4 replies to this topic

#1 LindenBruce

LindenBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hello All,

Well, the old girl is just about ready for some new shoes.  With 54k+ on the odo, I guess it was bound to happen right?  I went to Les Schwab tires today and they only list one tire.  I know there are lots of others, which I have checked out at America's Tires.  But, I would like to knwo what you think of the one first. 

It is the Toyo Proxes 4 plus.  104 load rating and W speed rating.  They had one on the shelf.  I liked the tread pattern and the look of the tire.  It has  50K tread wear warranty.  The size is 255/45ZR-19XL.  So what do you guys think of this tire? 

Thanks,

Bruce

#2 tss

tss

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

I guess the first question is do you really need a Z   rated tire?  The Z rated tire will likely not last as long as your first set of tires 54,000 miles. I don't know anything about that particular tire.

• SHOdded likes this

2010 Steel Blue Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, LMS 4X 3-Bar,  20" Stock Permachromes, custom Body color matched front grill, debadged, tinted headlights and windows

2010 Diamond White Buick Enclave CXL 

2014 Summit White Impala LTZ Limited 

"Trying Times Are Not A Good Time To Quit Trying".

#3 mval

mval

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

from reviews i found looks like a good tire except in snow. if you don't get snow i wouldn't worry. i got conti dws's & love them but i get snow.

• SHOdded likes this

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#4 LindenBruce

LindenBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Well I really don't need a Z rated tire for sure.  And I don't do snow in the SHO (LOL). So maybe go with a set of Michelin P Zeros then?  Bruce

#5 LindenBruce

LindenBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

The car has the Michelin Primacy on it now.  I don't like their look.  They have narrow shoulders which give the appearance the rims are to wide.  But the rims are factory.  So I am looking for a tire with a wider shoulder. 

So how about the Michelin Pilot Super Sport?

Or the Pirelli P Zero?

Both of those have a better visual apperance and about a hundred bucks cheaper each than the Toyos.  BUT, the Toyo has a 50k mileage guarantee.  The Michelin has a 30k. And the Pirelli has?  Nothing. 

Thanks,

B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users