Ecoboost Owner Forums

Difference between MKS and SHO?

I drove 50 miles when I decided to trade my truck in for my SHO. Local dealer had a nice one but it was red, nearby dealer had a silver but they wanted 40K used for it. Drove 50 miles and got a smoken deal on a black one and love it!!!!

That said when I returned to town (back in October) I noticed my local Ford store had a used MKS with ecoboost for the about the same price as I paid (and they still have it). What is the difference? What could they possible add to make it luxury car when it is already loaded? Just curious, if I would have known it was there I would have looked at it.

When I compared the 2 here is what I found: The MKS is roughly 10K more then the SHO for that the MKS offers Lincoln badging, and different rear quarter panels. Interior wise: different shaped shifter, and complete leather seating surfaces and wood grain dash and console, which look more like a Taurus Limited with a tad higher quality. Other then that I really didn't see much difference. I decided to get a SHO just because I liked the exterior lines better then the MKS.

HERE I GO AGAIN... The MKS is for people whose heads are to big to fit in a SHO!!!!!!!! MERREE CHRISTMASSSSS!!!!!!*

*That's why, when I replace my Flex, I am considering a MKT.....:frusty::noidea::faint:

Hadn't heard it before, but I sure as heck will steal and use it! Merry Christmas EBB!!

With a line like that your father-in-law must not have sold too many Lincolns;) Merry Chistmas!!!

He did, but he didn't have to. He was a "Top Hatter" several years. One year he came within 10 cars of selling a new car every day. This didn't include used vehicles or trucks, which he also sold in big numbers.

In 1966, I saw his tax return, as my now wife, got a student loan for college. He made over $46,000. in taxable income..... Guy is now 87. Looked more like Billy Graham, than Billy himself! Women loved him.

And I drove a new Corvette when we were dating. Wasn't his favorite son-in-law at that time!

That was a BAAAD year for me... First.. I got rid of my 66 Vette... had 48,500 mi on it in 18 mo! Then I got a 68 Firebird HO... couldn't get A/C on ram air.... Then picked up a left-over 67' Lime Gold Shelby GT 500 with the 2 4 barrel carbs, in Miami... Got married and immediately a hail storm pretty much wiped out my Firebird. So while it was getting fixed, we got the Shelby Conv. as we were moving to Freeport, GBI... Two Shelby's headed south... Conv shipped to Freeport, and 2 weeks later I got it stuck on beach at low tide. After a couple more vehicles and a business partner of my Dad's who was stealing from the Bahamian business, Wendy and I left for states in the middle of the night. Back at U of IA, we stayed for another college year, and I ended up at Maytag in MKT Research. That year, I cleaned out my fleet, and got a 69' Pontiac 421 Grand Prix, and a 350 Vette in orange... with side pipes.. Of course I had to mod it with Ansons! Too many other stupid move... stories... for tonite's posts... At least all the cars and the 2 of us survived!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marksho

Yep, the MKS has less horsepower, but offers the THX sound system. Also, in 2010, the MKS was NOT available with massaging seats (oddly enough). Other than those items, they are pretty much the same content.

Archived