Ecoboost Owner Forums

Acceleration stats comparison

steve142857

Hey guys! For the ones that know me, I am the one here that loves numbers... I don't know much about mechanic, but I love all stats about performance etc. I have videotaped many accelerations since I own my 2010 SHO and I find it interesting to see the improvement through the process of modifying it. I never filmed an acceleration when it was fully stock, but I have a few when my only mod was H&R springs. So, here are some stats at different levels of mods:

Stock + H&R springs: 0-60: 5.0 flat, 0-100: 12.0 flat, 1/4 mile: 13.56 at 102.5mph (if my memory is good for mph)(weather around 45F, tailwind)

Stock + HR + Airaid + exhaust : 1/4 mile: 13.36 at 104.x mph (if my memory is good for mph)(weather around 45-50F tailwind)

LMS stage 3, HR, Airaid: 0-60: 4.5 sec.

LMS stage 4+, HR, Airaid, exhaust : 0-60: 4.1, 0-100: 10.5, 0-125: 16.5, 1/4 mile: 12.67 at around 111mph (weather around 45F with tailwind)

LMS stage 4+, HR, Airaid, exhaust, meth: 0-60: 3.86, 1/4 mile: 12.43 at 113.5mph (weather around 75-80F, side wind)

LMS stage 5, HR, Airaid, exhaust, meth: 0-60: 3.66, 0-100: 9.1, 0-125: 14.2, 1/4 mile: 12.17 at 116.72 (weather around 55F, no wind)

I have many youtube videos where we can see the evolution, but it is all wrapped up here in numbers for the interested... I like to compare those stats (esp. the recent ones) to other impressive OEM cars. Until 100 mph (thanks to torque and AWD), it challenges or beat a few good names:

Category 1 (should be a good match at a red light until 100 mph if the other is a good driver): 2010 M5-M6, 2012 Audi R8, 2013 Audi TTRS, 2012 Corvette GS, 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S, E63AMG, C63AMG, CLSAMG, Audi RS4-6, Jaguar XKR-S, Ferrari California, 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Bentley Continental GT SuperSport, Camaro ZL1, ...

Category 2 (sure to win if not modded even with the best driver): SRT-8's, Camaro SS, any Mustangs (they can't launch when they are Shelby's), Aston Martin Vantage, any Maserati,

C5 Corvette, M3, Audi S4-S5, 93 Supra turbo, 95 Stealth Twin turbo, G37, FX50, M56, Mercedes all non AMG, All Porsches under 2007 except turbo and GT-2, ...

Gotta love the SHO, even with the stickers, it is still a very good sleeper!

Cheers!

Good God that is awesome. I love stats like this too. It's amazing to see how many "sports" and even semi-"exotic" cars this fat pig of a comfy family sedan can beat. I've always loved the sleeper (ever since my first 1990 SHO) and the satisfaction of pulling away from a "superior" vehicle is simply priceless. It'll be scary to see what we can do with upgraded turbos like FirstSHO's too.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and post it up!

I am also a lover of stats. Not as complete or comprehensive as yours, but:

Stock: 82 degrees no wind: 0-60 best of 5.18. Via old skool G-Tech.

Stock plus LMS 4+: 68 degrees no wind: 0-60 best of 4.9 Via MyCal (honestly I think I can do better than that - it was only one run and have not really had time to play since the LMS tune. I really need to try it with the G-tech for consistency too)

I really just want to hit 4.6 or 4.7 and then can get over my regret in never buying an STS-V....LOL....

Very cool of you to post this info Steve :thumb:

I can't think of literally, any other person who has posted such a collective compilation of stats. Not here on EBOF, or elsewhere for that matter.

Even though I've often given you playful grief in the past, for being what I would term a "stat whore"..... your numbers, and the time you put into posting them, are truly appreciated. :hail:

Thanks for doing so, and thanks for being a part of the EBOF community!

Thx guys!

I actually wrote it from the job... I have a flu and just could 't focus on working lol!

To start, very funny because on my way back home, something that rarely happens happened... 2010 M5 (wrapped in a matte black with plastidip on all chrome... The killer stealth look) lined up next to me a a red light... I was on the phone and told to hold on a minute... Rolled down the window and the guy, around 40, asked me if I was the one racing at Napierville dragway... He actually asked me to race him!!! I had just posted this thread an hour before, what a coincidence! Well I can confirm that until 60mph i was two cars in front! Then we slowed down, he told me my car was a beast and from a roll start at 27 mph (45kmh)(sweet spot for non pp to downshift in first) we both WOT and I was still pulling! Without the AWD advantage this time but still faster than a 500hp V10! Bam!

Just wanted to share that wih you...

