Ecoboost Owner Forums

Fuel Prices

mjhpadi

Just wondering if it is our area or has anyone else noticed that fuel is going up rather quickly since the beginning of July? Regular gas was $3.16 at the beginning of the month and now it is $3.50! A fairly large increase of .34 cents in less then 3 weeks! Premium was as low a $3.34 is now at $3.85. Wondering if it is just our area or if it is happening throughout the country?

Ours here have gone up about $0.18 in the last month to $3.34 for mid-grade (89 octane). I about pooped my pants this weekend when I went to fill up in Chicago at $3.79 for the low (87 octane) grade, was glade we were in the Expedition and not the octane hungry SHO (91 octane was over $4.00). The prices there make me glad I moved away.....

You guys should not even complain! Here in Quebec, after the Government has taken about half my paycheck and after having paid 15% of sale taxes on about everything... I need to fuel my car at 1.52$ per liter (Octane 94 otherwise 1.38 for octane 87)... That translates to 5.75$ for 94 or 5.22$ for 87... Cdn $ is about par level with greenback! Ouch! I noticed that they tend to raise gas prices before big Holidays or period of vacations. Now, all construction has last two weeks of July off, so gas prices went up naturally! (... and I need to buy Methanol on top of that lol!).

• 3 weeks later...

Not to bring up a bad subject, but I'm really having trouble understanding fuel pricing these days. Our 87 octane has now increased to $3.62 a gallon from a low of $3.15 in June, but 93 has only went up from a low of 3.45 to 3.72. Not sure why the lower octane has increases 47 cents per gallon and premium only 27 cents per gallon. It would seem to me that premium would be a more expensive product...could it be because the lower octane sells better and therefore is a much better income producer?

Not to bring up a bad subject' date=' but I'm really having trouble understanding fuel pricing these days. Our 87 octane has now increased to $3.62 a gallon from a low of $3.15 in June, but 93 has only went up from a low of 3.45 to 3.72. Not sure why the lower octane has increases 47 cents per gallon and premium only 27 cents per gallon. It would seem to me that premium would be a more expensive product...could it be because the lower octane sells better and therefore is a much better income producer?[/quote']

Comes to the same, but I wuld see it more the opposite : 93 has less demand, so they need tokeep prices lower not to get stock with it. The lower the prices are, people don't mind paying the extra cents to get better octane, but to the extreme, if prices were to be 5$ a gallon for 93 octane, there is a lot of chances that you'd go back to regular octane and switch bak to stage 3...

But as I said, you guys in the South can't complain too much... I just fueled my car with 94 octane at 5.91$ per gallon! ouch! Our 87 octane is 5.37$!!!

Supposedly Enbridge Energy had another pipeline 'event' which leaked several thousands of gallons of natural crude somewhere in WI.

The Feds have ordered Enbridge to NOT reopen that pipeline until a complete review / inspection has been performed on like the entire system.

Allegedly, as a result of the pipeline shutdown, there is a purported fuel shortage. I don't believe that, but who am I?

In the interim, prices have spiked in the general Midwestern area....

For example, low grade (87) has typically been around the $4.15 mark in the Chi-Town area.

Premium (93) is in the upper $4.30 ranges per gallon.

Actually, the prices have come down in the last day or two to those prices quoted above.

Last week the Premium was running in the $4.50 range.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'm continually intrigued by fuel prices....how the rise and fall. We recently got fuel oil for our furnace it was $495.00 for 150 gallons. What really is of concern is how will people on a fixed income afford to heat their homes this winter. That kind of pricing has really got to hurt those older people who usually aren't comfortable at 68 or lower temps. I also find it a "HHhhuuummmm" that none of the major news outlets seem to have noticed this increase in fuel prices. Not making any political statements, just find it interesting that it doesn't seem to be news worthy at this point.

Refinery fire in San Francisco, CA. today at a Chevron Facility is slated to now increase prices on the West Coast.

They just got the fire out today, but Investigators haven't been able to get in there to conduct an inspection.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I guess I spoke too soon. Just got fuel today and 93 in Williamsport is $4.03 and on my way back to Lewisburg I saw a low of $3.90 to a high of $3.98....so up the prices continue to climb. Any yet no mention of it on the major news outlets....hmmmmm!

I just read in USA Today (today) that 2012 gas prices prices in Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois are the highest in the Country, 17% higher than the national average. I did not have time to read "why".......I was at the gym and needed to get moving. LOL.

Archived