Ecoboost Owner Forums

Official SHO Build Certificate From FORD...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All are/were built in Chi-town. Just a mistake' date=' some of the earlier generation SHO's were built in Atl.[/quote']

All GEN I-III SHO were built here . I always wonder why there seem to be more SHO here than any were I had been (retired Navy been all over the country). Meet a guy who worked Ford here who said that all the GEN I-III SHO's were built there in LA (LOVELY ATLANTA):RpS_laugh: That's why I see so many Here but not Gen IV's:noidea: the yr before I got mine's I saw about 5 gen IV, alter getting it (12-24-2010 what a Christmas gift!!!!!!:faint:) MY SHO is the only I have seeing, lot SE,SEL and limiti but no SHO:RpS_huh:

My SHO is the only one I have seen' date=' lot's of SE's, SEL's, and Limited's, but not SHO's.[/b']

Nothing wrong with that IMO. The less SHO's I see on the road just ensures that mine is that much more unique.

Then with the mod's already under my belt, it just adds even further to the mystique :thumb:

I love it when people guess (often incorrectly as a Foreign model) and are floored when I correct them by stating "It's a Taurus SHO".....

Their jaws drop each and every time. Then the next question is "Is it really twin turbo?". Hahaha gotta love it.

• 2 months later...
Looks like 2012 and 2013 are SOL for now.

Ha Tractor did you post to the wrong thread I didn't not understand you post.:noidea: unless you are saying you cann't get the 2012-13 now. If thats the case you are not SOL you will have to wait for 2-3 mounths alfter you year run ends before you can get yours. I had to wait to get mines for 2011.[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]658[/ATTACH] As you can see it say my car was built in Atlanta not true there is no pant here anymore all the 1st 3 gen SHO's were built here but no 5-6 gen Taurus.

post-237-142532287383_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287387_thumb.jpg

You know, I'm thinking the production numbers for the 12's are going to be low, since production seemed to start a bit late and ended early to begin the 13's. So 2012 may have the lowest production number of the new SHO's yet. Just my guess, no info to back up that statement!:RpS_unsure:

Lol yeah I did mean to post here' date=' I guess I will have to be patient. I already have to wait for tune and stripes might as well wait for this also.[/quote']

You don't have to wait on the stripes just PM ken over at ClassicC and have them in 2days for a little of nothing. [ATTACH=CONFIG]659[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]660[/ATTACH] I had forgot about thread and I did not call Ford on why my Certificate said my car was builted in ATLANTA? I live in Atlanta the plant that built my 1993 SHO is no more bulldoze 2 yrs ago.[ATTACH=CONFIG]661[/ATTACH] Have not built cars in about ten years.

post-237-14253228739_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287393_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287397_thumb.jpg

post-237-14253228739_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287393_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287397_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]663[/ATTACH]

Couple of shots of Certificate against the car so you can see the color-rather rare. Think it is the only year offered. Went to the Kona blue in later years. I like this more. Classic sleeper. Matches my personality-or is that my recliner?

post-394-142532287398_thumb.jpg

post-394-142532287398_thumb.jpg

Love those low numbers, kinda makes me wish I would have gotten the steel blue SHO I was looking at, but since we equally equipped and the dealer with the blue one wanted $2500.00 more and would not move on the price...I went with my candy red...and I really don't regret it at all!

Hey Mike

Thanks for this thread. I just ordered my certificate. I was pushed over the edge after reading about how "rare" my color is. BTW your car looks great!! I particularly like the hood vents. I think your car will remain pretty unique because of the difficultyof this mod. I'm thinking not to many will follow your lead.

vernonator ....not entirely sure on how long after production ends, when the certificates become available.

If I were to guess, and that's all it would be, I'd say 4 to 6 weeks afterwards?

larrylu .... thanks for the kudos on how my SHO's currently sitting. I'd bargain to say that the hood mod won't be the only things that'll end up being unique on my ride :eyebrows:

You're welcome for the thread btw. Anything I can do for my fellow SHO/EB owners, and I'm all over it :thumb:

I just ordered my certificate and window sticker last night... Thanks for the information and links... My 2011 SHO's build date was 7/12/11 and was placed "into service" in March 2012. I just bought it 2 weeks ago in Williamsport with about 1,950 miles on it and I'm over 3,000 now. Anyway, I digress...

I have a question related to production... I saw on a site that the 2011 year run had fewer units than 2010 (no info there yet on 2012)... Furthermore, according to their statistics, there were only 111 2011 Ebony Black SHO's produced. Does that sound correct?... the other production numbers on this website seem consistent from what I read on this thread. See link below.

http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/ford/taurus-sho-2011/

Scroll to the bottom to review the production numbers... I think they also provided a link to the 2010 production figures as well.

