Ecoboost Owner Forums

Midwest meet & greet

Paulford8

OK guys we have enough Ecoboost owners in the midwest we should be able to get something going. I suggest nothing fancy or formal, just a meet and if we have enough people maybe a cookout.

Location: I am willing to host or drive doesnt matter. Between my house and neighbors there is a lot of grass that would fit a bunch of cars. I can also cookout and provide a restroom.... I could also find a Central IL park if you guys prefer.

That said if somebody wants to host or find a site I am all for that too!

Dates: What about 1 day during Labor day weekend Sept 1, 2 or 3 or another weekend in September? I am open the 8th & 9th, and 15th & 16th also. If everybody is tied up start throwing out October dates.

Activity: Just meeting and grilling would be plenty of fun. *but if you guys want a track day at the drag strip, or something else I am willing to research and throw out some options.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll check my September calendar and re-post availability.....

Busy this weekend get'n ready for the National SHO Convention in MN

It looks like a good time, enjoy. We are going to see Ice Age 4 tomorrow as our weekend adventure, bet you wish you could trade me places :RpS_wink:

If it is within 2 hours of Lansing MI, I am in. How about meeting at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, michigan. If we do that, I will pay for everybody to get in, and buy everybody lunch. For real. Best car museum in the US in my opinion.

hello,

i live in ny, and am willing to do a meet, i dont mind driving somewhat a realistic distance and time, but i guess i have to wait for your guys to choose a place and location, if its chicago or around that i think thats about 10ish hours for me im guessing, but i really wouldnt wannat travel anything like 15-20 hours, thats just way to much, but i am def. down for a meet and hope you guys can come up with a def. date and location,

If it is within 2 hours of Lansing MI' date=' I am in. How about meeting at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, michigan. If we do that, I will pay for everybody to get in, and buy everybody lunch. For real. Best car museum in the US in my opinion.[/quote']

I am 2.5 hours south of Chicago and Hickory Hills is another 2 hours or so. Not bad for me, but it would be a haul for a couple of these other guys. If we end up with guys driving 6-10 hours we should probably throw out a hotel (with a bar) we can stay at that night or the night before depending on when we meet.

I like the car museum idea, lets see how many could meet there. Is there a good place in Hickory Hills for lunch?

They have a diner on site at the museum. I like the idea of a hotel with a bar too. Maybe in Kalamazoo?

I actually posted an "looks like they have a diner" with a link after I looked the place up but it hasnt shown because of the link....

Havent decided if I would stay the night, if a few guys want to I might just to be social and have a couple beers without the wife watching me :) Kalamazoo looks close to Hickory and is closer to I80 which what I would take there/home.

If everybody likes this idea lets start throwing some dates out.

Also, if we have a few cars, they will give us a special place to park on the grass so we can all be together - they do that for "car clubs". I have been a season pass holder for years - if fact, I am going to be there next weekend (7/28). I will toss some dates out, perhaps 8/11; 8/18; 8/25 or maybe in September, sounds like a blast.

sounds great lets get a date out there guys, at least 2-4 week notice for everyone to make arrangements, but im sure alot of people like myself who have to drive would agree or at least i do if there is a bar/hotel (jacuzzi lol) for later on cause ill probably stay for the night with a longggggggg drive there and then drinking and a late night stay up having a few more and some local mens entertainment bar lol jk well maybe lol but to stay in a hotel for that night, thanks and sounds great lets get this goin guys, anyone have def dates that arent good? or how much date notice do you all think is fair enough to give so we can all make arrangements with work,family etc.? cant wait lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!

I had thrown out September dates to give everybody some time. Labor day weekend Sept 1 or 2. I like to hand around and watch the drags at Indy that weekend but they are open dates for me. Also September 8th is open for me along with the 15.

The only Saturday I have in August is the 25th, and I am a charity golf outing the 24th so I maybe beat on the 25h :) remains to be seen.

Darrel I am all for track days but I am really liking the museum meet idea. Here is what I suggest...

Meet at the museum Sept 8th if that works for everybody, park, chitchat, check out the cars, eat, maybe a few of us have a beer at a hotel.

Track day in October. I want to see a couple of you guys with meth lay down some ET + I want to lay down some ET myself in that cool fall air. Stanton is probably to far for me, but US131 is only about 4 hours and I would be game for a track day there. Looked at their schedule and lots of test n tune days in October. Already have a grudge day here October 14th but I am open the rest of the month.

4hrs of driving?> thats nothing, come on lets be fair for everyone, im willing to come from ny to meet and chill with all of us and make it a full fun day, park,bbq,track,drink etc. and def i would say a hotel/bar for most of us who have to travel, but im willing to travel but nothing crazy,

4hrs of driving?> thats nothing' date=' come on lets be fair for everyone, im willing to come from ny to meet and chill with all of us and make it a full fun day, park,bbq,track,drink etc. and def i would say a hotel/bar for most of us who have to travel, but im willing to travel but nothing crazy,[/quote']

Are you looking at everything on the same day? We could I guess.. Looking at the tracks the one if Stanton has all tests on Sunday, I for one would have to drive back so yes it would be a long day as Monday is the only day I cant take off. US131 doesnt look like it has much weekend testing until October then it is every Saturday.

I am up for anything if we can get agreement.

Archived