Ecoboost Owner Forums

Dyno appointment tomorrow!

Crash712us

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you have your car back Chris... Amazing right?

I wanted to go to the track next week, supposed to be around 70F...

But my front brakes are so noisy, even when I drive, so I guess I'll have to buy new brakes before I can go and try that new tune at the track... : (

I had not plan to upgrade brake kit this year. Don't know what I'll do, maybe just OEM pad until next year... Even my summer tires only two months old) start to be less effective... $$$ ouch!

Glad you have your car back Chris... Amazing right?

I wanted to go to the track next week, supposed to be around 70F...

But my front brakes are so noisy, even when I drive, so I guess I'll have to buy new brakes before I can go and try that new tune at the track... : (

I had not plan to upgrade brake kit this year. Don't know what I'll do, maybe just OEM pad until next year... Even my summer tires only two months old) start to be less effective... $$$ ouch!

Yes Steve amazing to say the least! And today it is very muggy out, I can only imagine what it will be like on a nicer day. But traction is going to be a issue now.

Consider replacing stock pads with Stop Tech or EBC Red. Likely can just turn rotors. You will be amazed with the better stopping. Lots less money than new full kit.

Before the meth install, yes paul I agree car pulled strong 1st & 2nd but 3rd not so much. My best 60' is 1.8 and my best 1/4 is a 12.9 and this was before the meth install, I wished I had tracked prior to my dyno tune so I have a comparison. But I will have to use others times to compare with my new ones.

Oups, my fault. I figured we were due for a new stage... Afetr stage 4, stage 4+, a stage 5 made more sense than a stage 4++, no? lol

As for track numbers... I will have my brakes done tomorrow or Saturday at most and will try to hit the track soon, even if temps are still higher than normal for this time of the year... Should see some numbers very close to 12 sec... which will be an indicator that the 11's are very very close... : )

I had planned on waiting until I got my car back with print out of the graph. But from the snap shot Rick took of the computer screen it looked like my numbers where 403hp & 417tq and reached max torque at about 3500 rpm's

[ATTACH]962[/ATTACH]

I believe there will be a little more in the numbers that can be reached, had a small glitch with my meth system.

Dyno.jpg

Heres one of mine to compare. MORE POWER EVER LOL

So the question begs to be asked, & I hope Rick from LMS himself chimes in on this question....

This new tune file, dedicated completely to meth users, is this, in an official capacity, now being termed "stage 5" ?? :noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent question Mike, I will have to take a look at the files label in the tuner. I don't think LMS is calling it stage 5. And yes it Steve's fault for labeling as such, but I'm good with it being label as such. Seeing there is such a distinction between the power of the 4+ meth tune and this new tune.

Is to soon to add MOST POWER EVER to my signature?

True! then after someone bumps me out I can say 2nd MOST POWER EVER !

file-1.jpg

Dyno.jpg

Hhhmmmmm........ hold on just one stink'n minute here......

Analyzing the two dyno graphs above......

It would appear to me that it is actually 1stSHO (Mike) that holds the dubious title of "MOST POWER EVER ".

I guess Chris already has to relinquish that title :noidea:

I LOVE stir'n the pot :boink:

and on that note........ :bolt:

Especially that 1stSHO Mike has a light tuning because LMS didn't want to go too aggressive with tuning the first turbos upgrade... But, for the moment, I believe my car probably has the most. Chris' exhaust is a bit more restrictive than mine I believe, so I would think that my car has closer to 410hp... But that is just my guess based on Chris's dyno numbers. But, the two cars with most potential now are 1stSHO Mike and BPD Mike... Still looking forward to hear about your car's improvements Mike with those recent mods... Are they finished? Are you driving your car or is it in a garage having the downpipes installed?

BTW, I love stiring the pot too ; )

On that note, I'll leave too lol!

But, for the moment, I believe my car probably has the most.

Chris' exhaust is a bit more restrictive than mine I believe, so I would think that my car has closer to 410hp...

But that is just my guess based on Chris's dyno numbers.

But, the two cars with most potential now are 1stSHO Mike and BPD Mike...

Still looking forward to hear about your car's improvements Mike (bpd151) with those recent mods... Are they finished?

Are you driving your car or is it in a garage having the downpipes installed?

Funny you should ask about my three recent mods, one of which still has yet to be revealed.....

I literally just got a call today from the one shop finishing up the secret, 3rd mod, and it will be ready for pick up tomorrow (Fri. Sept 7th).

There was a delay on their end as they were having difficulty locating a source to find material(s) that matched OEM stuff.

I'll reveal soon, along with pics in another thread.

Also, I had my mechanic friend weld in that 2nd EGT Sensor bung, and while he was at it, I had him do a "once over" on all of the welds for those catless down pipes.

Those were finished up yesterday.

I am, as of this posting, aiming for a complete install of my Catless Pipes, the Aux Oil Cooler, and my 3rd, secret squirrely mod for next Tues & Wed (Sept 11th/12th).

So I'll require an adjusted tune file myself, as I fully anticipate losing some degree of boost, and I've already been in communique with the boys over at LMS regarding that.

I am hoping to get an adjusted tune file that I can run at least in the interim, and then schedule some dyno time in October, during the week where LMS has their 2nd Customer Appreciation Day for 2012.

Good times ahead, and suffice it to say, I expect both 1stSHO, crash712us, Darrell, you, and me, to all be in the 11's by year's end.

Cheers to all for the accomplishments obtained thus far :cheer2:

Exciting times for the EcoBoost platform for sure :thumb:

MIKE..E... It is time... You need to go back and tune... and DYNO... the BEAST!!!! Show these puppies what real HP & TORQUE is!!!!

I think those catless down pipes will make more difference than bigger turbos.. but having both would be even better!

NOTE: IT IS MY ROLE IN LIFE TO STIR THE POT... Please forgive me guys..... You are all faster than my Flex. But.. I think my modded G8 is more of a fair match!

Archived