Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Phone - Help

mjhpadi

I'm making the move to a Smartphone today, after months and months of tossing it around. So I have a question for you guys. I see that several of you are using Tapatalk...do you like it, how does it work, and do you recommend it? Remember you're dealing with a dinosaur here when it comes to computer technology so please keep it simple, but any input you guys can give me sure would help me decide whether to use it or not. Thanks for you comments and advice in advance!

Well......

I'm by no means the most computer / tech savvy person by any stretch of the imagination.....

However, I LOVE the Tap-A-Talk App :thumb:

The only thing I've seen that I don't always get notifications on is in regards to the PM's.

Other than that minor hiccup, it's a fanstatic App.....

Especially from the perspective of moderating.

I'd say get it, w/o any reservation(s) whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that the app is easier and more intuitive than the site on my desktop. I can't speak about different smart phones but on the iPhone the app is crazy good. I'd give it a thumbs up and a five star dinosaur rating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fearing the same will happen with me...I think it's more a function of my age group rather then phone group!

IT... IS... WHAT IT... IS.... LOL LOL LOL (oops... I'm older than you... JEEZ..)

Seriously, my biggest issue is that I have a laptop to access virtually any time I am home, or at my kids homes, or at our Apts.... or at motels... So.. it is just easier to answer people and view threads,etc when I get my laptop on wifi. I do read e-mails though, and I have a slide out keyboard for answering. I hate texting though.. Maybe I should try Tapatalk... never checked it out.

I personal would go for the iPhone' date=' The UI "user Interface" is much more intuitive then the phone that run android OS. The new windows phone looks nice too, but have never played with one. But the iPhone everything is on were you would expect to find it.[/quote']

I considered an I-Phone, but the Samsung Stratosphere offered a 32 GB slot and was close to free vs. almost $400. for a 32 GB I-Phone. Plan on adding lots of pix, like a John Deere Canadian friend who shows off his 2 Ferrari's (older), but... THEY'RE STILL RED FERRARI'S! I also am on Verizon, and was able to get the 4 GB monthly plan for the $30. back in Feb. Of course, I have never used over 1 GB...YET.

Bob, I got the Motorola Razzr Maxx, and I just picked it up this afternoon. I am struggling trying to figure out putting in contacts (finally got it with son's help) and I'm tickled because I managed to download the app from PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) and download my professional level certification card, so I can show that I am a renewed, teaching status instructor. Wish me luck as I slowly learn this thing. I do love the display and the keyboard works much better then my old Samsung phone, but I think I'm taking a break and then attempting more tomorrow. Heck it took me 15 minutes to get the Otterbox case on the phone to my satisfaction! lol Got the same plan, but we are sharing the data between the family, so we will probably use more data, although I can't imagine me using more then 1/2 of a gig.

Archived