Ecoboost Owner Forums

'Strategy' location

Ok, so you get the tuner, then you get your strategy code, then you send that in, then you are sent the tunes via email. After that, what happens? Take the laptop into the car? Download from laptop to tuner, then take that into the car? Thanks, I too am getting ready to take the plunge. And, have only used things like Superchips and Diablo Preditor handhelds in the past.

Tss..... you are correct on the necessary steps involved once you receive your tune file via email.

It's really just that simple.

The most common issue new tuners have with these cars is that goofy keyless start button.

Pressing it once quickly, will just simply turn on the ACCESSORY mode only.

When trying to either obtain the strategy code, or upload tunes to your car's PCM from the hand held device, you'll want to PRESS & HOLD the keyless start button, in order to turn everything on, w/o actually starting the vehicle.

When I say PRESS & HOLD, do so w/o depressing the brake pedal (at the same time, which will turn the engine over obviously).

Any other questions fella's, don't be shy, we've all been there and stumbled across any issues and have all helped each other through various processes.

Whether it be the uploading of tunes, or anything else.

Best of luck :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I have done this many times but I am not in front of the tuner so let me try by memory...

Once you receive the tuner, plug it under the steering and select the strategy code option. You will see a vin number and a strategy code... Email those two to Rick at Livernois and he will email you a file... Meanwhile you need to install the SCT programm with the CD on your computer. Then click on the SCT icone that has been created once installed...

Open Rick's email and save the file in your documents.

Go back to the SCT program and select to upload a file and browse it... You can put the name you want... You will have up to 3 tunes beside the stock tune that will automatically be stored in your device when you will first flash your car...

So once you have uploaded your files, you will be able to verify that they are in the device under custom strategy.

Go in your car plug the device under the steering and make sure car is turned off...

Select custom strategy and select the tune you want (stage 4+ is without any doubts the best). It will ask you if you want to modify it, no... So then you'll be ask to turn on accessories but not the car... To do so you press start engine without foot on brakes and hold about 5 seconds until little sound and speed needle starts moving then press the select button on the device...

It will store stock tune and then start downloading the LMS tune... It will take about 5 minutes each and then it will tell you to turn off accessories.

Unplug device and start your car... First start takes 3 seconds, then the nest times it starts quickier...

Enjoy the beast!!!

Hey, thanks for all the information. I really appreciate it. So, as I understand it everything is actually downloaded to the device, so the device is the only thing that you need to actually to ever take into the car?

Final question, I live relatively close to Livernois, I don't have any other performance mods, is there anything advantage to me actually going there and having them do the install?

Hey, thanks for all the information. I really appreciate it. So, as I understand it everything is actually downloaded to the device, so the device is the only thing that you need to actually to ever take into the car?

Final question, I live relatively close to Livernois, I don't have any other performance mods, is there anything advantage to me actually going there and having them do the install?

Correct! Once you load the tunes onto the tuner all you need in the car is the actual tuner...

I'm fixing to pick up a Livernois tune soon and if I understand correctly' date=' once I get the SCT, I am to call/email a strategy code to receive my programming. Is this a number on a sticker located on or near the PCM?[/quote']

What year sho? 10-12 the tuner will fetch a strategy code. 2013 you have to get of the sticker on ECM.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really simple. However, back in early 2010 when I did it the first time, I had to go to SCT and download the software, as the one on the disc wasn't compatible with Windows 7. At first, I'm sure Torrie thought I had the intelligence of an FROG!!!! RIBBBBITTTT!!!!! (It's True... It's True!!!!) I would probably never have been successful if my Flex had push button start..... RIBBBBBBITTTTT!!!!!

Archived