Ecoboost Owner Forums

First one in the 11's!!! Oh yeah!!!

steve142857

Shoman what was your 1/8 times like? I am closer to an 1/8 also but havent been for a while.

Steve like several of the guys on here is now running a new tune everybody is calling Stage 5. It can not be delivered with an SCT, only the MyCal because of the number of parameters the MyCal can change. Stage 5 is for the methanol injected cars.

Last weekend a couple guys ran with it. I remember reading in the post that with Stage 4+ they were getting 12.4's and with Stage 5 12.2's so it appears to be good for about 2 tenths in the 1/4.

Thank Paul, I have the MyCal unit so when I going METH next yr. I well have the right unit already.

The 1/8mi is at the NASCAR track down pit row. It's just a fun run, handdrop start and a light trip at the end no time record. My best 1/8mi time is 8.34sec at 95deg,(they don't call it HOT ATLANTA FOR NOTHING).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the good news is I set a new record for myself with a 12.25 @ 110mph the bad news is no 11's where had tonight by me or mike. A little disappoint my time didn't improve that much, according to drag times calculator it said my adjust time would be slower then I desired but the DA was -1080. I thought that was good, but humidity was 96% so... I know that isn't good. Oh well there always next time.

Hmmm... I guess I am now the fastest non-pp SHO... Hit the track tonight and ran a best of...

12.17 sec at 116.7mph!!!

So close from Darrell!!!

I tried many runs after, all of them under 12.29 and a second best of 12.19!

It was around 50F with neglectable side wind of less than 1mph. Humidity was high with fog on cars. Track was not prepared (they only put glue in weekends).

Didn't calculate DA, but my estimation is around 400... Will check it tomorrow, gotta go, wife waiting for me to watch tv show.

Cheers! Woohoo!!!

Thanks!

Negative is indeed ideal, but DA is not the only factor. I looked and DA was at around -300 for me yesterday, which is very very nice... I am sure our friends from Georgia and Atlanta are jaelous of our conditions!

That said, it doesn't factor the wind or the traction. The inclination, if any, of the track... The quality of asphalt... Sometimes, if it rained earlier, the DA as calculated with dragtimes.com can't know if the track is evaporating extra water accumulated... But a negative DA should normally give you good numbers...

I understand that you wish you would have beaten your record by more than that...

I am sure you will continue to improve that time by year end... Just try to go when all factors are optimal...

Like for me, -300 is excellent but there was no glue and no tailwind, so there is still room for improvement.

Good luck and good numbers too!

Darrell's butt must be heating! But he must be laughing that he still holds the best ET!

These are my 10 runs of yesterday. All from 12.17 to 12.29 and all over 116 mph+ trap speed except one. These cars are beast for bracket racing. But obviously, yesterday was tes n tune, so I didn't care much about R/T.

photo_zpscc84dd06.jpg

On the way back home, I decided to film with my iphone an acceleration from 0-125mph+. The tires slipped around 30-40 mph, but it shows what stage 5 with meth is capable of. There was no traffic at all in that direction, but still do not attempt doing this on public roads... Even if I took precautions, it is still not very smart and I know it. Enjoy anyways! ; )

th_0-200_zpsdf40a996.jpg

Thanks Mike! It took me a good hour of photoshop to modify all the numbers... lol!

Yes, I know...... don't think I didn't see that slip up you forgot to correct when exclaiming your alleged MPH..... (in red below)

These are my 10 runs of yesterday. All from 12.17 to 12.29 and all over 166 mph+ trap speed except one.

The lower the DA, better will be the times Chris, regardless what type of engine. But, the calculator says that the turbo engines would be less affected than other if DA is higher (John scrming and I don't think that the ecoboost are less affected than others based on real life runs and over hundreads of runs)...

Now, if your wheels are spinning, it shouldn't affect negatively your trap speed, if not the opposite. When your wheels spin, your car doesn't move forward as much and when they grip, your car is at a higher speed eith more distance left to accelerate... But your ET certainly suffer from bad traction.

Some tracks are faster (inclination, finish of asphalt, winds...) than others, sometimes the sensors can be installed not properly and cause some differences. I know that Napierville dragway is reputed to be fast, but it is one of the only two tracks NHRA approved in Quebec, so I take advantage of it, but I think it is about 2-3 mph faster than average...

I believe that the track where Darrell had is best of 12.13 at 117.3 is a fast one too...

Chris: if you put 500+hp decal on your hood, your trap speed will improve! Lol

Is that part of the job of being a Moderator?

My Mod responsilbities extend far beyond what most would fathom.

But it's my dedication to our community that fuels my continued diligence.

If I tried fixing the vast majority of post(s), doing so, would quickly transition into a full time job practically.

I only pay attention to special people like you Steve, bwahahahahahahaha...... :RpS_lol:

:RpS_flapper:

:kiss:

No wind at all' date=' that's why I believe I ll improve my ET by year end...[/quote']

... As I said, our track is faster than normal, but NHRA approved. Maybe 2-3 mph faster. But here are ETs and trap speeds of other cars to compare, and I think their trap speed is fair with their ET and my 12.1-12.2 at 116mph+ fit right in there :

Stock 2007 911 Turbo with exhaust (not tuned so owner told me car was a bit slower than stock) : 11.94 at 120mph with 60' of 2.0

Tuned 335xi ran 12.9 at 106-107

Tuned 2010 Mustang GT 4.6 ran 13.3 at 103

Modded Mustang LX ran 13.63 at 101

So to me, your ET should correspond to faster trap speed... 110mph is a 12.6 sec ET in avg.

Cheers!

Thanks Steve, I thought it was odd that my ET was lower then previously at lapeer drag way but my MPH was slower ran a 12.27 @ 113 @ lapeer and 12.25 @ 110 @ milan. Now I am spinning my tire a lot probably right at the end of my 60' they really start to slip alway up til it hits 2nd and a little in 2nd. My launch is good with a low 1.8. I am hoping a better tire will solve.

Archived