Ecoboost Owner Forums

heat extractors !!!

casperl878

Awesome! It's a pretty cool mod for sure....

Turns lots of heads I can assure you of that....

You already have the contact info for the body shop that performed my install, so hopefully they'll be of help to who ever it is you choose to do the work locally, on your end, out by you.

I have no suggestions on color selection.... I would say though, that be sure to choose wisely, as this is a permanent mod.

You may want to think on a medium, to long term basis as far as your overall goals for your SHO, & what theme(s) you may ultimately want to roll with.

Like me for instance, I already have the next 3 to 5 cosmetic mods in mind, but need to save up the cash in order to complete them.....

Like pieces of a puzzle, you kind of need to have the image of the completed puzzle in your mind, much like you would use the completed image to help you when placing all the individual pieces together.

If that makes any sense mind you :noidea:

Please continue keeping the community posted as your progress unfolds.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

hello mike, yes i am trying to piece it all together and im gonna try to find a good body shop but its difficult cause alot of shops dont wanna do mods or not factory parts they like to do the easy same body work i suppose, but i also did get my body kit so i am trying to piece it all together and im trying hard to find a shop not only to do the work but to also do good work and are familar with this types of work and a FAIR price, which places say i dont know what to charge or how long which is kinda scary and you dont know if there gonna say 200,400-or $1000, if you can PM me if you dont mind a price what it cost you about just to have a rough idea if you dont mind otherwise no big deal,i would like to get my calipers painted or just get better ones cause these brakes are not really good at all the stock ones but i really cant afford 2100 just for the front 2, any suggestions on what i could get or if i can paint these calipers ? i was thinking cause i like the black and chrome like my grill and rims to go with a silver/greyish metalic paint like my black metalic paint, i think that would look nice, what do you guys think or feel on that and any other suggestions guys?

thanks mike,sho peeps,

anthony

I NEVER disclose pricing. NEVER.

What one shop would charge you, may be different from what they'd charge me. Plus, pricing is effected by several factors....

Those matters are left best between the individual customer, and the vendor.

As far as the color choices, I like your ideas of using the silver-ish or gray tones throughout. Oughta look sharp.

Brakes. Well, you're right, you can opt for the set up from EBOF Supporting Vendor TCE, or for lesser priced options, there are a myriad of companies that produce after market rotors / pads.

If you're looking simply from an aesthetics perspective, there's a pretty well known company which (conveniently for me) is based out of IL....

But they make a great brake caliper paint kit, the company is called G2.

Look up 'em up on the net.

ok well thanks for the info and tips, and im assuming that no plasti dip or regular car paint at a body shop will work to paint the caliper's??? thanks and if that dont work then maybe ill look up that G2 company, but if i can have it paint the same as my hood dedcalls, that would be sick, i wish i could paint my ground kit that greyish,silverish color but i just had it painted my car color so im ffffffff!@#kkkkk

That G2 company can custom make colors, but they have an extensive array of "stock" colors to choose from.... therefore, you can't go wrong by using them.

I wouldn't think any other type of paint would work due to the heat of the brakes..... especially Plasti-Dip.

hello, the heat extractors are a ford part for the mustang, in my ford dealership they have a bright green mustang BOSS, the car looks sick and these were on them, if your interested i can probably get you the part number if still needed buddy, also i cant wait to show the final pics of them done and installed ALONGGGGGGGGGGG with the body kit which might take a lil longer due to the back bumper kit part IS TOTALLY F#$#KKK AND make for the sel and limited taurus not the sho, go figure,

Can't wait to see the hood completed! Where did you order the extractors from?

I also agree with bpd on the G2 caliper paint. I've used it on many vehicles and have never had it chip or peel. It's very durable and easy to apply.

Archived