Ecoboost Owner Forums

Another 1st....Catless Downpipes! Installed 09/18/12

As Homer Simpson states oh so eloquently...... "D'oh!"

I forgot to mention that part.

The sound level of the exhaust is NOT really that much louder. A tad, but almost indescernable.

What IS noticeable is the change in tone. It is deeper. Throatier. More of a growl if you will. Definitely an improvement in my book.

I was a tad bit afraid it was gonna start leaning towards sounding like those hated ricers..... but it's not at all.

Darrell if you're getting a set made by whomever, I would say that ultimately, you'll be really pleased.

I know in the little bit of driving I have performed since it's install yesterday, I really am! :thumb:

Hey Mike...

Sooo tell us about your Before and After HP gains from your Dyno Session lastweek... I am anxious to see how much additional HP these downpipes provide!!!!

I will be hitting refresh frequently!!! :clock:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My catted downpipes were worth about 12-14hp...making it the second best bang for the buck next to a tune...nothing else is gonna give you that to the wheels. Not a more expensive catback or a less expensive CAI. Dan said the catless version is good for an additional 1-2hp. I would and did give that up for a lack of smell of fuel from the exhaust and a little more mellow sound.

You will get a little louder exhaust note at startup and idle but it's considerably louder when you mash the go pedal. Not much change while normal cruising..which leads me to REALLY liking them!

For anyone debating the downpipes vs catback...go the downpipe route first! For anyone contemplating purchasing them...DO IT!! Especially, the F150 guys/gals..cheaper than the SHO and the same performance!! A no-brained as far as I'm concerned...I'll try to catch some video and post it...I think Rick might have some but I'm not certain

REALLY??? That much with catted downpipes?!?!?! thats alot of HP!!!!

Since Mike's is uncatted, he should prolly see about 2-3 more HP on top of that!!! He has been laying low this weekend!!!

Gee, I wonder why I've been "laying low"???

I only had to drive back from MI this weekend, but also had to scurry around the house once I did arrive back home trying to catch up on chores and what not as the Mrs. was working Saturday, but kids also had various Halloween related functions to attend as well.

Not laying low by any means now that I'm back on the home front. Just busy.

As far as the pipes, IDK WTH they were worth as it pertains to my application. I never did a before/after dyno.

I ditched the SCT Tuner & upgraded to the AIW MyCalibrator device, so when I went into LMS for dyno time recently, those two mods combined, placed me @ 400awhp, & 433awtq.

Both of which I am happy with.

The sound of the pipes is bar none, OUTSTANDING!

Many people outisde of the SHO world have told me it sounds more akin to a V8, rather than a turbo'd 6.

I don't mind the fuel smell as much as Darrell purports, but then again, maybe I'm a lil nuttier than he is :noidea:

Archived