Ecoboost Owner Forums

Has anyone tried this CAI yet?

been researching what intake to get and found some weird things. First off, some intakes don't support my 2010 SHO, even though I can't find out what's different btwn the 2010 and 2011+SHO models and found some have heat issues, some just look good and don't add horsepower, some don't seal good etc.

Has anyone tried this one yet by Roush:

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/taurus-sho-ecoboost-cold-air-intake.html

There on no differences between 2010, tp 2017 model years.

The CAI you linked, is the exact same product sold under various names/monikers/vendors.

Such as, but not limited to:

Airaid. Windstorm, and as you've listed, Roush.

Perform an internet such for best pricing possible, as the variations in price points could be vast.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by bpd1151

There on no differences between 2010, tp 2017 model years.

The CAI you linked, is the exact same product sold under various names/monikers/vendors.

Such as, but not limited to:

Airaid. Windstorm, and as you've listed, Roush.

Perform an internet such for best pricing possible, as the variations in price points could be vast.

ok, good. They all did look the same, so it makes sense except the k&n typhoon one, but Why do a bunch of websites with K&n Typhoon intakes say 2011-2017 sho's only, not including the 2010 models?

Not sure why K&N doesn't include the 2010 in their line up.

I ran into that same problem myself when I ran with the Airaid CAI, before ramping up to my custom setup.

I met one of tbe higher ups of Airaid at a local race/expo event out by me a few years back, & mentioned to them about lncluding all model years in the online site, as there were/are no differences. They updated it shortly after my convo with them.

I suspect tbe circumstances are similar with K&N.

Not sure why K&N doesn't include the 2010 in their line up.

I ran into that same problem myself when I ran with the Airaid CAI, before ramping up to my custom setup.

I met one of tbe higher ups of Airaid at a local race/expo event out by me a few years back, & mentioned to them about lncluding all model years in the online site, as there were/are no differences. They updated it shortly after my convo with them.

I suspect tbe circumstances are similar with K&N.

thanks, love your car btw, Do you have any pictures or posts on your custom setup?