Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sorry EcoBrick Bob...

Scrming

Sorry to say, Bob, but your reign has ended... You've had a great run as having the world's fastest Flex, but today I think I finally unseated you!

12890.jpg

Not quite as good as I was hoping for HOWEVER, this is with the "CANNED" version of Stage 5! so NO tweaking was done based on any data logs! This is as off the shelf as it gets!

Also I notice my 60' was off a bit today. I'm usually on the lower side of 1.9x, but today I was on the higher side! In fact a number of my 60' were in the 2.0x but yet I was still running 12.9! So that tells, me that Stage 5 is definitely stronger on the big end! Especially since we had a HEADWIND today, while the last couple of outings we've had a tail wind... DA for the 12.89 run was about 1430'

The 12.89 was my best run but I also had this as my first run!

1290.jpg

So while I didn't run as quick as I was hoping, i definitely feeling there is more potential with Stage 5! I've sent the logs off to Livernois for review... Hopefully I captured the right info! LOL

So sorry to knock you off Bob... and thank you for your inspiration to make me go faster! (although not sure the Mrs. shares that sentiment! LOL)

Ok.. and now to see if any videos came out... LOL

flex_213.jpg

Nice John! I would have thought your E.T. would have been lower too' date=' but I am sure with a little tuning that will change.[/quote']

THANKS!!!

Yeah, I was definitely disappointed... HOWEVER once I stopped and really thought about it, my disappointment started to disappear:

1) I drove home under my own power!!! That makes any track day a great day!

2) This was a completely canned/off the shelf tune! NO TWEAKS!

3) Dan actually pushed my Stage 4+, I was running a pretty aggressive version! And I'm still on the STOCK 2 BAR sensor!

4) I made my own tweaks to the Stage 4+ tune, when loading the tune with the SCT ie. shift pressures, shift points, and timing.

5) There was a pretty good headwind vs the tailwind I've had the last few outing.

Soooo, despite ALL of that, i still managed a 12.89 on a pretty crappy 1.994 60'! So yeah, initially i was disappointed... But now that I've had a chance to stop an think about thing, I'm excited! I just have to remember this tune is not dialed in! And of course Lapeer is open to the end of November!! So plenty of time to get the tune spot on!

Ordered my cutouts Saturday, your new times prompted me to spend some $$. In a couple of weeks I will get the alky kit and get some dyno tuning done. I'm kind of leaning towards selling my iTSX and trying the mycal but of course the $$ are involved. :) Luckily my son shut down a $1500 trip back east for a wrestling tournament, seems he wants to finally go to homecoming instead of always being at a preseason wreslting tourney. Since it's his Senior year I figured it's time for him to have some fun (but not too much :RpS_cool:)

Ordered my cutouts Saturday' date=' your new times prompted me to spend some $$. In a couple of weeks I will get the alky kit and get some dyno tuning done. I'm kind of leaning towards selling my iTSX and trying the mycal but of course the $$ are involved. :) Luckily my son shut down a $1500 trip back east for a wrestling tournament, seems he wants to finally go to homecoming instead of always being at a preseason wreslting tourney. Since it's his Senior year I figured it's time for him to have some fun (but not too much :RpS_cool:)[/quote']

Very cool on the mod plans! I was leery on adding the methanol, but now I can't get enough! LOL!! Keep us posted!

Yes' date=' you are! I will be looking over my shoulder![/quote']

Scrming I told you that a "LITTLE RED WAGON" was faster than "RED ROCKET WAGON"(EcoBrick Bob).LOL P.S. I saw the 12.047sec 1st:faint: I nearly fell out my chair "A 12SEC FAT BRICK" Then I look at the car #ers. SHO's would be scared of a 12sec BRICK. Way to go MY FRIEND.

Scrming I told you that a "LITTLE RED WAGON" was faster than "RED ROCKET WAGON"(EcoBrick Bob).LOL P.S. I saw the 12.047sec 1st:faint: I nearly fell out my chair "A 12SEC FAT BRICK" Then I look at the car #ers. SHO's would be scared of a 12sec BRICK. Way to go MY FRIEND.

Thanks!!! Need to talk to Rick today to see about getting Stage 5 dialed in like we did for Stage 4+... WOOHOO!

Archived