Ecoboost Owner Forums

2010 SHO - Aftermarket Grilles? (UTV Products Billet)

Oh an btw' date=' yes I do regret not painting the 'shiny' behind the grille while I had everything apart. It was a moment of laziness that I wish I had avoided.[/quote']

Any way to get behind the grille without removing it? My guess is you will eventually have to get in there an paint all the shiny - flat black... If you're like me.

Oh an btw' date=' yes I do regret not painting the 'shiny' behind the grille while I had everything apart. It was a moment of laziness that I wish I had avoided.[/quote']

Been there and done that when I installed my mobsteel grill, just get the meth kit it will give you reason to take it back off. Oh by the way looks sinister.

Mike its powder coated gloss black. The wheels are flat, all other paint work is gloss. Sort of a long story. Short version is, I started out wanting everything flat, but got talked out of it... AFTER I got the flat wheels ;-). I don't think it looks too bad, but maybe someday I will get the wheels powder coated gloss (I wanna get rid of the silver lip anyway). I think the gloss is bit more 'classy' than flat.

Thanks for the info, and nice job!

Is that flat black or gloss black?

Hehe, good idea. I have been intrigued by this meth kit. How much gain can you expect from the mod? I dont wanna blow the thing up either. Oh and thanks for the compliment. When I got the paint work doen, the painter said, "Dunno what look you are going for. If its 'Pissed Off Sedan', then you hit it right on the head" lol.

Been there and done that when I installed my mobsteel grill' date=' just get the meth kit it will give you reason to take it back off. Oh by the way looks sinister.[/quote']

Hehe' date=' good idea. I have been intrigued by this meth kit. How much gain can you expect from the mod? I dont wanna blow the thing up either. Oh and thanks for the compliment. When I got the paint work doen, the painter said, "Dunno what look you are going for. If its 'Pissed Off Sedan', then you hit it right on the head" lol.[/quote']

the meth kit I believe gives you nearly 50hp and will shave off .5 second off you 1/4mi E.T. But if you read up on meth injection its a very safe mod helps with denotation and cools combustion temps. But it is the next biggest bang for your buck.

comes on at about 8psi of boost, the system ties into your MAP sensor. Street ability is nice if you drive normally it won't come on but 1/4 throttle and beyond its spraying and there is a LED that comes on when the pump is running. The plus side of it you wont have worry about cleaning you intake tract, its like a self cleaning. Ive went about 2 1/2 gallons of meth in 10 days but I cant keep my foot out of it.

• 5 months later...

That is a bad ass sinister looking front end! Totally sick. Finish it off by blacking out the shiny bits behind the grille.

Don't have a SHO, but do have an Ecoboost Flex, and got here by checking out grilles.

p.s. Hi to Ecobrick Bob,,, miss your posts over on the Flex forums.

Archived