Ecoboost Owner Forums

Average age of SHO owners

mhenne4

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41 here...yeah sucks to get old. Older folks though often say to me 'wow, this is such a grown up car', ha.

Thing is...we were in our early 20's when the first SHO came out. I remember standing at the Ford dealer staring at them drooling and wishing...but, knowing I couldn't afford one. Now that I'm 'of age', I got my dream car!

41 here...yeah sucks to get old. Older folks though often say to me 'wow, this is such a grown up car', ha.

Thing is...we were in our early 20's when the first SHO came out. I remember standing at the Ford dealer staring at them drooling and wishing...but, knowing I couldn't afford one. Now that I'm 'of age', I got my dream car!

I remember being in a van with going to a hockey tournament in December 1988. A car zoomed by us at like 100 mph on the highway. We all asked my buddies dad what it was, and he said, "I don't know, but it had S-H-O on the bumper like the mustangs do"

That was when they were brand new for the 89 model year and NOBODY knew about them..

• 3 weeks later...
. . . technically not a SHO owner as mine's an MKS but only because I got such a killer deal on a used one' date=' otherwise it'd be a SHO . . . checking in at 31.[/quote']THE MKS COUNTS AS SHO BECAUSE THERE WERE SOME SABLE's BACK IN THE DAY WITH YAMAHA ENGINE IN IT, BUT THEY WERE VERY VERY RARE (NOT SURE) MAYBE ONLY 300 ONE YR ONLY OR SOMING LIKE THAT.

. . . technically not a SHO owner as mine's an MKS but only because I got such a killer deal on a used one' date=' otherwise it'd be a SHO . . . checking in at 31.[/quote'] SORRY I WAS WRONG THERE WERE ONLY 50 OF THEM BUILT.:ohwell: REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY RARE!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus_(first_generation)

The Sable, like the Taurus, was available in both sedan and station wagon models. However, it was only offered in two models; the GS and LS. A high-performance model was planned, and it was to be a mechanical counterpart of the Ford Taurus SHO and to be called the LTS[16] However, it was later shelved due to the success of the Taurus SHO.[16] A 50th anniversary edition of the Sable was later released that used the suspension set up that was to be used in the LTS, but only 50 were built.[16] This generation Sable was produced from 1986 until 1991, when a second-generation Sable was launched with the second-generation Taurus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_SHO_V6_engine

In 1993, Ford Canada hand-built 40 Mercury Sables, some of which were powered by SHO V6 engines, as part of their AIV (Aluminum Intensive Vehicle) program and released 20 to the public. Using aluminum suspension elements and aluminum body panels, held together with spot welding and adhesive joining processes developed specifically for this vehicle, the end result was a car that was 400 pounds lighter than a SHO Taurus. In 1995 one of these vehicles finished 15th in the 1995 One Lap of America event.

IN 2010 SHO DOWN AT THE CHAICGO PAINT, THE ONLY SHO SABLE STILL RUNNING WAS THERE!!!

I don t get the relation between Lincoln MKS and Mercury Sable... Still interesting though...

We're all a big family here so what Shoman04 probably wanted to say is whatever ecoboost engine you're driving, the title should read avg age for ecoboost owners, so continue to post even if it's not a SHO.

But back to topic, I am 36 and got my SHO at age 35.

Cheers!

I don t get the relation between Lincoln MKS and Mercury Sable... Still interesting though...

We're all a big family here so what Shoman04 probably wanted to say is whatever ecoboost engine you're driving, the title should read avg age for ecoboost owners, so continue to post even if it's not a SHO.

But back to topic, I am 36 and got my SHO at age 35.

Cheers!

They said that they were not SHO. The sable and Taurus were built on the same chasic the MKS replace the Sable when ford did away with mercury.

Double C got me beat. I'm 66, but still immature as well. When I was young Had 3 muscle cars, '67 Chevelle SS396,'68 Plymouth 383 Roadrunner, the Chevelle didn't make it through a turn, & finally my fav a "71 340 White Duster that was the fastest of the 3. But in '10 I got my fav of all, my White SHO. Love to get in it every day. I haven't darken the windows because I want them to see that it's an old man in body but young in mind that just waxed them!!!!!!!!!!!

Double C got me beat. I'm 66' date=' but still immature as well. When I was young Had 3 muscle cars, '67 Chevelle SS396,'68 Plymouth 383 Roadrunner, the Chevelle didn't make it through a turn, & finally my fav a "71 340 White Duster that was the fastest of the 3. But in '10 I got my fav of all, my White SHO. Love to get in it every day. I haven't darken the windows because I want them to see that it's an old man in body but young in mind that just waxed them!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I'm with these guys and Showgun...you younger guys can take some relief in what we are saying....you may grow older but not up...I still love performance cars as much as I did when I got my first one...'67 Mustang GTA, also owned a bunch more, and the SHO fits right in with the rest of them, but my is it much more refined then any of the cars I owned when I was younger.

Archived