Ecoboost Owner Forums

Newb tuning question

Echo42987

I am looking to tune my 2010 SHO w/ 40,000 miles on it. I am a little concerned because I have higher mileage on my vehicle, if that will effect anything?

I am also curious to which tune I should run. I see livernois has one and then Fast Part Network has one. Is one better then the other? Are they the exact same thing?

I am purchasing the tune first and plan on ordering my corsa exhaust around Christmas time. Personal input is appreciate. Thanks guys. :RpS_smile:

You're fine with 40,000. I have 45,000 currently and it's been tuned since 400 miles on the odo.

As far as companies go, they both do an outstanding job...I say if you live close to one or the other..you may want to choose that way.

I've been with Livernois since the beginning and they've been nothing less than outstanding with me. I also, currently, have the quickest, fastest known SHO with a best of 12.13 at 117.

Torrie is very reputable as well, I run his radiator and t-stat. His customers have nothing but good to say about him.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Darrell.....

I've got a mix of both Torrie parts, and LMS parts..... both are very reputable, and both are EBOF Supporting Vendors.

Win Win either way you choose IMHO.

Although I've run LMS tune files exclusively since about 800 miles on my clock.

It kind of helps (in my circumstance) that I'm within a reasonable driving distance (4-5hrs) of LMS' facility.

Good luck either way! :thumb:

As to which tune you should run...I started running Livernois Stage 2 and ran that for several months and was totally happy with it. Then all these guys from the "Dark Side" talked me into running the Stage 4+! I am now really happy and have been running it ever since so I guess that's been close to a year now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonna hijack this for a quick second. Just got my 2013 SHO green PP last night (took me an hour just to figure out what PP WAS). I have been on here for a few hours today and can't figure out EXACTLY what the stage is of the tuners. I'm guessing the stage 4 has the CAI ontop of the tuner? And whats the +? I am looking to order my tuner this week. THX!

The numerical rankings of each tune stage essentially is related to the natural progression in which LMS has improved, or tweaked, various calibrations since they started tuning the EcoBoost platform.

Currently, there are 5 separate stages.... and 1 is/was their 1st one, and each higher number equates to a more progressive tune, with added power for the most within in each one.

The 4+ eventually came around due to some of the "core / diehard" SHO owners (like Darrell and 1st SHO Mike) who have continually challenged LMS to create more progressive files.

The Stage is for owners who have Methanol installed, as well as the 3bar MapV sensor.

All the other stages don't really require any other mods per se....

But I will let others chime in with further details on what each stage incorporates.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You're fine with 40,000. I have 45,000 currently and it's been tuned since 400 miles on the odo.

As far as companies go, they both do an outstanding job...I say if you live close to one or the other..you may want to choose that way.

I've been with Livernois since the beginning and they've been nothing less than outstanding with me. I also, currently, have the quickest, fastest known SHO with a best of 12.13 at 117.

Torrie is very reputable as well, I run his radiator and t-stat. His customers have nothing but good to say about him.

Hope this helps.

Ha Darreli Where is Torrie located at? And is Torrie the owner of Unleashed or are they 2 drifferent company's? If yes where is Unleashed located at?

Thanks for the info. Bpd1151 I am assuming you meant Stage 5 there about the Methonal. Looks like I will be going stage 4+. Does the Airaid increase cabin noise? I had a K&N CAI on a 08 F-150 4.6L and it was SO LOUD I hated it. Planning to keep this one silent.

The airaid doen't change cabin noise level, but can hear turbo's better with windows down and can hear blow off.

Thanks for the info. Bpd1151 I am assuming you meant Stage 5 there about the Methonal. Looks like I will be going stage 4+. Does the Airaid increase cabin noise? I had a K&N CAI on a 08 F-150 4.6L and it was SO LOUD I hated it. Planning to keep this one silent.

The AIRAID will give you a real nice whistle under the hood(with it up) but the OLD LADY every knew I put it on!!! I have DYNOMAX mufflers stock 2 1/4" pipes so I can go back to the stock quiet for road trips with the OLD LADY and she still dose not hear the AIRAID. I went to the DYNOMAX so I could hear the RPM (at the track) to shift manally.

Archived