Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Auxiliary OIL Cooler Retro... Completed 09/18/12!

Installed / Completed 09/18/12!!

Got around to installing / retro-fitting the new '13 Aux Oil Cooler onto my '10 SHO yesterday.

A "How-To" will eventually be forthcoming (when time permits).

But in the interim, here's a few pics to peruse through.

I can say that there will be a modified parts list as well, since some items were not completely necessary (although I used them anyhow) and addt'l bolts were needed.

Enjoy :thumb:

Stock OFA removed from engine block:

2012-09-19_09-42-05_791_zps16e65e1c.jpg

View of Engine Block w/ OFA removed:

003_zps880c0a9d.jpg

New OFA installed:

006_zpsbbdf693a.jpg

Aux Oil Cooler Installed On Top Of The New OFA:

011_zps0b0f85aa.jpg

New Lines Attached:

013_zpsb31864a5.jpg

012_zps933f6aad.jpg

014_zps170012ae.jpg

We Did Have To "Cap Off" The 3rd (unused) Trunk Which Is The Supply Tube For The '13 PTU Cooler:

2012-09-14_11-37-22_996.jpg

So it looks to be as simple as a retro fit as the trans cooler.

It is as easy as the trans cooler retro.....

I mean don't get me wrong, there's still some degree of work involved, but fairly simple for the most part.

Looks just like mine and a very easy mod to do. Thanks for turning me on to it.

You are quite welcome.

As with most of my posts, and mod suggestions, I hope it's beneficial to a lot a fellow members :thumb:

I spoke with Mr. Steven Ling, one of the FMC Execs at this year's National SHO Convention in regards to the possibility of retro fitting the Aux PTU Cooler from the '13's, onto my 2010 (or any other '10/'11/'12 MY) and he openly stated "good luck".

According to Mr. Ling, who from what I understand had been one of the Engineer's on the SHO EB Devleopment Team (he's now in Marketing), he said that to retro the '13 Aux PTU Cooler who require an "extensive" amount of work.

So much so that when FMC began considering selling the '13 coolers as retro kits for us '10,'11, & '12 owners, that FMC opted to NOT even consider adding the PTU Cooler into the mix of them for potential future sales.

So, although I too desire to do the PTU Cooler too (like you racerx) I am highly skepitcal that it can performed with any degree of success, and/or at any reasonable price point.

But hey, I'm all for fellow EBOF members step'n up to the proverbial mod plate and giving it a whirl.

Just be sure to take pics along the way, keep tabs on your item/product #'s and their corresponding prices, and be prepared to either do a "How-To" or answer a whole host of questions from other owners / members.

To quote Mr. Ling....... "good luck" :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Chris, you CAN do the oil cooler retro even if you have the ACC option....

It's the Aux Tranny Cooler that you CAN'T do with ACC.

Otherwise, yes, check with either of EBOF Supporting Vendors Unleashed Tuning, or LMS for kit pricing and/or availability.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...
Once again' date=' great job mike and very helpful and detailed, looking forward for the "how to" when u have time....[/b']

The Official "How-To" has finally been completed.

Whew, lots of time spent once again......

It's located here btw: http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?1265-quot-How-To-quot-Retro-Fit-2013-Auxiliary-OIL-Cooler-Onto-10-12-SHO-EB-Engines

Archived