Ecoboost Owner Forums

Couple fitment questions for new wheels/tires

JoeB

I'm looking to get some new 22" wheels around spring time but I have a question about tires. Would 285/30s fit all the way around? It seems like there would be plenty of room in the back but I'm not sure about the front. If not or if it would be awkward having that wide of tires up front, is there any disadvantages to having 285/30s in the back and 265/35s in the front? The reason I'm stuck on the 285/30s is because according to this tire size calculator, there is only a 0.2% circumference difference vs. a 2.2% difference in the 265/35s. I know staying inside of 3% is ideal but I'd like to stay as close as I can.

I'm not sure if anyone on here has had any experience with this but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks

I'm going to say doubtful that they will fit. There is another member that is run 275/40/20's on 9.5" wide rim and I believe to me fitment up front was already pretty close. And for that tire size you may need a 10" wide rim. Now I know there was another member running 265/35/20's on a 9" wide rim on his car. But this just my guess I am still learning about wheel fitments, I am sure so more knowledgable members will chime in.

I'm looking to get some new 22" wheels around spring time but I have a question about tires. Would 285/30s fit all the way around? It seems like there would be plenty of room in the back but I'm not sure about the front. If not or if it would be awkward having that wide of tires up front, is there any disadvantages to having 285/30s in the back and 265/35s in the front? The reason I'm stuck on the 285/30s is because according to this tire size calculator, there is only a 0.2% circumference difference vs. a 2.2% difference in the 265/35s. I know staying inside of 3% is ideal but I'd like to stay as close as I can.

I'm not sure if anyone on here has had any experience with this but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks

You can run 275 wide tires on 9.5 wide rims. Different application obviously, but my rear set up here is 285 tires on 9.5 rims.

photo_zpsa628802f.jpg