Ecoboost Owner Forums

Midwest meet & greet

Paulford8

I'm about 15 hours away from Lansing, MI, but I'd consider it if enough people were lined up to go. Would probably cancel my plans for Kool Deadwood Nites/Mustang Rally if i were to do it though so it depends how legit this ends up being. If i did make the trip I would probably get scheduled to have meth injection/new tunes/exhuast/springs installed at Livernois while i was in the area.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested. Just monitoring the convo to see what dates are solidified.

I think a 2 day type of thing is a great idea personally.

Drive in early afternoon, hook up for a few, head out for dinner, few after dinner drinks in a pkg lot or w/e, then do a lil track'n the next day and return back home after that....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

i totally agree with mike and whoever else says a 2 day thing, it would be a 2 day event where we would have plenty of time and im if you guys can provide and list a location/address so i can see on how far the trip is, and maybe get some work done also with rick@lms, also after a longggggggggg drive and im sure a fun filled day of eating,bbq,drinking,drinking,eating,drinking a hotel night is a most def thing where we can maybe all go to and if theres a bar there or a local spot that mike or someone in whatever area we go to can look around who knows the area and make notice and reserve maybe some rooms or spots to chill at, but 2 days i say is a def. if not maybe 3 if u guys know a hotel that is close by or recommended as its the best SAFEST thing to do also for rest for a longggggggg drive for me and im sure most of us and of course since we'll be drinking lol, so lets just make a date already, i would say at least a month notice so lets start out saying late august to early september, but lets just post or if u can mike send a email to the whole forum to see whos interested and maybe vote on a date of choice if u choose 2 dates, last week in august sounds great id say, also gives plenty of time for all of us to make arrangements with work,family and can call up a local hotel to book rooms so were all ready, then decide maybe during day a bbq, or etc. just if you can provide a address of somewhat so i can see how long of a drive,(probably 15-20 hrs ride im guessing,) but lets get it on !!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait !!!

OK Still like the original museum idea so about this. Park and have lunch at the museum / hang out September 8th. Stanton Dragway Setember 9th for those that want to stay and race. Somebody up there would be better to recommend a hotel with a restaurant and bar.

I didnt want to suggest driving to Stanton as it is further north in MI but Sept 9th is the only Sunday test I see, and one of the only weekend test n tunes until October. If you guys want to push until October there are a bunch of test dates. Sound off and we will get this ironed out so people can make plans!

i prefer not to wait till october and the test runs are only early sept. your saying? to me thats ok, but still def wanna do a 2 day meet up and get up and i dont really mind if we cant go to the track or not, would be nice and great but if alot of people cant go that weekend and can only go late august(just saying and using as an example) thats fine with me also, just need a LEADER mike or someone to take CHARGE of this to make arrangements or suggestions and narrow it down now to 2 defferent dates or 2 different ideas/places and lets decide by voting on it or whatever but im in and wanna just get it settled so i know where and when im going, also if someone can give a address of somewhat of this meet so i can look it up and see how far it is from me, thanks

CANT WAIT !!

Several guys liked the idea of parking at the Gilmore Car Museum including me so I through that out as the day 1 meet, park, and have lunch. Then if guys want to hang and race that is the September 9th at Stanton.

If a few more guys sound off on those dates I will try to finalize. After we get all of the details ironed out I can type out an itinerary probably in a new thread so guys dont have to search for it. Here is what we need.

Will September 8 + 9 work for everybody?

You guys coming from far away what is a doable meet time at the Gilmore Auto Museum Saturday? I was going to suggest 11-11:30am

Somebody from Michigan throw out a hotel in the area that either has someplace for dinner inside or in the same general area.

FYI no obligation if somebody can only do 1 day of this that is great!

I will ask when I am there Saturday. As I recall, it was a very low number, like 3, seriously. Parking is plentiful, so even if they don't set aside space I guarranty we will all be able to be together - I will also mnake sure nothing else big is going on that weekend there.

Todd

Couple of things.....

I see dates are being chosen, which is cool :thumb:

I am burning up my last week's worth of vacation right now with family, and won't be back home / work 'til next week..... I'll check my availability and re-post then.

Since I burned up a lot of personal/sick time for my shoulder surgery this past Spring, along with burning up my vacation time for this year with the Nat'l Convention and what not, I am really hoping that I am not scheduled to work. If I am, I highly doubt I'll be able to secure time off. But let's cross that bridge after I return home.

In the interim, it seems silly to me to drive all the way out to Stanton to drag race, when US131 is much closer to the museum facility that y'all are talking about.

