Ecoboost Owner Forums

GoPro Hero2 Motorsport, need help please

steve142857

Hey guys!

So, who didn't like Scrming videos? The quality is amazing! I have filmed a few runs myself and not only the quality is not as good, but also, it is not as safe to film while driving right? So, I was looking around shops and on the internet and found this on Amazon Canada. It seems a pretty good deal to me, instead of the usual 349+tax. What do you guys think? I would start with buying just one and probably buy another one after to do the same films as our fellow member Scrming. John thinks about buying a third one so that he can film on either lane... I am not at that point... Actually, I could put one on each side and just orient them backward and make sure to win the races! lol

So, please let me know if I should pull the trigger on this deal.

Thanks a bunch!

http://www.amazon.ca/GoPro-HERO2-Motorsports-Edition-CHDMH002/dp/B005WY3TMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AUXNO2N1UB8EA&s=generic&qid=1342232168&sr=1-1

You could buy Just the GP Hero 2, and buy a suction cup mount. It comes with a ton of stick on mounts, not that you want to stick them on your car though. I have about 50 Gigs of video filmed with my GoPro so far. Most of them are snorkling videos in Tahiti and of of drives to Vegas. I wish i knew how to do video editing so I could add music. If u have any questions about GoPro, feel free to ask. Also, buy some type of tether for the mount. I know there is a couple YouTube videos of the cam falling of cars while filming. I actually put my suction cup mount on the metal part of the dash that covers the passenger side airbag.

Looks like a good deal to me Steve its $271.40 here the states on amazon.

Dang! Went to buy it with a memory card and the seller didn't have the camera in stock anymore... Second best deal was 280$... not the same deal... Still reasonable. I mainly wanted to make sure it was the same camera that Scrming is using... Thanks!

I got mine from a Motorcycle suppler (think it was Eastern Cycles) for less' date=' but can't remember just how much... Mine is a basic GoPro Hero, not a 2 or anything....Purchased about a year ago.[/quote']

Bob, I don't recall you having filmed one of your runs... many of us would like it I'm sure...

You could buy Just the GP Hero 2' date=' and buy a suction cup mount. It comes with a ton of stick on mounts, not that you want to stick them on your car though. I have about 50 Gigs of video filmed with my GoPro so far. Most of them are snorkling videos in Tahiti and of of drives to Vegas. I wish i knew how to do video editing so I could add music. If u have any questions about GoPro, feel free to ask. Also, buy some type of tether for the mount. I know there is a couple YouTube videos of the cam falling of cars while filming. I actually put my suction cup mount on the metal part of the dash that covers the passenger side airbag.[/quote']

Thanks for the idea, if I can save like that, I might buy 2 at the same time... I'd also like to see the difference between the older and the newer version of GoPro... Filming runs will be its only use, so maybe the quality of the older version is good enough... If I could get both for 300$ that'd be good!

Thanks for the idea' date=' if I can save like that, I might buy 2 at the same time... I'd also like to see the difference between the older and the newer version of GoPro... Filming runs will be its only use, so maybe the quality of the older version is good enough... If I could get both for 300$ that'd be good![/quote']

I think the sensor is twice as big, It uses a different circuit board, you get better battery life, and you have more options on the field of views. they both record and look good though. if you bought two of them, you could buy the 3D housing, run both at the same time, and we could watch your videos in 3D.

You could buy Just the GP Hero 2' date=' and buy a suction cup mount. It comes with a ton of stick on mounts, not that you want to stick them on your car though. I have about 50 Gigs of video filmed with my GoPro so far. Most of them are snorkling videos in Tahiti and of of drives to Vegas. I wish i knew how to do video editing so I could add music. If u have any questions about GoPro, feel free to ask. Also, buy some type of tether for the mount. I know there is a couple YouTube videos of the cam falling of cars while filming. I actually put my suction cup mount on the metal part of the dash that covers the passenger side airbag.[/quote']

Check out Adobe Premiere. Reasonably priced and pretty easy to use! Lots of good how to videos on Youtube... You can download a free trial version to test it out... videos made with the trial version will have have a water mark on them though... I also use Adobe Elements for photos and buy Premiere and Elements in the bundle...

Thanks for the idea' date=' if I can save like that, I might buy 2 at the same time... I'd also like to see the difference between the older and the newer version of GoPro... Filming runs will be its only use, so maybe the quality of the older version is good enough... If I could get both for 300$ that'd be good![/quote']

Go back and rewatch the Milan video, but make sure you switch it to 720p. Pay close attention, even pause it, and check the difference from the forward facing camera and the rear facing camera. Especially on first pass... Here's that video again:

[video=youtube;fiA7X1MAuYU]

Bob' date=' I don't recall you having filmed one of your runs... many of us would like it I'm sure...[/quote']

I haven't filmed with it at strip... always forgot it! Haven't used it much but will, if I ever get back to the strip. Haven't been since Jan. Weather in both FL and IA has been too damn hot.

Taking it to SHO Conv. and Mike and I will become professional camera men!!!

I haven't filmed with it at strip... always forgot it! Haven't used it much but will, if I ever get back to the strip. Haven't been since Jan. Weather in both FL and IA has been too damn hot.

Taking it to SHO Conv. and Mike and I will become professional camera men!!!

Perhaps to Hot for Personal Bests... HOWEVER, it's not to HOT for collecting HARDWARE!!!

Won my 3rd trophy today!!

trophy.jpg

I just picked up the rear led screen attachment for my hero 2. It's strange that such a great camera has no sight picture window. I got tired of guesstimating where i was aiming. Hopefully I should have some cool videos from mustang week by next weekend.

I hear you on the rear LCD!! Just make sure you don't leave the LCD on! It chews the battery pretty quick!! Looking forward to seeing your videos! Just got home from the track... time to start editing! Was a big event at the local track so lots of fasts cars!!!

Perhaps to Hot for Personal Bests... HOWEVER, it's not to HOT for collecting HARDWARE!!!

Won my 3rd trophy today!!

trophy.jpg

I'm getting sick of all those trophies you're getting.... LOL (not sick of the stories... Love them!) Rumor has it that you will soon have to run with all your trophies in the back, as a weight penalty. Should keep me with a couple tenths advantage!!! Hoping to be able to run at Brainerd... and I... DON'T... CARE.... WHICH.... CAR... Just need some Stripping time!!!!!

Archived