Ecoboost Owner Forums

"How-To" Upgrade Your Interior Lights To LED's (2010 MY)....

Upgraded my interiors, and don't known if this is from the lights or coincidence, but now my key fob seems not as responsive. It seems like when I hit unlock and the lights come on my fob doesn't work until the lights go off. When I get out of the car and lock it I can't press it twice to get the horn to chirp until the lights turn off. I replaced the battery in my key fob and it still does the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Upgraded my interiors, and don't known if this is from the lights or coincidence, but now my key fob seems not as responsive. It seems like when I hit unlock and the lights come on my fob doesn't work until the lights go off. When I get out of the car and lock it I can't press it twice to get the horn to chirp until the lights turn off. I replaced the battery in my key fob and it still does the same thing.

Wow, strange, I haven't heard of anyone having this happen before.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Wow I think you might have just helped me figure out my problem. My key fob(s) randomly stop working and I had the dealer try to fix it but they couldn't (they replaced something in the dash and said it was all fixed, then of course 2 days later they're back to not working). Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they started acting up right around the time I put my LEDs in.

Something I've been meaning to ask is, my interior LEDs never fully turn off, is that how they're supposed to be? I'm not sure how to explain it, but there is always a small dot still on (you gotta look right at it to notice it but it's obvious it's still on).

Something I've been meaning to ask is, my interior LEDs never fully turn off, is that how they're supposed to be? I'm not sure how to explain it, but there is always a small dot still on (you gotta look right at it to notice it but it's obvious it's still on).

Yes, unless you put resistors in the line, some of the LED's require such small amount of current that they remain lit slightly. Mine do it, and I liken it to the lighting in a theater. The lights fade to a very, very dim setting but never go out completely (if the lights of the car are on). Surprisingly, not one person has noticed it in my car. However, some people do not have their LED bulbs remaining lit. I know some people whose lights work the same with LED or regular bulbs.

I have not experienced any issues with my key fob malfunctioning, or having any type of decreased functionality, following the completion of this mod.

The key fob works off of a frequency transmitter, and the LED's, even under operation, would not scramble, or cause interference with the radio signals being communicated 'tween the key fob, & the car's interface, or junction box.

As far as the very subtle glowing that you are describing, I do recall experiencing this described issue myself, albeit within other previous vehicles I've owned.

The glowing has not made it's presence known in the SHO.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

i'll chime in here....

got these for my interior: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-landscape-lights/194-led-bulb-15-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/910/2244/#a

got them in today and no dice...too loose in the housing even with bent pins...returning those...and ordered these: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/919/#a

we'll see how it goes...

I wouldn't think the little LED's would emit enough interferrence to cause issues with the key fobs, but you never know. When I installed my garage door opener, it specifically states not to use LED bulbs (in the garage door opener), that they may cause interference and significally reduce the range of the the garage door openers.

Does the 2013 SHO have different sized bulbs? I was thinking about doing my lights along with the puddle lights on the rear view mirrors
Page... (oh crap, can't remember) of the manual has all the bulb numbers. Punch those numbers into the LED bulb site of your choice for cross reference. The puddle lights in the mirrors use the same festoon bulb size that BPD's guide lists.

I just got doing this "mod" and I had issues with the reading/dome lights behind the front row of seats. The first problem was the LEDs didn't want to fit into the reading light sockets with the reflector in place and when I put it into the dome light, I couldn't shut off the one reading light. I managed to break one of the LEDs since it was so hard to get into the socket of the reading light and then I couldn't get it out when I saw I left the reflector out of it :mad:

The front lights look good and make a big difference. I still need to do the puddle lights when I get some time.

Archived