Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Motorsports Customer Appreciation Track Rental # 2

Livernois Motorsports

Hah! Nice analogy. They'll give it up eventually. We just need to be more...persuasive. I remember when there was only 1 EB SHO in the 12's at all. Now there are scores of them. I wonder if, in due time, we'll be looking at scores of us in the 11's instead. I for one believe that we will.

Many thanks to all you pioneers out there getting everything figured out and blazing the trail for the rest of us to follow. Great job guys!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...thanks to everyone at LMS for hosting the event..no 11 for me tonight, however, not because of a lack of power. The track wasn't so good for traction tonight. FirstSho and I literally spun thru first gear into second and then spin again to third. I'll let FirstSho post his stuff but I believe he took over the top spot.

I need to find a good track before the end of the season...like I said there is plenty of power...I'll let you guys know the numbers as soon as I'm cleared to, but it is considerably more power than I was running before.

The downpipes are awesome by the way! If anyone is considering them...do it! They are probably the 2nd best bang for the buck next to the tune. I put down a good 12 more horsepower to the wheels...you won't do that with an CAI or cat back and they're cheaper than the catback...all the F150 guys should jump on these with the price less than that of the SHO. The craftsmanship is awesome and the sound is better too.

I think the suspension is the next thing to tackle..we need to find a way to limit the travel in the front and stiffen up the rear...

Nice hanging out with everyone that made it..and a personal thanks to Dan Millen for spending ALOT of time on the dyno getting my programming down!

Agreed, the guys here have done a great job improving the performance of this car and making it a ton faster. They are all to be applauded. I remember when I started taking street cars to the track, it was a big accomplishment to get a car in the high 13's....and those were muscle cars! Now seeing these SHO's (and Flexes) turning the ET's and speeds they have run really is a compliment to the people like Livernois, Torrie, and everyone who has worked to develop the performance of the Ecoboost.

I too would like to extend my many thanks to everyone at Livernois Motor Sports for hosting these events for us and for the outstanding development they have done to this platform. My times where not what I hoped for at all 12.3's is the best I could do tonight. The drag radials didn't perform well at all for the climate, tires spin wildly and wheel hop. Even launching at half throttle I could not control wheel spin. But was still a great time seeing everyone get together for season last hurrah. 11's are just around the corner though it just wasn't in the cards tonight. Have a few photo's I will post up tomorrow, but its been a long day so it time to chill.

Hey! Maybe not the expected times, but at least you were able to run! It by itself is almost a miracle as it was supposed to rain all day... I am sure that just hanging out together was a blast... Looking forward for the best times of the night but mostly the trap speed and dyno numbers, which will be a better way to evaluate the power and potential if the car for when the track will be well prepped.

Cheers and I really wish I could have hung out with you guys!

Yes Steve that was a miracle in its self that the rains didn't spoil our day. To bad you could make it as you where missed.

Back Home from milan! I would like to thank Rick and Dan and everyone else at Livernois for the track day! The MKS ran a best of 13.11@105.14. I am really happy although I was trying for a 12 sec run. The track had some traction issues due to the cold weather my 60' was 2.0. I met some really nice guys that were running a lot faster than me but due to traction I didn't see any 11's. Good luck to everyone still there!!!

Crash I hope to be there next yr. Steve, You & Darreli are my IDOL's The real "NEED FOR SPEED " Club. YOU TO Scrming. PS smokingozzy that means my 13.045@103.9mhp at 95deg, 60' of 1.92sec.Tune Only is still safe (for now).LOL

Yes much appreciation to LMS Rock and Dan. The car make a ton of power, but track conditions were very slick and we were spinning 1st and into second with barking in 3rd. Had a ton of 12.1's, but my best was a 12.090 @ 114.85. Leaving for Florida today, so Darrell and I will be hitting the track when i get back in hopes to start the new 11 second club. I know there is .3 we can get if we hook up.

What a fun day with good friends!

Milan122612.jpg

Great run First-SHO! So we have a tie for fastest now right?

I had major traction issues myself last weekend.. Dont know if this is the answer but I am going to contact Airlift to see which drag bag they would recommend for the SHO. I will even offer to send them a spring if that will help.

Yep Milan is a haul from Chicago. Would be fun... Maybe a SHO day at Byron or GLDW next season.

