Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ok so I rarely use my a/c but it's been so hot recently I have been cranking it up. Every time I start the car now there is s loud clicking noise that seems to be coming from the dash board/pass airbag area.

It clicks 7-10 times and then goes off. Only happens when I first start the car. Any ideas? I'm goon to take it in as soon as I get a chance but was indexing if anyone has experienced this problem before.

• 3 weeks later...
I just noticed this post... Did you guys get it fixed? Mine did the same thing' date=' center blend door actuator. Guy at work also had the same issue. Dealer fixed mine as I was still under the bumper to bumper.[/quote']

Well this is good to hear. I bought the extended 100k platinum warranty so we will see what they say. Taking it in after mustang week.

Well mine would have been fixed by now, but they told me, "Your passenger side seat is heating fine". Before I take my car in for it's next service, I am going to write an explicit note as to what they need to fix. Hopefully they get it right 100%, but I am not making a bet on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
If someone could please get me the part number so I can order one. Dealer thinks it's one of the fans. I'm beyond b2b warranty and it would cost too much at dealer.

Just came looking for this exact same thing. So far I have ordered two that have said they were for 2010+ Taurus and neither has fit. It is an extremely cheap part $15-$25 and simple to install (two screws). I am under warranty and have extended warranty too but if I can do it myself for $25 it'll save me a trip to the dealer.

Since I have a $100 deductible for the certified warrantys, I am just waiting until i have a few things and then go in, as it is $100 per visit, not $100 per issue - in the meantime, we joke about the little man living in the dash who knocks to get out.

Since I have a $100 deductible for the certified warrantys' date=' I am just waiting until i have a few things and then go in, as it is $100 per visit, not $100 per issue - in the meantime, we joke about the little man living in the dash who knocks to get out.[/quote']

What do you mean...wait for a few more things....remember this is a Ford product we're talking about, they don't have problems....only normal maintenance items, Ohhh I guess that's what you meant!:RpS_biggrin:

From what I understand it is kinda of a big job to fix the blend doors. Requires removing a bunch of the dash....so it may be best to let the dealer repair it' date=' especially since it is still in warranty.[/quote']

The one that is clicking on mine is right behind the glovebox. You just unsnap it and the actuator is there held in place with two screws.

This would certainly be more convenient for me then taking it to the dealer. By any chance, did you snap a photograph of the location? I know how to drop the glovebox. I have changed the cabin air filter before.... is it to the left, right, below, or above the filter door?

I don't see why the part number for the Lincoln would be any different than the Ford.....

according to ebay fitment chart Tss is says it fits the lincoln also.

Thanks Crash, when I wrote that I was on my phone and had trouble accessing the link. I just ordered one. Hopefully the install is as easy for me.

It was worth a roll of the dice for me for 19 bucks to avoid the dealer, and thus avoid having to reprogram to stock tune, and avoid delaying the install on my Airaid when it arrives next week. Just to be safe, I plan to take the intake out, as well as reprogram to stock, when going in for service. So, if I had to go in for this, I would have delayed the initial install, which would have driven me CRAZY.

Thanks again for the part number and link Jack.

This would certainly be more convenient for me then taking it to the dealer. By any chance, did you snap a photograph of the location? I know how to drop the glovebox. I have changed the cabin air filter before.... is it to the left, right, below, or above the filter door?

I don't see why the part number for the Lincoln would be any different than the Ford.....

I didnt snap a picture, but it is literally directly behind the glovebox about 2-3 inches to the left of center. You cant miss it.

Oh and for giggles I took apart the old one. There is a motor that drives a gear attached to another gear attached to a third gear that is the actual shaft. That last gear was missing teeth.

Archived