Now some answers:

0.2 sec less in 1/4 mile is mainly due to xpipe, not airaid...

HR springs contributes in lowering times by a good tenth if not two due to lower gravity (less power loss in weight transfer when launching) and better aerodynamic at higher speed...

When I wrote that my car was still a sleeper with the stickers, I knew it would revive the debate on stickers, I had to write it lol!

Mike, I am a stat whore? Ouch! ; ) Someone gotta take it for the others, I am that much commited to EBOF!

Glad you enjoyed!

CTS-V would be another good addition to the list until 100... I don't know if they can get a grip in te before I reach that number... If their tires slip for half a second, they need to catch that half second and I am already a few car lenghts in front... AWD or nothing in the street...

But better to keep that for the drag stripa, be all careful, I am a professional lol!

LMFAO! Yes, yes indeed Steve.....

You can share the moniker of "stat whore" along with EcoBrickBob (who oddly enough, has been silent here as of late).

Good kill story on the M5.

I too am not sure on the ability of the CTS V's to "keep up" over the 100MPH mark.

I know I slaughtered a lightly modded '09 CTS V at this year's Nat'l SHO Convention (video posted here in the drags section). Granted the track at BIR wasn't prepped well, if at all....

But I was sure he would've closed the gap at the tail end of the 1/4 (he did not).

But not only did I start with a comfortable 2/2.5 car gap, but I comfortably maintained that same lead on the close of the 1/4 as well.

So who knows :noidea:

Again, thanks for posting the stats that you did. :thumb:

Hopefully your fellow stat whore EcoBrickBob will come out of his self imposed hiding and chime in with a few stats of his own.

From my Mod Control Panel, I see he signs in here, and has even been observed exchanging a few PM's, but his public postings have been zilch as of late.

Things that make you go hhhhmmmmm.....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Now some answers:

0.2 sec less in 1/4 mile is mainly due to xpipe, not airaid...

HR springs contributes in lowering times by a good tenth if not two due to lower gravity (less power loss in weight transfer when launching) and better aerodynamic at higher speed...

I'd like to see your custom exhaust setup then.

So Livernois 2013 tuned SHO did 13.4sec. Substract 0.2sec from good exhaust setup (and CAI ;) ) and another 0.1sec from lowering springs, in theory at 13.1sec 1/4 mile. Still not under 13sec mark...

What difference would TSW light weight Interlagos/Nurburgring wheels would make?

It did 13.4 when temperature was 100F!

You can deduct about one tenth per 10F drop (or 5 celcius).

So from your 13.1, go on a 70F day and you should be around 12.8 my friend.

As for the wheels it appears in real life that the car feels lighter and responds better to the steering but it has yet proven to reduce ET's... If you change wheels, don't do it with the idea of reducing 1/4 mile times. But good tires will allow you to grip better at launches and can save you some time seriously. It can allow you to drag race on cold days without being concerned with traction.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 2010 Lincoln MKS Eco

62 degrees

no wind

PASSENGER in the CAR (extra 140 pounds)

LMS 4+ and K&N Drop in filter

****IN SPORT MODE/GRADE ASSIST

Spooled up to 1800 RPM

4.79 seconds 0-60 (I can't wait to try it without a passenger) - I love this car and LMS!

479mks.jpg

Update: 2010 Lincoln MKS Eco

62 degrees

no wind

PASSENGER in the CAR (extra 140 pounds)

LMS 4+ and K&N Drop in filter

****IN SPORT MODE/GRADE ASSIST

Spooled up to 1800 RPM

4.79 seconds 0-60 (I can't wait to try it without a passenger) - I love this car and LMS!

479mks.jpg

Thanks for posting TSS. If the idea appeals to you I would be very curious to see a comparison result for the same exact set up but using D instead of grade assist/sport mode. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can definitely try the D versus M/Grade assist comparison. M certainly feels quicker with my butt dyno, but that is pure speculation until I test it.

I would not provide clues as to my wife's weight - I have been married 21 years and want to see 22. My 13 year old SON is 140 pounds.... :)

This thread has proved to be very interesting with all the acceleration data that is being collected. I am also kinda surprised that the 11's are proving to be more elusive than originally thought. I am really anxious to see who turns the first 11 and what mods and conditions it takes to break that barrier.

I can definitely try the D versus M/Grade assist comparison. M certainly feels quicker with my butt dyno, but that is pure speculation until I test it.

I would not provide clues as to my wife's weight - I have been married 21 years and want to see 22. My 13 year old SON is 140 pounds.... :)

Again, agreeing with Mike....this is a great answer....and I believe us married folks understand the answer COMPLETELY!:ballchain:

Archived