Ecoboost Owner Forums

12sec. or BUST

I usually weight 4490 to 4550lbs depending on fuel reserve and if I took time to empty the car or not (spare is always out during summer). But yesterday I lifted the bag that I always keep in the trunk (even during drag racing)... it has an extinguisher, the SCT tuner device, a bottle of quick detailer, two microfiber clothes and my new gopros hero 2 (2 cameras) with all their wires an adaptors... plus the bag itself (bag for gym)... ouch! I am sure that it weights close to 20lbs! So, next time I go racing, that bag will stay with the person I will be with... Every 10lbs is about .01sec. When someone has a goal in mind (1's or 12's, every ponud matters).

I fill my car with Helium... Makes me react much faster plus it lowers Brick Weight by around 227 lbs!!!!!!! May use Hydrogen next time as it should lower weight by another 10-20 lbs and give me a real "bang" at the start!!!!!

Stick with helium, it will really make people wonder when you roll down the window and say "Hi, how ya doing?"

I fill my car with Helium... Makes me react much faster plus it lowers Brick Weight by around 227 lbs!!!!!!! May use Hydrogen next time as it should lower weight by another 10-20 lbs and give me a real "bang" at the start!!!!!

HA Bob put all that cargo space to use put a 100 Helium balloons in the back and you'll at less 1000lb lighter

I need to get on here more often. Just ran the car last weekend and did a 13.33 @ 103.6 or so. 85 deg and 90% humidity in Jacksonville, NC. My car was definitely the favorite of the night and the only 2 guys to beat me was an '04 Cobra running low 11's and my buddy's '12 Stage 2 Shinoda Boss.

My car's only got a Magnaflow catback and LMS Stage 4...I guess I need to ask about the Stage 4+...hmm

Ha Night Hawk the tracks will be closed before the temp get down to that have. There will be a boost showdown (turbo or supercharger only) the last weekend the track's open (11-9-12). This will be bracket racing this will be great for the SHO. The AWD will give me the jump at the line and anybody in my time class will either bust his bracket trying to catch me or stay in his bracket and lose because I'll get to the finish line 1st. :car:WAY TO GO SHO :heh: The temp may be down to 70 or 75 deg by then. I will make 12's sec. or bust. LOL

Ha Night Hawk the tracks will be closed before the temp get down to that have. There will be a boost showdown (turbo or supercharger only) the last weekend the track's open (11-9-12). This will be bracket racing this will be great for the SHO. The AWD will give me the jump at the line and anybody in my time class will either bust his bracket trying to catch me or stay in his bracket and lose because I'll get to the finish line 1st. :car:WAY TO GO SHO :heh: The temp may be down to 70 or 75 deg by then. I will make 12's sec. or bust. LOL

The track I frequent in NH (New England Dragway) closes at the end of October. I'll have a few shots at very chilly upper 30s low 40s before the end of this season to score my 2012 12 second slip. I can only hope with the exhaust I will be there...

The track I frequent in NH (New England Dragway) closes at the end of October. I'll have a few shots at very chilly upper 30s low 40s before the end of this season to score my 2012 12 second slip. I can only hope with the exhaust I will be there...

Well, you could always come down and run at Atco on Black Friday! Looks like only 7 hours from New England Dragway! I've done the Black Friday event at Atco for the last 2 years... it's been a great time! (12 hour drive for me)

Well' date=' you could always come down and run at Atco on Black Friday! Looks like only 7 hours from New England Dragway! I've done the Black Friday event at Atco for the last 2 years... it's been a great time! (12 hour drive for me)[/quote']

Where is Atco,and when is Black Friday? The OLD LADY loves road trips, sounds like a good reason for the three of us to meet and one LITTLE RED WAGON & 2 GRANDPAP 4 DOORs kick some 12sec BUTTs.:car::bolt::tea:

Where is Atco' date='and when is Black Friday? The OLD LADY loves road trips, sounds like a good reason for the three of us to meet and one LITTLE RED WAGON & 2 GRANDPAP 4 DOORs kick some 12sec BUTTs.:car::bolt::tea:[/quote']

Atco, NJ:

http://www.atcoraceway.com/

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Ran the Flex there last year... shocked a lot of folks, including the announcer, who commented, "Somebody go down and check that think... it appears to be breaking the laws of physics!" LOL

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds pretty good!

Sorry I haven't got back to this thread but I HAD TO GET READY FOR DRAGONCON.

If you can out run My bull,You can't out run My missiles. DragonCon 2012 Parade-16

This my revsion of MIB III. I was in the DragonCon parade Here in ATLANTA Labor day weekend. GO TO 3:00 MINS into this video to see MIBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQ7D8J05-A

• 1 month later...
12 second slip or bust this Saturday the 13th at New England drag way' date=' I have the NESHO mid pipe/exhaust now, really looking forward to it!![/quote']

Very tempting... 4.5 hours drive from Montreal... 12 sec slip or bust? What if I get my first 11 sec slip? Lol

I will start to be nice with my wife... We'll see if it is feasable...

Cheers!

good luck!! Hoping you have great air and a tail wind!

Done!! Now for 12.50s next year lol

Hawk, Steve and Scrming are "BAD INFLUENCE,SPEED-DEMON,SPEED-JUNKIE" Anything to go faster that where they are at. I couldn't make the trip up there because we are taken a "BIG BOAT" TRIP this mounth. But next mounth (NOV 9) it's 12sec or BUST!!!!! PS Hawk What is "Nesho" exhaust?

Thanks for the support everyone, the NESHO exhaust is made by Kirk at New England SHO which is in massachusetts. It is a good feeling. I think the down pipes, 170 thermo, tranny and oil coolers will be my limit with the tune upgrade should put me at the 12.50s which is my goal. I plan on replacing the shocks and springs with the pp shocks(If the valving is better) and eibach springs next fall as my car has 66k on it .

Archived