Ecoboost Owner Forums

Issues with MyCal device? Post here.

stixx2002

Rick - I think I found the issue. One of the other forum members did this as well and I believe it worked. When the tuner asks to turn off the ignition, you need to hit the button and then open the door and close the door before pressing the "Y" button. When doing this I was able to obtain the "successful" message at the conclusion of the process.

Rick - I think I found the issue. One of the other forum members did this as well and I believe it worked. When the tuner asks to turn off the ignition' date=' you need to hit the button and then open the door and close the door before pressing the "Y" button. When doing this I was able to obtain the "successful" message at the conclusion of the process.[/quote']

I guess I never read the instructions for the device and they say to program the car with the door closed. I've always flashed cars with the door open here, usually because it was hot outside or I was demonstrating to the customer how the device worked while they stood outside the car. I called AIW and they suspect that when flashing with the door closed, by the time it's done flashing the computer is in sleep mode. Opening and closing the door as you did would wake it back up. They are going to experiment more with a car next week and either update the firmware in the tuner or change the directions to reflect what you did.

Thank you,

Rick

Now see.....

This dialogue alone, between EBOF Memebers and Supporting Vendors is EXACTLY why I LOVE this forum so damn much.

Problem resolution 101 at it's best.

Customer / Member has a quirky, weird issue (albeit unknown to the mfg'er and vendor).

Member has patience enough to be understanding and articulate the arisen problem (w/o getting pissy for lack of better terms).

Member even offers a potential resolution.

Vendor communicates this to the MFG'er.

Wallah......! Changed for every other potential customer down the road.

Can't get any better than that if you ask me.

Once again, the dedication and contributions of both fellow Member's and Vendor's here never ceases to amaze me.

Downright Inspirational.

well said mike, to be honest after reading this i got a lil teary eyed !! lol

Now see.....

This dialogue alone, between EBOF Memebers and Supporting Vendors is EXACTLY why I LOVE this forum so damn much.

Problem resolution 101 at it's best.

Customer / Member has a quirky, weird issue (albeit unknown to the mfg'er and vendor).

Member has patience enough to be understanding and articulate the arisen problem (w/o getting pissy for lack of better terms).

Member even offers a potential resolution.

Vendor communicates this to the MFG'er.

Wallah......! Changed for every other potential customer down the road.

Can't get any better than that if you ask me.

Once again, the dedication and contributions of both fellow Member's and Vendor's here never ceases to amaze me.

Downright Inspirational.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to put an update on here. I plugged in my tuner online and got 2 files updated on the tuner. I decided to flash back to stock then reflash my 93 Tune on my 2013 to wipe the KAM. Anyway, plugged in the tuner windows down (so I could reach in and hit the ignition button but didnt have to sit in the car for 2 flashes) followed instructions went off to multi-task. Came back to msg for turn off ignition, opened the door, turned off ignition hit Y and followed the next few screens, 100% success each tune, no more looping problems.

• 3 months later...

I miss the mycal I had in the 2010... The new one for the 2013 is a dinosaure... At least the reward will be an amazing tune shortly. Meanwhile, I can't even get the strategy code or vin needed to get the tune...

First, with wheels swap between 2010-13 I get 2 dtc's for tpms (problem will be resolved when I get my summer wheels installed shortly). They cannot be cleared because they are still there the next time I open the tuner.

But even when I choose ton clear dtc's, the tuner only offers me to access the tuning menu or exit. Then when i choose the tuning menu, I get a code 59: no tuning file... Please turn off device... So, where or how can I get the needed codes to send LMS in order to email me back the tune?

I get a feeling that within a year or so, AIW will come up with a better tuner (like the mycal for the 2010). That new one is even worst than my old SCTx3! My atari2600 looked futuristic compared to this "new" device...

But I understand that it is the only one available for now and that the inside allows great tuning.

I guess I got spoiled with the other mycal device (which I can and am using in the MKT and is amazing).

Thanks in advance anyone for your help.

Cheers!

I think it says in the instructions but (i'm going off memory as i don't have it in front of me) you have to hold down the UP and Y button at the same time then plug into the OBDII port and that enters into engineering mode where you can read the stategy codes

Steve, hit the start button twice to get into run mode.

Hold the N and UP buttons simultaneously while plugging the tuner in, (puts it into engineering mode).

scroll down to ECU strategy code press Y (write it down)

scroll to ECU SW part ID code press Y (write it down).

Email the info to LMS to get the stock tune and 91, 93 tunes.

Archived