Ecoboost Owner Forums

Thanks Rick 1st 13.14sec 1/4mi WOW!!! TO ALL THE 12SEC. GUY HOW CAN I JOIN THE CLUB?

Unfortunately without meth you will have to wait for the weather to be just right. My best time was a 12.90 on a low to mid 80 degree day. Also to lower your ET stage lightly, meaning just creep in til 2nd light lights up you just want to break the beam. To lower RT stage deeper. Another to look at is cell phone app called dragtimes, i believe they have web site also. this app will give all your weather data help understand what DA is and how effects your performance. But as to Beefcakes car, I don't recall everything that was done to it, but it was not just a tune. I do recall it was running a boost a pump. But as for now with the weather this time of year, go to strip on nice mild evening and park your car for 1.5-3hrs and remember about staging, you see the times your looking for.

Paul I know you pain' date=' I see a guy call Beefcake on youtube run a 12.7 with only a tune!!!!!!!! I WANT TO GO 12.99 OR LOWER :Cry::frusty: Even gregoire has go 12.79 with out Meth.!!!!!!! I WANT 12 I WANT 12 I WANT 12 "I FILLED THE NEED FOR SPEED" (Retire Navy) was in San Deago when they film TOP GUN.[/quote']

I also feel this type of pain! We have tweaked my tune since I ran the 12.95 back in April on a very nice chilly day... I know we picked up probably a good solid tenth... however the weather has not cooperated! We should have had some nice cold days well into May! But seems we went right to hot summer weather! So now I must WAIT, until later this Fall to shoot for that new personal best!!! ARGH!!!!! I have never wished for November to get here before! LOL!

I also feel this type of pain! We have tweaked my tune since I ran the 12.95 back in April on a very nice chilly day... I know we picked up probably a good solid tenth... however the weather has not cooperated! We should have had some nice cold days well into May! But seems we went right to hot summer weather! So now I must WAIT' date=' until later this Fall to shoot for that new personal best!!! ARGH!!!!! I have never wished for November to get here before! LOL![/quote']

Scrming did you dyno the Flex with just LMS TUNE AND then with Meth was the drifference with Meth for as HP/TOR.

Scrming did you dyno the Flex with just LMS TUNE AND then with Meth was the drifference with Meth for as HP/TOR.

Here you go...

BLUE = STOCK TUNE

RED = LMS Stage 4+

GREEN = LMS Stage 4+ plus methanol

4Plus_Methanol.jpg

One thing to keep in mind, since that dyno we've made some tweaks, so it is not completely accurate any more... Not sure how much the tweaks were worth but I'm guessing in the 10 to 20 ft/lbs... maybe a bit more.... Basically my ETs were:

14.2 @ 97 Stock

13.4 @ 102 Stage 4+

12.95 @ 107 Stage 4+ Methanol

Unfortunately we only had like two weeks of cool air this spring... So it's hard to know exactly what the latest tweaks have done... i know it has lowered my 60' and over the course of the last few weeks I've been able to run 13.0s even though it's been well into the 80's and the DA has been in the 2600 to 2900 range! So hopefully Fall will bring us come COLD AIR... at which point I believe we'll see 12.8, and with perfect conditions maybe even dip in the the 12.7s...

But yes, I would say the methanol is good for close to a full 1/2 second...

Yea I can't wait to go meth later once I have my credit card payed down.

I want to pull the trigger too but it is money, time to install, trip to Livernois, stocking Methanol... Not ready either. Then you have a traction problem, aftermarket rims for summer/winter set, soft summer tires, $$$$. Maybe I can find more stuff to sell on Ebay :)

thanks alot Scrming' date=' like Paul time and money for adding Meth Plus I'm in Ga. get my car to LMS adds to cost and time does Rick sub contact to another shop?[/quote']

I had mine shipped by LMS and installed at a local speed shop... Took them 19 hours as it was their frist SHO, but the how-to that Mike (BPD1151) did was quite helpful. I believe the job could have been done in 10-15 hours easily. Then Rick can send you a tune and from there, you just try it and report back... We needed to do this a few times to make sure that the initial setup was well configured (when and how much the methanol is sprayed)... Then I filmed a few runs under WOT and after the third one Dan sent me the customized tune. I after went to Detroit, mostly to meet them and make sure that my installation and tune was top notch. It appears that the tune was perfect, the installation too, but Dan played a little with the initial and turn on buttons and now everything is perfect. That last step could have been done easily over the phone or email... So, all-in, the kit itself is less than 1,000 $ shipped. It takes about 15 hours for install (at 75$ / hour) that is about another 1,000 $ and then a few email exchange with Rick and films under WOT and Voilà! You will have found an extra 50hp in your car! Honestly, the car runs great but the real difference is from stock to LMS stage 4+... Once stage 4+, the car is really awake and meth just adds a bit more...

Oh yes and also you need to buy the methanol... Where I live it is about 65$ tax in for 5 gallons, but I believe in the States it is closer to 45-45$. It is about twice the price as 93 octane gas, but don't forget that when it is spraying meth, you use less gas! So in fact, if you spend 300$ a year in meth, it is in fact 150$ more than if you'd have burned only gas. Plus, it cleans the intake and keep things cooler...

So, for my case, it is all worth it and definitely the best bang for the buck after the tune.

Archived