 which I also took 2/3 both wins on a whole shot! Just in case EcoBrick Bob wants to see I will type the play by play with the G8 below. Also will post one of the vids vs the Jeep.

G8 SHO

RT .261 .033

60' 2.124 2.159

1/8 8.772 8.790

1/4 13.411 13.581

MPH 105.91 100.31

Springs and exhaust will = handing that G8 some SHOTIME!

Good SHOwing out there today. What stage were running? Any other EB running today?

I ran 4+++. I think the temp left a lot on the table but still pretty strong.

You may have done even better than 13.2 if the temps had been 50 deg F.

Was the G8 stock? If not, did he have headers?

I think* the guy has exhaust including headers, cold air, and a tune. He had Nittos but they were in bad shape, he was so slow out of the hole I dont know if would make a difference. If I treed him I would beat, if his RT was good he would win.

Good SHOwing out there today. What stage were running? Any other EB running today?

Sorry I forgot to answer the EB part. There was an Ecoboost F150 that I believe was running about 15 flat. I was the only for SHO and got a few questions and lots of looks. The "what the hell?" type look and question.

My Florida G8, with 285 Bridgestones, Kooks middies, CAI, H-pipe & Magnaflows, ran about a 1/2 sec better in 1/8 Mi. (8.32) compared to your G8 friend but air temp was my friend. Had I been at a 1/4 mi track, it likely would have been a 12.9-13.0. Track was poorly prepared though....For comparison, a Caddy CTS-V coupe ran a 7.98 on street tires.

You won't believe how much better you will do in the fall when temps are in the 40's & 50's.

My Florida G8, with 285 Bridgestones, Kooks middies, CAI, H-pipe & Magnaflows, ran about a 1/2 sec better in 1/8 Mi. (8.32) compared to your G8 friend but air temp was my friend. Had I been at a 1/4 mi track, it likely would have been a 12.9-13.0. Track was poorly prepared though....For comparison, a Caddy CTS-V coupe ran a 7.98 on street tires.

You won't believe how much better you will do in the fall when temps are in the 40's & 50's.

So do you have a IA G8 also? If your ever in the area and want to hit Cordova let me know I maybe able to get some other grocery getters to come over.

Dont think my SHO will be taking at CTS-Vs anytime soon, but my stang should. Hoping to run the stang at Central IL Dragway soon as it is very close to me and doesnt require much of a road trip.

Archived