I tried a couple times to get guys to meet up at an IL track. Byron, US41, Cordova, Route 66 are all much easier to do as a day trip. Milan + racing wouldnt be a day trip... I may do an overnight next year for one of these. That said I would love to meet up at one of the IL tracks next year.

Yep Milan is a haul from Chicago. Would be fun... Maybe a SHO day at Byron or GLDW next season.

I tried a couple times to get guys to meet up at an IL track. Byron' date=' US41, Cordova, Route 66 are all much easier to do as a day trip. Milan + racing wouldnt be a day trip... I may do an overnight next year for one of these. That said I would love to meet up at one of the IL tracks next year.[/b']

Well, it is a solid 5hr drive from my house, to LMS. About a 4hr 30min drive to Milan Dragway from my house.

Certainly a 2 day "trip" for sure.

That being said, I am just leaving my relative's MI cottage now, to make the final return trip back home to Chi-Town.

I'll post up some time slips when I get home and have access to a scanner.

I would love to have an Official Illinois meet, along with a track day and what have you.

I am a stones throw away from Joliet, IL. and although I have limited room at my house (due to 3 kids) certainly there are a few hotels near by for those Out-Of-Staters that may want to attend.

This topic will be better served in a new thread (especially for purposes of that proverbial search tab). So let's continue this discussion in a new thread.

But yes, the 2nd LMS Customer Appreciation Day @ Milan was a blast, and I echo the same sentiments as others.....

HUGE Kudos to LMS, Rick, and especially Dan for spending the late hours at the shop the last few days getting all of our cars (inlcuding mine) all ironed out.

I find myself to be incredibly thankful for even being remotely associated with such friendly, knowledgeable people in the industry. :hail:

I do believe steve142857 ran a 12.092 and I ran a 12.090' date=' so no tie I am faster. LOL[/quote']

Good job Mike on being the quickest SHO... but I am still the fastest lol! Darrell had told me the same comment, so I'll keep what's left of my title... : )

However, your time is 12.0909 and mine was 12.0902, so that is 0.001 sec. difference... Since 100 lbs is 0.1 sec, 10lbs is 0.01, so 1lb would be 0.001... That would be the weight of my two Gopros to film my fastest run... Did you film yours? lol So, if I hadn't filmed my run (for the benefit of all of us), I would still own my title... Just teasing you! I would expect that the upgraded turbos and downpipes would have given trap speed of more than 120mph... Our conditions weren't the same, as I had a tailwind helping for trap speed... But 4DR... Flex ran a 12.52 at 113mph, which is less than 2mph slower than your trap speed, in the same conditions and being heavier and less aerodynamic, so I believe that the tuning is probably still very conservative on your car and when Livernois will find its optimal points (always being confident in its reliability), you should improve your time and trap speed by 0.4 and 5mph... I think that your current setup, once tuned optimaly should give you, in the best conditions, a 11.7 at 120mph.

Good luck!

BTW, I hope you'll have another shot at lowering your time, because I am planning to go at least one more time and hope still to make the first 11's!

Cheers!

Good job Mike on being the quickest SHO... but I am still the fastest lol! Darrell had told me the same comment, so I'll keep what's left of my title... : )

However, your time is 12.0909 and mine was 12.0902, so that is 0.001 sec. difference... Since 100 lbs is 0.1 sec, 10lbs is 0.01, so 1lb would be 0.001... That would be the weight of my two Gopros to film my fastest run... Did you film yours? lol So, if I hadn't filmed my run (for the benefit of all of us), I would still own my title... Just teasing you! I would expect that the upgraded turbos and downpipes would have given trap speed of more than 120mph... Our conditions weren't the same, as I had a tailwind helping for trap speed... But 4DR... Flex ran a 12.52 at 113mph, which is less than 2mph slower than your trap speed, in the same conditions and being heavier and less aerodynamic, so I believe that the tuning is probably still very conservative on your car and when Livernois will find its optimal points (always being confident in its reliability), you should improve your time and trap speed by 0.4 and 5mph... I think that your current setup, once tuned optimaly should give you, in the best conditions, a 11.7 at 120mph.

Good luck!

BTW, I hope you'll have another shot at lowering your time, because I am planning to go at least one more time and hope still to make the first 11's!

Cheers!

