Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Tuning

4+ has a little more performance and (less or)no? torque management -- contact Rick of LMS

C.

Stage 4 appears to have no torque management. From the Livernois site:

- Stage 4 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter

Stage 4+ has the increased performance of 4 but also has torque management... Makes it very drivable for the Mrs! LOL

Stage 4 appears to have no torque management. From the Livernois site:

- Stage 4 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter

Stage 4+ has the increased performance of 4 but also has torque management... Makes it very drivable for the Mrs! LOL

Thanks John -- yes the Livernois site would be the best reference. (especially over my failing memory:RpS_unsure:)

Cheers,

C.

Can someone explain the difference between LMS stage 4 and 4+? Also, how do you get 4+ if you've already purchased the sct and stages 2-4?

Thanks!

The 4 and 4+ are similar, but the 4+ holds boost all the way across the RPM band whereas the factory tune and other stages we offer fall off up top. The 4+ also has torque management and the 4 does not.

PM me your info, and I can send you the tune.

Thank you,

Rick

A side note.......

Did anyone happen to notice the caption that Scrming has placed under his user name? :confused:

Now that's pretty damn funny. :nod:

LOL! A good friend of mine from the Mustang world came up with that... Even though I haven't had a Mustang in a number of years, I still go to an annual track rental... so when he put me down on the list of attendees he listed as:

John - Scrming - V6 - The Red Brick of Vengeance!

I got a kick out of it and decided it made the perfect custom title! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

hi Ecobrick:) (that funny LOL!!!!) I am a real ford man so I like the Flex. My every day is a freestar 05 ,2011 Kona blu is my 2nd SHO had a 93 green one 1st. Q1. do all the ecoboot Flex have the AWD? Q2. do they have 6f50 or 6f55 tranmission in them? Q3 can you tell a booty Flex by writing on the outside?

All EB 3.5 engined cars (not F-150) have AWD and have EcoBoost logos on the right rear trunk/hatch Believe both have the 6f55 tranny. Drivetrain in SHO & Flex/MKT is identical. Flex has 3.16 Axle ratio, like PP SHO. EB Flex has less cooling issues as it is set up by Ford to tow up to 4,500 lbs. Also has 255 tires vs 245. Weighs about 400 lbs more and certainly has a larger frontal area, though is fairly aerodynamic for it's profile. EB Flex for 2010-2012 have dual exhaust tips, one one each side, vs non-turbo flex which has a double tip on drivers siide. For 2013, all Flex have separated tips like my 2010 Flex.

• 1 month later...
I have a K&N typhoon cold air intake' date=' magnaflow exhaust and eibach springs, will the tune for my car be any different from y'alls with a corsa exhaust and the air raid intake?[/quote']

The tune is by far the biggest bang for the buck. Exhaust and CAI gains are minimal on the dyno, but every little bit helps. We've never tested the K&N, but have tried several exhaust systems and they are all close.

-Rick

Rick is absolutely right... Only said what I did, because what you have on your car always makes it faster than what someone else has when you're talking trash! Actually on this site... honesty seems to prevail, as Scrming said that the AirAid didn't do much, and Darreli said the same of the Corsa. Biggest benefit of both is sound fluff and visual fluff! But a TUNE... that's real....

Torrie is awfully good at Customer Support too... I got a response from him at 10 pm last nite (Sunday).

Word. We're fortunate to have some really good support from some great vendors around here. And the Ecoboost is a growing platform.

Torrie is awfully good at Customer Support too... I got a response from him at 10 pm last nite (Sunday).

Word. We're fortunate to have some really good support from some great vendors around here. And the Ecoboost is a growing platform.

Yes EBB, you are correct, Torrie / Unleashed Tuning is also great vendor.

Mdog I 2nd your comment that collectively, we have a great bunch of vendors here on EB Forums. No member here can go wrong by purchasing after market product from any of them. :thumb:

We are blessed indeed :amen:

Archived