Ecoboost Owner Forums

Who installed their own exhaust?

So anyway I should have springs today but ditched he idea of installing before my next track run Friday. I then decided to get the exhaust done, ordered kit over the weekend, got tracking today and Friday is my ETA....... Sux.

How long did it take you guys to install the exhaust? Piece of cake or PITA? I should have a few hours after UPS comes to get it installed. They normally come around 11am and I am leaving for the track at 3:30-4pm. Just trying to decide if I should try it.

Didn't take long at all.

4 bolts (15mm if i recall correctly) at the rear of the flex pipes, pop the rest of it off the hangars from the flex pipes back to the the tails, and blamo!

Done!

Took me and my shop owner friend literally 20min.

But then again, my kit was hand made & is only the 2nd of it's kind thanks to a certain vendor (who isn't here).

Now if I can only get him to finish that other special exhaust project, I'd be set! :whistle:

But 2hrs fella's??? Geezuz..... slow pokes :boink:

:bolt:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't take long at all.

4 bolts (15mm if i recall correctly) at the rear of the flex pipes, pop the rest of it off the hangars from the flex pipes back to the the tails, and blamo!

Done!

Took me and my shop owner friend literally 20min.

But then again, my kit was hand made & is only the 2nd of it's kind thanks to a certain vendor (who isn't here).

Now if I can only get him to finish that other special exhaust project, I'd be set! :whistle:

I am probably in the two hour range for a catback, I am slow with exhaust. Heck I am slow for anything that requires laying on concrete.

I hope your right about it being quick an easy. I can put it on ramps/jacks, and start before it arrives. That said I dont want to actually make the cuts called for in the instructions before I have it and verify everything is there and correct.

Some day you'll be SLOW too....:ban::bull_head::lol:

I had to get all the tools, jacks & jack stands out... do the work, including pull the drive tunnel brace, and then put everything back in cabinets. I thought I did it really quick!

Hell... it took me almost an hour yesterday, removing the oil drain plug.... It's TRUE.... I had to use a vice grip on the outside edge to get enough torque to hammer it loose... Stripped the head almost round. Fortunately I had an extra magnetic plug with the same threading as stock. Thank you Mr. FORD dealer.

and it may not matter how long it takes me. Of course it didnt come yesterday, why would it? The old exhaust is off and laying in my drive, but I didnt make the cuts yet. Looks like it will be going back on, have to leave in 2 hours 20 minutes. If it shows in the next 1/2 hour I will work like hell to get it on, otherwise back on with the old!

Just drive it without' date=' it's really not that loud.[/quote']

It would have been loud as hell :)

I am literally dragging the old exhaust back under the car and the UPS driver pulls up. I rip into the install and a salesman shows up. "can we talk a few minutes about your child's education?" NO very busy NO THANK YOU "this will only take a minute we have a great new learning system" NO THANK YOU very very busy "is the lady of the house home?" NO THANK YOU PLEASE I AM VERY BUSY "dont you care about your child's education" PLEASE LEAVE

I was installing in the driveway so this salesman just kinda hung around while I frantically worked. After the exchange above he tried to talk to me about my car. I wanted to choke him but didnt have a enough time....

New best with the exhaust! 13.337!

Archived