Ecoboost Owner Forums

2012 SHO Convention Pictures / Videos

bpd1151

I also was awarded with the following two plaques for my SHO.....

2012NatlSHOPresidentsChoiceAward.jpg

2012NatlSHOGoldAward.jpg

Additionally, I also went undefeated at the drag strip.

I was a lil worried about EcoBrickBob's modded G8, and another G8 owned by a member of a different forums community. Not to mention the CTS-V. There was also a new 2013 Mustang Boss 302.

There were a few of the older generation SHO's which were completely gutted out, and all set up for racing. They hung in there.

Track wasn't really prepped well, if at all, from what i understand. So traction issues prevailed for those rear wheel drive owners.

After no one wanted to line up against me anymore (and I whined about it) Mr. Kirk Doucette, owner of NESHO, threw in a few offers to run, but with me giving him varying car lengths / head starts.

Race 1, evenly set, launched simultaneously, I won.

Race 2, Kirk given 1 car at line up, then I gave him another car after he launched, Kirk won.

Race 3, Kirk given 1 car and we launched at the same time, although I closed the gap, Kirk won.

Race 4, Kirk given 1/2 car length, I closed it and passed him, i won.

So car for car, my record was unblemished. Thanks to Kirk for making those suggestions, I had a blast, and considering he doesn't have Meth, Kirk's SHO is pretty damn quick.

My G8 just went up in smoke with street tires and an unprepped track. I finally got it to sorta hook up by doing 2 burnouts with T/C off, and then turning it back on for the run. Even then my Stability control was flashing all the way thru most of 3rd. Earlier, I went about 3/8 mi to go 1/4 mi as I was sideways thru 2nd! Beat the Boss Mustang every time, lost to Mike both times, and lost to the CTS-V once. Beat Tim's stock G8 GXP every time. Think if we had decent conditions, and I had my DR's on, Mike & I would be pretty equal. His SHO was killing anything without methanol. And Kirk's SHO, runs a 3 bar sensor, high octane gas and is getting 18 PSI boosting out of his personal tune. I never did get to run him.

Really suggest to all that you would have an unbelievable time if you chose to attend the next convention in Colorado. I certainly plan on attending.

great job mike !! and great job guys on all the info and pics provided, this just makes me really hopeful that we can have a nuetral meet up for us guys soon, i would love to meet u all and talk and have a good job, and i guess mike u got him back for the tampax joke huh !!! lol

Thanks! Did you hear me lighting them tires up and chirp'n 'em thru 3rd?

Cool beans man, cool beans for sure :thumb:

Cool! I would be so frustrated not to have AWD... Worth less to have power if not AWD, only good after 60mph... Too late, we're way in front... As for the chirping... hmmm, I would think it's the CTS-V... If not, change your tires Mike!

Few more kills for my modded SHO.....

In this video below, I'm lined up against a stock Gen4 SHO, begins at about 2:09 minutes.....

th_1stVideo.jpg

About 25 seconds into this video, I'm lined up against a 2013 Mustang Boss 302, another walk in the park.....

th_3rdVideo.jpg

Starting around 1:08 in the video below, I lined up against Kirk Doucette for the 1st time, another win for my SHO.....

th_4thVideo.jpg

Another video of the 2009 CTS-V beginning at about 2:09.... check off another win here....

th_6thVideo.jpg

At the start of this video, 0:00.... my run against EcoBrickBob.....

th_8thVideo.jpg

40 seconds into this one, lined up against an older SHO, stripped, roll cage, track use only.....

th_9thVideo.jpg

At 5:01 into this video, another run against the infamous EcoBrickBob and his modded G8.....

th_9thVideo.jpg

36 seconds into this one, I lined up against "Team Tampax" and their modded, stripped out, track use only older SHO....

th_10thVideo.jpg

Right at the beginning of this video, chalk up another win against a stock 300c that was given a 1 car length line up....

th_11thVideo.jpg

3:10 into this one, lined up against Kirk Doucette for race #2, gave him 1 full car, PLUS the launch..... Kirk took this one

Same video, 6:33 into it, race #3 against Kirk, 1 full car, but we launched simultaneously... I closed the gap, brought it to 1/2 car at the end, Kirk eeked it out though....

th_13thVideo.jpg

Race # 4 against Kirk, at about 1:04 into this video, Kirk was given a 1/2 car, we launched simultaneously, and I took the win....

th_14thVideo.jpg

Cool Mike, thanks for posting! To resume it all : Mike got him! again! lol

Interesting to see how just 1/2 car lenght seems to make a difference... (I had that debate on youtube in my video againt modded Camaro SS when I launched 0.3 sec or half a car after the guy and at the end, he has 3 car lenghts... but still I had the best ET). So, if you start late, at the beginning of the race it doens't seem a lot... 1 car lenght at the start is about 0.5 seconds, but at teh other end, 0.5 seconds at 100+mph is maybe 7 cars! There is also a big difference if you give 1 car lenght advance but launch at the same time versus start after your opponent is one car in front of you, because in the second scenario, not only do you need to catch up one car, but also you need to reach his speed before you start catching him which could result in 5-6 car lenghts... So, my guess is that for every tenth of second at the end, one can give about 1 car lenght with simultaneous launches... that would make close races... but then again, both needs to start at the same same time, no sleeping on the switch allowed!

Good kiils Mike and thanks again for posting them up!

Cheers!

Cool Mike, thanks for posting! To resume it all : Mike got him! again! lol

Interesting to see how just 1/2 car lenght seems to make a difference... (I had that debate on youtube in my video againt modded Camaro SS when I launched 0.3 sec or half a car after the guy and at the end, he has 3 car lenghts... but still I had the best ET). So, if you start late, at the beginning of the race it doens't seem a lot... 1 car lenght at the start is about 0.5 seconds, but at teh other end, 0.5 seconds at 100+mph is maybe 7 cars! There is also a big difference if you give 1 car lenght advance but launch at the same time versus start after your opponent is one car in front of you, because in the second scenario, not only do you need to catch up one car, but also you need to reach his speed before you start catching him which could result in 5-6 car lenghts... So, my guess is that for every tenth of second at the end, one can give about 1 car lenght with simultaneous launches... that would make close races... but then again, both needs to start at the same same time, no sleeping on the switch allowed!

Good kiils Mike and thanks again for posting them up!

Cheers!

Here is what .03 second looks like at the stripe! ;)

Milan.jpg

Archived