Ecoboost Owner Forums

NERVOUS !! car surgery

casperl878

not offended here at all, i appreciate your thoughts and your honest opinions 1000% and that goes for all of your comments, i like it and love it what my car looks like and stuff and yes if i could i would try to keep the 2 color thems which i want to but ill c what i can do, i dont see on here many chrome cars or chrome rims or chrome pieces on cars, i dont know if its something that no one likes or wants to do but to me that was always a perfect match and i loved it black and chrome, and like i said my black metalic paint and the vents which i really dont have and wont have for a couple days due to weather now an[ATTACH=CONFIG]830[/ATTACH]d not completely done but its a metalic paint to match also, [ATTACH=CONFIG]831[/ATTACH]

post-453-142532287654_thumb.jpg

post-453-142532287658_thumb.jpg

post-453-142532287654_thumb.jpg

post-453-142532287658_thumb.jpg

thanks guys once again for your HONEST opinions, its all taken well ghe good and bad and not sure comments lol, but the vents are def not gonna get changed cause i didnt want them the same color as my car and i couldnt get them chromed, so i got the vents painted a metalic silver paint which is similar in paint wise like my black metalic car, so thats not changing, i love the chrome and black look, the only thing that im planning and gonna do is try to get the hood SHO stripes painted in the metalic silver to match the vents if not just get the stripes painted on in that color and just no decal so the color will match perfect, and for the chrome grill i did plan on painting the grill black and leave the outside of it still chrome as i love that combo look just i think a lil less will be better, does anyone know if i can paint that grill the same as my car black metailic paint?will the car paint work and stay on the grill or it wouldnt work? thanks guys

IDK about your particular grille set up, however the mesh inserts on the Mobsteel Grille are completely removable from the outer surrounds.

In that case, you could've painted them, or PC'd them.....

But your set up is obviously different. But it still appears to be a mesh material, so I would say yeah, you can.....

But you may have to have a few more days downtime with your car, as you may need to entirely remove both the upper's & lower's in order to accomplish what your looking to do.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

If you are looking for different hood stripes check out Ken (classicars) he did most of our stripes and does great work, I'm very pleased with mine, and like the font of the lettering since it matches the rest of the emblems on the car.

yes i have the hood stripes from ken but they only come in basic colors which i have then in silver, i was gonna paint them the silver metalic color to match the hood vents or just get them painted on my hood in that color cause i was told i cant paint the hood stripes so i was gonna paint them on so then they would match,

and mike i dont exactly get or know what you mean by my particular grille set up what your not sure about and that my set up is obviously different? idk or get it so if u want please explain or PM if u want or let me know what you mean exactly so i can know what u r talking about so i can try to understand and try to see from your point of view, so please let me know if your talking about if i can or cant paint my grille with my car matching paint, is that what u did on ur grille?

steve, what do you mean the chrome on the sides to get rid of?the side vents arent the chrome taurus ones anymore there the 2013 side vents that are mostly black now with alot less chrome,?unless your talking about getting rid of my chrome rims? which if thats the case sorry but thats crazy ! lol

seems like no one likes chrome at all on this forum which is cool and is great cause that shows how theres so many differnt ideas and great minds just i think chrome and black look amazing together, but once again i do appreciate all the good and bad comments, all taken well, i cant even count how many compliments all the time b4 the ground effects and vents were put on that ive gotten about my the chrome rims and chrome grille look, and now alot more on all of the lil other things added on recently

i also think that some of you which is my fault and my pictures arent that great, but i think a few of you said i have so many different colors, so maybe its my crappy pictures or it could just be maybe something i preferred to paint or match that way that i liked, not sure,sorry for confussion,

FINALLYYYYYYYYYY SHES DONE AND HOME SAFE!!, all painted looking brand spankin new with her new minny skirt on and vents to get a breeze to cool off her ..........., ill try to get some pics out on the final job for all you lovers and most importantly for all the lovely haters :) love all the comments good and bad as long as there honest and will be looking for them soon, take care and stay cool n classy EBOF forum peeps !! lol

Archived