Ecoboost Owner Forums

H&R Springs on 2013

No luck for me this morning!

I brought my car (2013 PP SHO) to have it lowered and continued to the office with my wife's MKT. I received a phon call an hour and a half later from the garage. They had installed the rear coil springs without any issue, but the front ones are too small! 6 inches too small, so there is nothing he can do! The part number 51626F indicates that it should be the correct part number (I validated with the garage, Livernois and Essex distributors (H?R distributor)). So, I need to send pictures to Essex with part number showing and they will contact H&R to see what is the problem. The only thing I can see is that the number on the piece is not good.

Anyways, it is shitty because meanwhile, I have paid 1.5 hours of labor, my car is on a lift and to have new parts would take at least a week. I don't know if I will have to have them remove the rear springs and wait to get a new set or what... I didn't need that at all!

I'll keep you posted.

Any info on what could be the problem is appreciated.

BTW, the garage where I brought the car is the same one that corrected the bad install of my 2010.

Thanks!

That's very strange and unfortunate steve. Something definitely doesn't sound right.

Just throwing it out there, is it possible they got they installed your front springs in the rear by mistake?

That's what I thought, but the part numbers clearly state 51626F or R and the 51626R were installed on the rear without any issues, so by logic the remaining 51626F are meant to be for the front.

The mechanic told me that the front coil springs (H&R) measure 11 inches at the highest... Doesn't seem right.

Hmmm of course it very difficult to offer advice without actually seeing. You say the over all length of spring 11inches, to me that seem pretty close going by memory.

I do no this there almost no preload on H&R spring, I would say the spring is compressed 1/8 of a inch when it's installed on strut.

Hopefully they get sorted out for you soon.

I called my sitributors and the H&R Amrica directly and the part number has been confirmed and apparently it can be normal that they are a bit loose when the car is on the lift but if the spring isolators from OEM springs have been transfered, once the car is off the lift, just need to make sure that the springs are well seated and it should be fine. I don't know much about that, but I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that everything will be fine.

BTW, the new springs from H&R come in blue, they look hot!

I should have the car ready, lowered and aligned, tomorrow. I will have my summer tires installed in about a week, so I will perform another quick alignement if needed at that point, once the springs will have been seating for a few days.

Thanks!

Looks very nice darkside. I like the look of those 2013's more especially on a lowered car.

I got mine done too and no camber bolts needed neither. The mechanic was unsure because on the lift, the coils in front were loose a bit... He measured them to be 6-7 inches lower than OEM's... I called H&R and confirmed that everything would fall in place once the car seated...

The car looks much better... Now I need to have the head and tail light covered... The car still doesn't look as sporty as the 2010 I had... With the exhaust (tips), it should look sportier.

Before and after pics:

[ATTACH]2096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2094[/ATTACH]

Better pics to come...

post-379-142532291569_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291573_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291578_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291582_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291569_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291573_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291578_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532291582_thumb.jpg

Now I need to have the head and tail light covered... The car still doesn't look as sporty as the 2010 I had... With the exhaust (tips), it should look sportier.

Before and after pics:

Should make it look much nicer. I'm hoping to get it into the bodyshop within the month to color match all the chrome trim, and then blackout the lights. Currently in the process of bringing another company into our exhaust choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a BRAND NEW member here. Hello! Post number 1.

I have owned my loaded, not the perfomance package though:~( , black, 2013 SHO for almost exactly 1 year and have had a hard time finding the right "Club". But this looks like the one.

My first questions: 1 Which lowering springs do you guys like and why?,

next....I have been using "regular" gas since day one and yesterday I read that I should be using Premium gas for all fill ups. Is this right too?

Thanks

Chris

Oh yeah...how do I add an avatar picture??

:welcome: Chris, glad you have joined us. Hopefully some of the other members will chip in with info about the springs. I would recommend using premium fuel. My car was filled with regular when I purchased it, but after running only 2 tanks of premium I did notice an increase in the performance of the car. Now that I have the car tuned, it requires 93 octane fuel, but I would be using premium reqardless.

What I'd like to know is if there is a small, big, or huge, difference between the two choices of springs? (it looks like there are two) And are there any type, or style we should be aware of before we order. I'm just being careful.

These SHO's look fantastic lowered and I cannot wait . I just want it to be trouble free, no problems.

Thanks

Chris

H&R springs are lower than eibachs. While I love the look of the h&r springs ill probably do the eibachs because some of my local roads are junk. H&Rs also require an alignment, eibachs don't.

Eibachs are rated to lower the car like .8 front and 1.2 rear. H&R are 1.5 front and 1.8 rear, I think.

I am a BRAND NEW member here. Hello! Post number 1.

I have owned my loaded, not the perfomance package though:~( , black, 2013 SHO for almost exactly 1 year and have had a hard time finding the right "Club". But this looks like the one.

My first questions: 1 Which lowering springs do you guys like and why?,

next....I have been using "regular" gas since day one and yesterday I read that I should be using Premium gas for all fill ups. Is this right too?

Thanks

Chris

Oh yeah...how do I add an avatar picture??

What I'd like to know is if there is a small, big, or huge, difference between the two choices of springs? (it looks like there are two) And are there any type, or style we should be aware of before we order. I'm just being careful.

These SHO's look fantastic lowered and I cannot wait . I just want it to be trouble free, no problems.

Thanks

Chris

First of all, welcome to the site!

Springs: There are Eibachs and H&R springs for our cars. I went with the Eibachs and it lowered the car 15/16 - 1 inch all around. The ride was much better and firmer (would like more for flatter cornering) than stock non PP, but the rear is still too high for me. These are the springs that the car should have come with. Most members here went with H&R, some need the camber bolts for the rear and some don't.

Even though I am scraping on some driveways, I will probably switch to the H&R's for the lower drop (better stance) and firmer ride over the Eibachs.

Fuel: With a stock tune you can run regular, but you can get 10 HP just by running premium! The EB 3.5 is rated at 355 HP regular and 365 premium. So you get the benefit of more power, better additives in the fuel, better throttle response and slightly better fuel economy for .20/gal. which when you factor in the added fuel economy it works out to about .08/gal. The smile on your face will be worth it.

Avatar: If you click on "settings" above, you can add or change your avatar. There are free internet sites and programs to create one from a picture. If you are a premium member (only $10) you get a bigger avatar.

Have fun with your new ride.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question for those of you that did not require the bolts for the rears with the H&R's. Did you see the print out after the alignment? Did the tech or service rep actually say what was the final numbers on the alignment? I ask this because I had my alignment done today and I had the bolts I got from LMS. The tech decided not to use the bolts and proceeded to say that the rears have little adjustment. But he would not tell me the variance. I will eventually speak to the manager at the shop but I am giving him a chance to work this out with me. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Archived