Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Remote Start issue

I talked to a person "auto start expert" at my dealer and she said that there are a lot of complaints on the range of the factory auto start. I also noticed it will only let you run it twice without actually starting it. I get sidetracked at work when trying to leave a lot so sometimes I run it multiple times. Also thanks for the well wishes for my mom she had developed clots in her leg from flying that broke up and went to her lungs. She is on thinners and is on the road to recovery. Looks like I'm going to be getting compression socks for long flights.

I have recently had better luck with distance when holding the fob at chin level but still have had times when it won't crank. It wouldn't be too bad if I could lock it again and then be able to try again but once it fails once I pretty much have to crank it from inside.

I talked to a person "auto start expert" at my dealer and she said that there are a lot of complaints on the range of the factory auto start. I also noticed it will only let you run it twice without actually starting it. I get sidetracked at work when trying to leave a lot so sometimes I run it multiple times.

You can change the duration of the time the car is running (5/10/15 minutes) through the information display/settings/remote start. You can also double the time to an already running car by going through the remote start sequence anytime after 5 seconds of it starting.

I have recently had better luck with distance when holding the fob at chin level but still have had times when it won't crank. It wouldn't be too bad if I could lock it again and then be able to try again but once it fails once I pretty much have to crank it from inside.

Try hitting the remote start button before hitting the lock button/remote start/remote start.

Archived