Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tune question / survey somewhat

bobback

For those that have a tune...I'm curious on how many member's have a tune, and if so do you track your car, or is it just a daily driver?

Also, about how many miles have you put on if tuned?

Stage 2 and daily driver for me; only about 500 miles w/ tune.

Car has Livernois Stage 4+ tune....it is my daily driver (more or less) and the car was tuned with Stage 2 at about 7000 miles (as I remember) and car now has 18,500 miles on it. Tune was installed in Jan. 2011 and has not been stock since...well, other then reinstalled so I could upgrade to Stage 4+.

I have run stage 4+ since it exists and Livernois tunes for about a year and about 20K miles. Car runs great and I use it as a daily driver and have gone to the track about 20 times for at least 300 passes and car runs well! I always put 94 octane, use synthetic oil (Royal Purple) and change oil every 5K miles. I drive it every day, summer, winter, sun, rain or snow. After all, I bought an AWD to be able to use it regardless of the weather conditions. : )

Some of you guys have put a lot of miles on with tune in' date=' great nobody is having issues. I am probably around 7.5K started with stage 2, switched to 4, and have been stock for warranty (nothing mechanical, just being cautious).[/quote']

Are you with stage 4 or 4+? I found that 4+ offers a much smoother ride while being faster and I felt stage 4 was rough on the tranny. So, if you are indeed driving with stage 4, I strongly suggest to switch to stage 4+ and enjoy the best of two worlds.

Are you with stage 4 or 4+? I found that 4+ offers a much smoother ride while being faster and I felt stage 4 was rough on the tranny. So' date=' if you are indeed driving with stage 4, I strongly suggest to switch to stage 4+ and enjoy the best of two worlds.[/quote']

I did receive an updated file from Rick a while back and he said it was the latest version,. I know what you mean, when I went back to stock even it didnt feel as smooth as when 4+++ was in. They did a great job getting that one right.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived