Ecoboost Owner Forums

Dyno appointment tomorrow!

Crash712us

Ok...for one...I would never be upset about Chris or anyone else beating my time...I welcome it! Lol

I've been running that same tune as Steve and Chris for a few days and hopefully it will be enough for 11s...we'll see.

Steve, I thought for sure you added nitrous to the mix!

Sorry...this was short..I'll add more. I had a whole story planned but I couldn't find this freakin post last night..lmao

There's always things going on in the background...hehehe...I'll leave it at that

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol

I wanted to tease you guys bluffing a super mod like nitrous shots or ?!? ... But Livernois' tunes by themselves are so good that they are the best mod alone...

I wasn't to hold it too long, I really wanted to share with you asap...

But I still want to let Chris and Rick share the magic numbers... Very nice #'s!!!

I had planned on waiting until I got my car back with print out of the graph. But from the snap shot Rick took of the computer screen it looked like my numbers where 403hp & 417tq and reached max torque at about 3500 rpm's

[ATTACH]962[/ATTACH]

I believe there will be a little more in the numbers that can be reached, had a small glitch with my meth system.

post-3-142532288059_thumb.jpg

post-3-142532288059_thumb.jpg

I am still impressed with those numbers Chris! Temps around 90 plus a glitch with meth... That means maybe 410/425 which corresponds to about 520hp and 540lbs...

Woohoo!

Do we have same setup Chris?

HR springs, meth, airaid, exhaust deleting third cat and xpipe, stage 5 lms tune?

Because if it is the case, I won't bother having my car dynoed to know its power, your numbers should apply to mine or close enough...

Just a quick one:

I ran into a 300SRT8, about 2010 model with two young guys of about 30yo...

I just had that mew tune installed... We were at a stop sign... From 0mph til 60... In front by three cars already... Then from rolling start at around 25mph, I let him the advantage of hitting gas first then within 5 seconds, until about 80 mph, I was again enough in front so that I could put mu flasher and go in front of him... They were impressed and he told me he'd see me back at the track when he'd have nitrous! Lol

That was a good first test to appreciate the extra power of that new tune... : )

Kind of expensive for that extra pony! Lol

I believe the tuning with bigger turbos was very conservative as the "stage 5" is more aggressive. That said, I was told that stage 5 could be run as a dd, which I can confirm, the car runs smooth until you hit the right pedal and it chirps instantly and rip off the road!

I'd believe the bigger turbos with a stage 5 should have a good 15-20 hp more... Maybe a bit more lag?

Still in early phases of tuning even if Livernois has tuned more than 1600 EB vehicles in the past 2-3 years... They always prefer to tune progressively. So since the bigger turbos are pioneers, they surely wanted to keep it safer...

Yes apparently, but with 1stsho they are taking it slow. While his turbo's are suppose to be capable of much higher boost they are going to increase over time. Basically it all boils down to what Dan at LMS feels comfortable with in doing. Being his reputation and company's reputation are number 1.

No kidding. 11's on stock turbos is nothing to sneeze at. That's very serious performance! Kind of bummed though as I had no idea the My Cal had such advantages as this. I hope I can run stage 5 with the SCT (just bought the dang thing too!!). If not, just have to upgrade I suppose. Small price to pay in the end.

Well yeah, I knew that but thanks. I do have the intake and SCT 4+ now. I will definitely be getting meth and an exhaust (I hope that someone mass-produces down-pipes!!!) as well as the cooling upgrades and MAP sensor. I was just wondering if I bought myself a nice paperweight with the SCT if I have to upgrade to My Cal to get stage 5 is all. Not complaining...just wondering. Thanks!

You in the same boat as me but it is only money ;) I am getting the meth finalized now. Actually it is in and firing, just need to get my bumper back on. I figured I would get everything working, make some track runs, and maybe early 2013 look into this.

If you did what I did you paid for the tunes along with the X3. Also you can sell the X3. FYI a meth install isnt all laughs and giggles....

Archived