Ecoboost Owner Forums

Random Seat Inflation

Lately my seats have started randomly inflating the lumbar...sometimes when I unlock the car and sometimes while driving. The passenger seat will always inflate even though the memory is set to have it deflated. If you deflate it, it will reinflate itself without any input. Dealer says they can't find any TSB or anything from Ford. I know a few of you have had problems...did you get the seats replaced or is there another fix. I would like to have some additional info so when I make an appointment with the dealer I have additional info.

Service manager called this morning and after talking to Ford he has discovered that this random inflation issue has happened with several other vehicles and that Ford does have a fix. Car goes in early next week for inspection and to order parts for repair!

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer just called and the seats are fixed. Told me it was a "bear" of a job. They have had the car since yesterday morning, so almost two full days to install the parts to fix the seats. I haven't picked the car up yet, will be doing that in the next few hours. Will follow-up with any additional info.

Just back from picking up the car. Driver's seat inflation works fine but I haven't gotten to try the passenger seat. I will say that this is the first time since I got the car that the passenger seat lumbar was not inflated and did not inflate on the ride back from the dealer, so it looks like it is working better then new!

Also in the ear, wife complained about the hard lumbar every time she got in the car. And honestly, I couldn't blame her because it would always be fully inflated and it was very hard on the lower back. I'm sure she enjoy actually being able to adjust it to her liking and have it stay, instead of instantly reinflating to the maximum hardness.

I need to have mine checked also. And sometime when I turn the ac on for the seats it gets hot on the back portion.

mine goes in tomorrow for a number very small things. This is on my list as well. It is not simply a difference of cool verses not cooled, the back is clearly being heated.

mine goes in tomorrow for a number very small things. This is on my list as well. It is not simply a difference of cool verses not cooled' date=' the back is clearly being heated.[/quote']

I just noticed mine doing this the other day, the seat bottom was still cool but the back was hot. Let me know what they say about this.

My car did not have an issue, both the bottom and back cool and heat correctly. Only problem was that the lumbar would randomly inflate the driver side and the passenger side would always inflate to the full position. The passenger seat sometimes would not stay deflated, if you deflated the lumbar, within 30 seconds it would reinflate itself.

Archived