Ecoboost Owner Forums

BPD's "Secret" 3rd Mod (Revealed).....

With the Nav displays cars have currently it wouldn't be hard for Ford to get creative and have whatever cluster of gauges you want to see and in any order you like. But they neglected to do this.

I guess they either didn't have a race car in mind with their SHO offering or they don't want to tempt the devil in us... Like in SRT8, you have a 0-60 calculator integrated... Just a little touch, but interesting imo. The gauges idea with the nav would be actually very nice... Isn't Livernois able to bypass the ECU and have gauges shown on the Nav screen ? Lol

I would agree with the most recent comments, that if FMC really wanted to "jazz up" these SHO's even further......

Incorporating customizable electronic, digital gauges in the NAV Screen would be tits for sure :thumb:

But since I've already invested in $1K worth of gauges alone, certainly won't be an option for me, but who knows, maybe your suggestions will influence the 2015 models as a lil birdie whispered in my ear recently that there are SIGNIFIGANT changes for that model year to come. Oh my :hail:

In the interim, and speaking of my gauges, I just got back from my mechanic friends shop..... and I'll tell y'all..... after having worked the last two nights of back to back 12hr night shifts, I managed to squeeze in about 2hrs of sleep this morning (from 6am to 8am) and woke back up only to race off to the shop to finish up this project.

I thought while I'm downing a couple of cold ones, and fill'n up my belly with pizza, I'd better post a few images now before I take up residence on the couch and go comatose for the next 10hrs or so.....

So, to that end, here's a few pics of the final locations of all the gauges, wired up, fully functioning, etc.

Enjoy and good night there to all my fellow EBOF'ers :thumb:

011_zps5b0276ee.jpg

012_zps9b1e5a03.jpg

014_zpsc583d017.jpg

I would agree with the most recent comments, that if FMC really wanted to "jazz up" these SHO's even further......

Incorporating customizable electronic, digital gauges in the NAV Screen would be tits for sure :thumb:

But since I've already invested in $1K worth of gauges alone, certainly won't be an option for me, but who knows, maybe your suggestions will influence the 2015 models as a lil birdie whispered in my ear recently that there are SIGNIFIGANT changes for that model year to come. Oh my :hail:

In the interim, and speaking of my gauges, I just got back from my mechanic friends shop..... and I'll tell y'all..... after having worked the last two nights of back to back 12hr night shifts, I managed to squeeze in about 2hrs of sleep this morning (from 6am to 8am) and woke back up only to race off to the shop to finish up this project.

I thought while I'm downing a couple of cold ones, and fill'n up my belly with pizza, I'd better post a few images now before I take up residence on the couch and go comatose for the next 10hrs or so.....

So, to that end, here's a few pics of the final locations of all the gauges, wired up, fully functioning, etc.

Enjoy and good night there to all my fellow EBOF'ers :thumb:

011_zps5b0276ee.jpg

012_zps9b1e5a03.jpg

014_zpsc583d017.jpg

Well then here is my wish list for the 2015 Taurus.... GT 500 horsepower, All wheel drive with rear wheel bias, NO SPEED LIMITER, and a 400lbs diet. Oh screw it, with 650+ hp it can gain a few pounds and I'll be ok with it.

• 1 month later...

It maxes at 18psi, but doesn't stay there for long.

For the most part, it runs generally between 16-18psi (under the new Stage 5).

This is a slight uptick from the Stage 4+ which generally ran no higher than 15psi at it's highest point.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was fairly pricey.... but even with that said, I know had it not been for the generosity of the people involved, and my friendships with same, it would've easily been double of what I was charged.

As a matter of my own personal policy, I rarely (if ever) have ever disclosed actual pricing on any given project.

Those negotiations are best left served between the individual consumer and the selected vendor.

I do recognize though that there is a degree of curiosity when it comes to a generalization for cost(s) and that being said, I would say most can expect to pay somewhere in the realm of $500 total, or a tick less, just for the A-Pillar alone.

Gauges will vary, depending on style/model/mfg'er chosen and in my case, another $500 or so for the 2 gauges shown in my A-Pillar.

Hope that's of some help :noidea:

Oh yea, and an updated interior pic, showing it as it currently sits (Nov 2012):

BPD7-2_filtered.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Archived