Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Motorsports Customer Appreciation Track Rental # 2

Livernois Motorsports

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the Airlift airbags in the rear...actually slowed me down last year so I wrote them off..If I would've remembered in time yesterday I would've blew those puppies up.

Well you just shot down my idea. So aired up they didnt help anything? I wish you would have remembered to try again! Remember which ones you bought? I was going to try them as I spun like crazy last time. Dont have the Eagle F1s on yet but you guys have race tires and are still spinning.

What about rubbers in the springs? I have heard of guys putting rubber spacers in their rear springs to make them stiff. Probably would do anything, just thinking out loud.

Airlift has a part number for our vehicle..They may actually be helpful now..I make alot more power than I did then..I was early last year that I tried those. Pre methanol even. Spring rubbers are an option too. I think double adjustable (compression/rebound) struts and shock are the best bet...but I don't know

Thanks for everyone who came! It was a great event and I'm glad the weather cleared up. The track was just too cold. I managed 10.42@137 in a Whipple 2011 Mustang but it was getting loose at the end and a few times I really had to drive it to stay in my lane. Went 10.72 in a Whipple Vette, and 12.95 in our 2013 SHO.

The power Darrell and Mikes car made is pretty amazing and definitely good for 11's with traction.

Good seeing everyone!

Rick

Guest K4u2luz2

Good times! Thank you to Livernois for putting this in for us. Too bad the temps couldn't have stayed up a little like the previous 24-48 hours. I had the black 2010 SHO that kept running 15 second passes. VERY upsetting! After some investigation on Saturday I found the infamous wire chaff. I fixed it and the car seems to be better now but I am still somewhat worried. I had no warning lights and what I thought was no issues just awful, awful times at the track, again very very upsetting. On launch the car just seemed to bog and die then at about 40mph or so it would take off. So know that I did find and correct the wire issue I hope the problem is fixed but still definitely worried.

Rick - When would be a good time to make an appointment and have you guys take a quick look, drive? I really need someone with a properly performing SHO to drive mine and tell me if mine feels right. And if everything appears good we can go ahead and tune it???

Keith

Guest K4u2luz2

Darreli - I would love your help. I live in Grand Blanc and work in Shelby and frequent Warren and Sterling Heights often (family). I would have no issue heading your way. Just let me know what ever works for you. The only thing I would request is to go for a ride in your beast. :D

Keith 734-368-3738

Great run First-SHO! So we have a tie for fastest now right?

I had major traction issues myself last weekend.. Dont know if this is the answer but I am going to contact Airlift to see which drag bag they would recommend for the SHO. I will even offer to send them a spring if that will help.

If you are serious about Drag Bags let me know.. My buddy that I went to High School with is their National Sales Manager!!!

If you are serious about Drag Bags let me know.. My buddy that I went to High School with is their National Sales Manager!!!

I want to try them for sure. I am running the Eibachs which have 2 "soft" coils before they hit the stiff ones in order to keep some good ride. I am hoping inflated drag bags will take up that slack and just give her a solid launch. Let me know if you can get a discount, that would be awesome!

If they help me get traction I will be their #1 cheerleader!

Archived