Ecoboost Owner Forums

New stock tires

Guys these babies are on national back order, my dealer said I got the last 4 in the nation yesterday. At 800ish installed they are freakig expensive. So if you have your stocks coming up on a change soon, make sure they lifted the back order or you'll be needing to extend the life out of them.

I have repeated stated how much I hate the Michelins....I am trying to get them replaced as part of the warranty during my next normal service. Mine are cracking badly with only 18K miles, these tires suck, almost as much as Michelin's customer service. I know that if they are not replaced under warranty terms, then when I finally do replace them it will NOT be with the M work tires.

Seems to be hit or miss... I looked at about six 2010s (MKS) and did not see any issues with the tires. I was not specifically looking for cracks, but I was looking at the rims with a fine toothed comb and believe the insane cracking I have seen on this site would have caught my eye. To that end, when I bought the car, I worked 4 new OEM Michelins into the deal. Too soon to tell if i will have any issues, but if not, I would definitely replace with them again. I like the balance of ride and quietness....not stellar handling, but thats okay with me. I also have the same tires on my Cadillac and have no issues there either (same exact kind, but much smaller 225/60/16). No cracking issues there. I wonder if Michelin made a bad "batch". The failure to take care of the probem for some guys on here is, however, unacceptable.

I did file a complaint with the NTSB today about the tires and Michelin and Ford's non response to the cracking, as I now believe it is a safety issue with at least the tires on my car....will see if that stirs the pot at all. But that said I still haven't heard anything from either Ford or the Navteq people regarding my concerns about mistakes in the navigation updates and the price they ask, for that update. And I had a promise from someone named Michelle in Ford Customer Service that she would look into my concerns and get back to me, but that was in May....:whistle:

Doesn't the Performance Package run Goodyear Eagle F-1 Supercar tires?

Correct...and from what I understand they are a performance related tire, that has a whole 20k mileage warranty if that!!! But that is what is expected on a "performance" tire.

I just bought a set of Good Year RSA's (not the RSA 2); which is an all season tire, obvioulsy good for my neck of the woods; and odds are will last a lot longer than 14k miles! Plus, close to $100 less per tire than the F1's, and if you get them at Wally World they ran me only $188 per tire.

I just put them on today, and my guess is the average Joe can't tell the difference between the RSA and the F1.

Guys these babies are on national back order' date=' my dealer said I got the last 4 in the nation yesterday. At 800ish installed they are freakig expensive. So if you have your stocks coming up on a change soon, make sure they lifted the back order or you'll be needing to extend the life out of them.[/quote']

You got a killer deal at 800 ish installed...or pricing up here in Mon-tucky is a lot higher!

Archived