I wouldn't say the tunes are "conservative" the power is there...believe. I'd think you be impressed by the numbers. Traction is the problem. Spinning for 120 ft is not gonna lead to a high MPH. Here's an example...BPDs car is basically the same without the turbos and was running 3-4 mph slower than FirstSHO and I...and was down about 4-6mph from what I would normally run in my car before. So add 5 or so mph to FirstSHO and Is speed yesterday and we are at 120 or so.

Spinnin' aint winnin! Good track prep and we would have easily gained 0.3 which would put us solidly into the 11s.

We need a way to limit the front suspension travel and stiffen up the rear to decrease weight transfer.this is the next obstacle...I think a TC would be detrimental at this stage, I'm no longer worried about fuel at this point and I believe the engine is pretty stout..not sure about the trans long term yet

So....for me...suspension over the winter!!

I wouldn't say the tunes are "conservative" the power is there...believe. I'd think you be impressed by the numbers. Traction is the problem. Spinning for 120 ft is not gonna lead to a high MPH. Here's an example...BPDs car is basically the same without the turbos and was running 3-4 mph slower than FirstSHO and I...and was down about 4-6mph from what I would normally run in my car before. So add 5 or so mph to FirstSHO and Is speed yesterday and we are at 120 or so.

Spinnin' aint winnin! Good track prep and we would have easily gained 0.3 which would put us solidly into the 11s.

We need a way to limit the front suspension travel and stiffen up the rear to decrease weight transfer.this is the next obstacle...I think a TC would be detrimental at this stage, I'm no longer worried about fuel at this point and I believe the engine is pretty stout..not sure about the trans long term yet

So....for me...suspension over the winter!!

Probably will be worth it!

For sure, you guys have more power than me, I ran the same as Mike, but in better conditions. But when I look at the 60', his were better than mine (both his best runs were 1.81). His 1/8 mile (with traction issue) was still 7.82 at about 89 mph, mine 7.78 at 90 mph. We both finished at about 12.09, his trap speed is just shy of 115mph and mine of 118mph... So that mean, that when there is no traction issue (from 90mph until 115mph), it took him 4.27 sec to go from 89 to 115 mph and me 4.31 from 90 to 118mph... So, I'd be curious to see how better my conditions were to see the increase in performance due to downpipes and upgraded turbos (I don't have PP, so I don't know if gear ratio change something).

But again, I would think that for my setup, my tuning must be more aggressive than his (and yours).

In other words, I would expect, for same level of tuning, that on a highway, next to each other, you'd be much faster than me... I guess the best way would have been for me tho be there and see next to you guys... my fault for living in North Pole! lol

I can't wait to see those dyno charts!! Droooool.

Darreli, I'm wondering what suspension mods you have in mind? I know EBB (I think) had the bags in the rear and there are springs available but that's it for now isn't it? Good God what I wouldn't do for a full Pedder's street II setup for our cars.

I can't wait to see those dyno charts!! Droooool.

Darreli, I'm wondering what suspension mods you have in mind? I know EBB (I think) had the bags in the rear and there are springs available but that's it for now isn't it? Good God what I wouldn't do for a full Pedder's street II setup for our cars.

I have the Airlift airbags in the rear...actually slowed me down last year so I wrote them off..If I would've remembered in time yesterday I would've blew those puppies up.

Thanks for the pictures crash712us!

Here's my dyno sheet, as presented by Rick @ LMS, immediately following delivery of my SHO after Dan Millen got done working his magic on it, by applying the newest "Stage 5" tune file, in conjunction with the new AIW MyCalibrator Device.

The Blue is a dyno of a stock SHO with factory tune, Red is mine as of 10/26/12.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1176[/ATTACH]

For the record, Darrell and I are running the same program an our cars are very equal. I only ran better due to tires and a great launch. The turbos still have a lot in them, but we need to put the power to the track. We will work on this this winter and should have something by spring.

Thank you Dan (LMS) for your support and expertise.

Darrell and I will still hit 11's by years end if weather permits.

Steve I wish you were there to see what you car would do in those condition.

Two words "Drag Struts"!

Drag struts wouldn't work because they're designed to promote weight transfer...we want to restrict it. I would like to slow down or stiffen the rebound in the front and increase the compression in the rear..opposite rear wheel drive and along the same lines of FWD. I need to start looking at what the Neon SRTs do

Archived