Ecoboost Owner Forums

Another day at the track...

Scrming

Ok... still 90 degrees here... normally I wouldn't head out to the track.. HOWEVER a friend got a brand new 2013 V6 Vert he wanted to run so I headed out to the track... I did some slow passes with him to get some GoPro Video of his car going down the track... BUT THEN... I went and had some FUN!

[video=youtube;LZmt1fZn6b8]

13.177!! Was NOT expecting that! The DA was 3455!!! I also had a 13.189! I did play a bit with the tune... but geez...

I also beat a Vette! Unfortunately I was in the wrong lane to film it! D'oah!!! I guess I need ANOTHER GoPro!!!

After the run the Vette did get on my GoPro for a second:

vette.jpg

And the Vette timeslip: (someone said it was a C5)

photo_5_.JPG

I purposely left late so I wouldn't RED LIGHT!! LOL

post-29-142532294108_thumb.jpg

post-29-142532294108_thumb.jpg

Always nice videos! 13.17 is very impressive given the poor conditions! I also took advantage that my family is still in Mexico to go to the drag... Temperatures were in the 90's here as well, the DA was around 2900, but we had a tailwind. I ran 7 runs between 12.56 and 12.67 and the trap speed were between 110 and 113mph. Already there, it was a bit better than at Milan ( about 0.2 sec better), I would say temperature was accounting for 0.1 and wind the other 0.1. But the more I think about it, the current setup will probably not bring me in the 11's... I expect a 12.1-12.2 at best... A mod in the tune with a little more aggressive boost after start will be needed. Still, it was nice to take advantage of a sunny day back home.

Cheers and thanks again for your videos Scrming! You make us all want to buy a gopro! Good job!

Thanks!! Yeah, when I pulled back in the pits and they told me I ran a 13.1 I was SHOCKED! But then I backed it up with another 13.1!

Do like my GoPros! The reason I went to the track today was my buddy was trying out his new Mustang... I paced him to keep him "in frame"

[video=youtube;vQefX9r2gy8]

what did your friend run? I ran against Darell's brother who owns a new V6 Coupe and he ran 14.4 at 98mph... Weather was certainly a killer that day! My guess is that your friend ran 14.2 at 98... Am I close?

Well... you got the trap speed right!!! His is a Vert so it's heavier... it also has the 2.73 gears... and of course the HEAT!!! So he went 15.0 @ 98.6.

Oops! I was expecting better. Anyways' date=' I think that the new V6 Mustang is a very good deal for a reasonable sport car.[/quote']

Yeah... I think we all were! With the stock tune and the 2.73s the car was launching really soft! Eventually the car will get come kind of FI.... most likely a turbo! ;)

You had a nice day! the 1/8 on slip was pretty good' date=' R/T is no big deal. When your running for E/T you want to shallow stage and not go until your ready anyway.[/quote']

Thanks! I always try to stage shallow... ;) I definitely wanted to tree the Z28, since I figured he was going to be faster than me! It sure did sound good! LOL

Archived