I would suggest relocating the drag strip / track portion of the meet to US131 instead. Just my .02 on it :noidea:

I haven't seen any links posted as of yet, to any of these facilities, therefore, in the interest of helping everyone out..... please check below for that information:

Link To Museum Facility:

http://gilmorecarmuseum.org/

There are a few hotels relatively near the museum, those being:

Radisson Plaza Hotel------> https://plus.google.com/110341436598855103738/about?gl=us&hl=en#110341436598855103738/about

Comfort Inn------> https://plus.google.com/107154510500108113657/about?gl=us&hl=en#107154510500108113657/about

Link To US131 Strip:

http://www.us131msp.com/

There are a few hotels relatively near the strip, those being:

Comfort Inn------> https://plus.google.com/104784668999034182375/about?gl=us&hl=en#104784668999034182375/about

Bay Pointe Inn------> https://plus.google.com/109454585167758197204/about?gl=us&hl=en#109454585167758197204/about

If members are insistent on Stanton for Drag Stripping, well, that link can be found below:

http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/

I suppose some of this may be contigent on what's available as far as track time goes and with the museum, I wonder if there are group discounts on the admissions? Someone please inquire about those price points and how many people are required in order to gain whatever tier of pricing, etc.

Hopefully, this info is of some help to those of you consider what to do , where, when, etc......

Happy decision making :yo:

I was really hoping I could make this, it would be a great getaway for me, but since we have our annual Sunken Treasure Scuba Center Treasure Hunt and Beach Party on Sept. 9th, I wouldn't be able to make it since I am a staff member and will be needed at our event.

Couple of things.....

I see dates are being chosen, which is cool :thumb:

I would suggest relocating the drag strip / track portion of the meet to US131 instead. Just my .02 on it :noidea:

I haven't seen any links posted as of yet, to any of these facilities, therefore, in the interest of helping everyone out..... please check below for that information:

I agree on US 131 as it is closer to me also and closer to the Museum. I only said Stanton because their schedule said they have a T&T September 9th. I just emailed US131 about Sepember 9th. Their schedule says something like "March of dimes ride for babies" so I asked the obvious question, what is it and will there be T&T?

I will post any details I get from them.

just whatever everyone agrees on and decides to do im in, i just hope that people can answer,reply speak up and we can get this meet going already, cause id hate to drive 13-14 hours for a couple of people or possibly no one showing, id be pissed, but im ready and wanna do this meet guys :)

just whatever everyone agrees on and decides to do im in' date=' i just hope that people can answer,reply speak up and we can get this meet going already, cause id hate to drive 13-14 hours for a couple of people or possibly no one showing, id be pissed, but im ready and wanna do this meet guys :)[/quote']

Based on the replies, PMs and emails I think we can have a pretty good turn out. I want to wait for Mike to check his calendar Monday, then I will post a summary in a new thread. From there we can see how many people sound off as attending.

Yeah buddy your driving a long way. Hell I could almost be at Disney world in 14 hours!

I just called Gilmore.

There are no other events planned for 9/8/12. 9/9/12 there is a Muscle Car Show.

If we have 12 or more cars, then I can reserve a designated area to park and we get reduced admissions. Even without 12, trust me, we will all be able to be together in one area and park together on the lawn. Trust me on this.

i would still hope and have people commit and meet up at least 12, i was thinking more and hoping more cause like i said id just hate n b pissed to drive 13-14 hours for no one or 2 people to show, but im in as long as we have a bunch of us which seems to be like we do hav alot that are interested in going, sounds great !!

Got home early today...... but NOT because I wanted to.....

Please read the details here-------> http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?831-Discovered-I-Became-A-Crime-Victim

Long story short, I was able to check my calendar TODAY (after returning home) and it appears that I am slated off that weekend from work, so my attendance at this meet and greet should be solid, assuming that is, the dates are still being finalized as being the weekend of September 7th, 8th, and 9th.

i would still hope and have people commit and meet up at least 12' date=' i was thinking more and hoping more cause like i said id just hate n b pissed to drive 13-14 hours for no one or 2 people to show, but im in as long as we have a bunch of us which seems to be like we do hav alot that are interested in going, sounds great !![/quote']

I am with you on the max number of cars but I think we will be lucky to get 12+. I hope we do but if I guessed now it would be 6-10 range. We will see who all chimes in on the final details.

Got home early today...... but NOT because I wanted to.....

Please read the details here-------> http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?831-Discovered-I-Became-A-Crime-Victim

Long story short, I was able to check my calendar TODAY (after returning home) and it appears that I am slated off that weekend from work, so my attendance at this meet and greet should be solid, assuming that is, the dates are still being finalized as being the weekend of September 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Read it and that sucks major. Glad your free though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived