Ecoboost Owner Forums

TGTBT (to good to be true)

double c

So I get this offer from my dealer-in form of a letter-saying they will offer me $3315 more for my 2010 SHO than the current Black Book value. The value is only $200 less than I paid for it (used) at same dealership 18 months ago. Might have to go in and see. Only good during Customer Loyalty Savings Event-this weekend. They don't have a 2013 SHO in stock-especially with PP. Nice to be valued tho. :tongue:

So I get this offer from my dealer-in form of a letter-saying they will offer me $3315 more for my 2010 SHO than the current Black Book value. The value is only $200 less than I paid for it (used) at same dealership 18 months ago. Might have to go in and see. Only good during Customer Loyalty Savings Event-this weekend. They don't have a 2013 SHO in stock-especially with PP. Nice to be valued tho. :tongue:

Go in anyway and make him sweat :)...agreed - see if they will order/locate you a 2013 for that deal....

Sounds to me like one of those scam, bait & switch, type of deals.

You could, strictly for entertainment purposes, go in there & make them sweat out a deal. Again, just for sh!ts & giggles.

But certainly don't go in there with any expectation of them honoring those claimed / proposed offers.

Be wery wery weary there wabbit (in my best Elmer Fudd impression).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I have heard of dealers doing that but it has never happened to me. Probably worth at least checking out. You wouldnt trade in for anything but another SHO though right?....

Nothing but a 2013 SHO-perhaps with PP. Haven't seen any on local dealer inventories. Haven't seen many SHOs period and only a handful of Taurus.

So I go in and say I want to get my $5 Starbucks card and see if I have won one of the Ipads (no). Asked if I was interested in buying-I said only a SHO. Brought a chuckle. Said they had one on floor for two years and finally sold last month. I was familiar with that one-2011 Sterling Gray-no PP. They thought they had another coming. Sort of answers questions about service not being up on this vehicle-had to show them where to find cabin filter after they told me it did not have one. Looked at the Super Snake for list of $68K+. Told it was sold and being picked up that day-premium of $7000 over MSRP=a $75K red/white striped machine. They have lots of Roush Mustangs. Only 2 Taurus. Finance mgr(ex student) said if i really wanted a SHO he could get me one-Just give him a build and he would find it. But todays deals are not tomorrows. Salesman said I should buy a fiesta just to get stated trade offer-I said two. Left laughing and had my coffee/still money on card. Will continue to check back on the 2013. Might get a good demo price at some point. But then only working people can afford new cars.

Archived