Ecoboost Owner Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting for a reply myself on this because I was curious if the new wheels were lighter, doesnt look like anybody knows for sure. I know mine (2010 19s) are in the 40 lb+ range and PP rims like mine are another couple pounds. Heavy rim! The 2013's look lighter but dont know. Maybe you can look into buying one and see if there is a shipping weight.

The 2010-2012 20" rims and tires are 60+ lbs. My Flex ones with Goodyear RS-A's were 63 lbs. Have posted this before, but my 18" TSW Interlagos with Michelin Pilot Super Sports are only 43 lbs total! Amazing Stopping and Handling improvements. Mostly weight but tires are fantastic by themselves. Hopefully someone with a 2013 PP SHO will pull a wheel and weigh it on their bathroom scale.

The 2010-2012 20" rims and tires are 60+ lbs. My Flex ones with Goodyear RS-A's were 63 lbs. Have posted this before' date=' but my 18" TSW Interlagos with Michelin Pilot Super Sports are only 43 lbs total! Amazing Stopping and Handling improvements. Mostly weight but tires are fantastic by themselves. Hopefully someone with a 2013 PP SHO will pull a wheel and weigh it on their bathroom scale.[/quote']

Thanks for the detail Bob, I should have clarified the 40+ was rims only not the whole package. That was actually based off of an SHOForum post where one of you guys (cant remember who) went to 22 lb rims and lost over 20 pounds per wheel.

I just weighed the wheels that came on my 2013 w/o PP and they are around 35lbs without a tire. Not sure if they are same as the PP but they look it. Hope this helps.

Rob

[ATTACH]855[/ATTACH]

That is lighter but not by as much as I would have guessed. Thanks for posting as I was curious about weight difference on the new wheel myself as it is so different then the previous design.

penneyr (Rob) thanks for posting this info and answering members questions. :hail:

rep points headed your way, and once again, thank you :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Found the post I was remembering and it was yours :) You estimated 22 lbs savings then later said your rims were 22 lbs. I added to estimate ours are 40's. and my wife says I am loosing my memory.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/119-5th-6th-gen-aesthetics-interior-wheels-tires/170760-staggered-wheel-set-up-my-2010-sho.html

I just weighed the wheels that came on my 2013 w/o PP and they are around 35lbs without a tire. Not sure if they are same as the PP but they look it. Hope this helps.

Rob

[ATTACH]855[/ATTACH]

Just to clarify I used an old bathroom scale not a true wheel weight, but close enough.:RpS_unsure:

Flex wheels are different design, but are the same width and offset. Actually 32 lbs are NOT all that heavy for 20" wheels. Darrell weighted his PP SHO wheels/tires and they were like 62 lbs. SHO 20" tires are 245's where the Flex has 255's. Go to TireRack site and check out all their 20"s for our EB vehicles. The only really light wheels are going to be forged or rotoforged, like the TSW Interlagos or Nurbergrings. Interlagos are about 5-8% lighter than Nurgergrings, but both are about 70 % of a non- rotoforged, poured aluminum wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
Flex wheels are different design' date=' but are the same width and offset. Actually 32 lbs are NOT all that heavy for 20" wheels. Darrell weighted his PP SHO wheels/tires and they were like 62 lbs. SHO 20" tires are 245's where the Flex has 255's. Go to TireRack site and check out all their 20"s for our EB vehicles. The only really light wheels are going to be forged or rotoforged, like the TSW Interlagos or Nurbergrings. Interlagos are about 5-8% lighter than Nurgergrings, but both are about 70 % of a non- rotoforged, poured aluminum wheel.[/quote']

I have the Goodyear F1 245/45-20 summer tires. The tire by it self is 26lb w/25,000mi used (save it for a spair) I still haven't weight the combo SORRY. I'm looking at the "Konig Unknown" they are only 22lb in the 20in size.

• 7 months later...

Archived