Apologies if this was on another thread. Have a great weekend everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]663[/ATTACH]

Couple of shots of Certificate against the car so you can see the color-rather rare. Think it is the only year offered. Went to the Kona blue in later years. I like this more. Classic sleeper. Matches my personality-or is that my recliner?

double c My old lady liked steel blue as I was going to buy a 2010 but I wanted to order it to late and 2011 came in kona blue and that's what I wanted. Here some #'s on the 2011 cars PS the blue change again in 2012. 2011 was Kona Blue yr only to. [ATTACH=CONFIG]668[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532287406_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287415_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287406_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287415_thumb.jpg

I have a question related to production... I saw on a site that the 2011 year run had fewer units than 2010 (no info there yet on 2012)... Furthermore, according to their statistics, there were only 111 2011 Ebony Black SHO's produced. Does that sound correct?... the other production numbers on this website seem consistent from what I read on this thread.

You are correct, and I believe the reason for the low Ebony numbers may be related to the Tsunami in Japan in 2011...I remember that several colors were unavailable because the pigment for those colors came from Japan. I know that red was one of the affected colors and I believe that the Ebony Black was also an affected color...there were a couple of others, but I can't remember all of them. Also, where did you buy the car in Williamsport? I know when I was looking there were none to be had there or in Union, Snyder, Northumberland, or Centre counties!

shoman04, mjhpadi: thanks for the information! Interesting story on the Ebony Black... I assume that 2012 SHO EB production picked up with more builds.

I bought it at the Fairfield Auto Group in Mountoursville...

I had been looking (on and off) for the past year for a replacement for my Legend Lime Mustang GT - something with AWD... I had it whittled down to a SHO, MKS, or Volvo S80. Saw better pricing on the SHO's... still really like the Lincolns though... Anyway, I wanted a black SHO with low miles (like under 5K), and then saw this one on AutoTrader.com only 65 miles away from me... so decided to go and check it out. There wasn't any pictures posted, they must have just gotten it... so sales associate e-mailed me pics. I drove there after work and she just left me go take it for a spin... Well, you know how that goes... I barely left the car lot and said to myself... "yeah, I'm getting this..." Anyway, wasn't till after we settled on a trade in price and purchase price that I noticed it wasn't Tuxedo Black and that it had the Performance Package... which will naturally will cost me more $ in tires this September. I noticed on the vehicles history sheet that it had the one cooling fan strategy TSB done and that the pssgr side taillight trim was replaced.

I just ordered my certificate and window sticker last night... Thanks for the information and links... My 2011 SHO's build date was 7/12/11 and was placed "into service" in March 2012. I just bought it 2 weeks ago in Williamsport with about 1,950 miles on it and I'm over 3,000 now. Anyway, I digress...

I have a question related to production... I saw on a site that the 2011 year run had fewer units than 2010 (no info there yet on 2012)... Furthermore, according to their statistics, there were only 111 2011 Ebony Black SHO's produced. Does that sound correct?... the other production numbers on this website seem consistent from what I read on this thread. See link below.

http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/ford/taurus-sho-2011/

Scroll to the bottom to review the production numbers... I think they also provided a link to the 2010 production figures as well.

Apologies if this was on another thread. Have a great weekend everyone.

HERE IN THE SOUTH I DO NOT REMEMBER EBONY BLACK EVER BEING PROMOTED. There was only tuxedo black offer here. never hear of the Ebony car until I got the production figures.I was thinking that in 2011 were more SHO sold than 2010?( not sure on that). It still more than the hightest sold in one yr being 1989& 1999. And some of those yrs ford sold 300000 reg. Taurus and 1993 3132 SHO (I had one of them) were built and the highest in one yr.. [ATTACH=CONFIG]669[/ATTACH] That was only 1% of the total. 2010 ford sold about 60k, 2011 75k not bad the SHO were almost 5%. That very good for us who love this car.

post-237-142532287419_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532287419_thumb.jpg

Just got my certificate, but will wait to post... They printed it out on Ford Shelby GT 500 paper (with a GT 500 as the background watermark). :(

Anyway, it too said Atlanta Assembly even though the separate sticker I ordered said Chicago.

The vehicle was #4739 of a build of 4845 sedans in 2011.

It was #77 of 111 manufactured in Ebony Black. I'm going to try to get them to re-send me a new certificate with the Taurus background and label.

Archived