Ecoboost Owner Forums

Seat Memory/Steering Memory Issue?

Has anyone else experienced driver seat memory issues? Mine will return my drivers seat and steering wheel to its programmed location about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it will be slightly off, just enough for me to notice because I have to readjust my rear view mirror. At first I thought it was my wife moving the mirror, but have since realized it is the "easy entry" mode that is causing this trouble. Sometimes if I hit the seat position memory button it will then return to where it should be, but even that doesn't work about 25% of the time.

I'm just about to disable the easy entry feature but was hoping someone may have a fix for this or at least some ideas.

Oh, I am in a 2013 by the way...

Thanks!!!

Are you using the same fob all the time, because if you are using different fobs, it could change the setting. I would first try resetting the memory seat to your preferences and then set the fob to those settings. Remember the fob must be set along with the seat settings.

As mentioned, if you fob is programmed to memory location 2, and you have the seat, side mirrors, and pedals programmed for memory position 1, your seat will relocate to position 2 when you use your fob to unlock the car.

As for disabling the easy entry, I did that shortly after purchasing my car after reading about all the issues with the side airbag wiring issues on the Lincoln LS due to the constant movement from easy entry. I'm not saying the Taurus will suffer similar fate, but repeated movement on copper wires and connections will cause fatigue over time.

-Rod

Are you using the same fob all the time' date=' because if you are using different fobs, it could change the setting. I would first try resetting the memory seat to your preferences and then set the fob to those settings. Remember the fob must be set along with the seat settings.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up mjh! I was wondering how the car knows which fob is #1 and #2! I pulled out the owners manual and officially paired my fob with seat memory #1. Hopefully this fixes it...But I worry because I even set memory #1 and #2 to be the exact same so it wasn't an issue a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem to help. Its like the seat memory just isn't very accurate, sometimes its spot on and sometimes its a couple clicks off...Fingers crossed!

SHO Rod, I know what you mean about the wire trouble, I had a Grand Cherokee years ago that I had to disable the easy entry because it eventually caused the side mirrors to go haywire when they started to short out. Hopefully if I have this trouble on the SHO it will be during my 7 year extended warranty period!

Archived