Ecoboost Owner Forums

First drag race of the year at Cordova IL Jan 1

Paulford8

FYI for Illinois and Iowa members. Cordova Dragway is holding their "hangover fest" again Jan 1. This nice weather is making me optimistic there will be some good racing weather. I have some guys from work planning on going, hope to see other Ecoboost's there.

I am hoping for 40's and sunny. I will be going unless it is bitter cold, super windy, or snow/rain.

Details can be found here.

http://www.cordovadrag.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! There will be at least 1 other ecoboost there! No better way to spend your birthday! I will buy you a hot chocolate.

I wasnt going to go if was under 30 but I have a grudge match. Earlier in 2012 I spanked a modded Eagle Talon bad. It is a guy I work with and others from work were there. Naturally it has been the talk of the plant. He is faster, best of 11.8?, but he missed a shift on that run. Also he sometimes spins/has issues. He wants a re-match so I will let him have it. All things equal he should beat me, but that doent mean he will (hasnt yet).

He is coming on a trailer in case he breaks :RpS_huh:

Yeah I ordered my Airaid today(prolly wont be here by then) $220 shipped didnt think that was a bad price. Might have exhaust done if the x pipe shows up tomorrow. Have PM'ed Rick at Livernois a few times and no reply yet so that will be a nope for the track day also. But it is a PP car so hopefully it will do ok. I'lll have to get some tips from ya on the sho Paul.

I think springs helped me a lot, with a PP you already have stiffer springs. That with the cold winter air should = decent stock run. I am bringing a mini air compressor, but in your case you can probably hold full tire pressure without spinning. After the methanol mine starting spinning pretty bad...

Should be a decent day, at least it is suppose to be sunny. I hope the temp ends up a bit higher though.....

I am trying to find a windshield mount for my Sony Bloggie in the meantime' date=' so I can record some video. Paul I am used to a 5 speed mustang as recently as 3 weeks ago, what i was referring to is will it launch and or run faster in manual mode or auto? TC off or on? stuff like that:humble:[/quote']

Unless your car is really tweaked I can't see a need to turn off the TC. I would think launch should be pretty straight forward. I look forward to updates. I can't launch in my Shelby or Roush worth a darn!

Have fun!

Well SteelBlue I am slower in manual mode and most have reported being slower in manual. Even near stock I shut off the TC. Sometimes I would forget, and after the tunes it would screw things up. Prior to the methanol I held the brake firm, pushed gas up to about 2K, and on the last yellow let her rip.

I tried this after methanol and it ripped alright... Burned rubber 1st and 2nd gear.... I am going to try launching mine at a lower RPM to avoid so much wheel spin. We will see what happens!

Yeah I ordered my Airaid today(prolly wont be here by then) $220 shipped didnt think that was a bad price. Might have exhaust done if the x pipe shows up tomorrow. Have PM'ed Rick at Livernois a few times and no reply yet so that will be a nope for the track day also. But it is a PP car so hopefully it will do ok. I'lll have to get some tips from ya on the sho Paul.
HA STEELBLUE glad to see you getting the racing bug. Steve is my JEDI MASTER OF SPEED. PAUL is good(very good)he will teach you a lot. But here some Steve knowledge I've lean. 1st I'm the fastest tune(w/AIRAID) only At 12.669sec.

Stock at 97deg I ran 13.7sec before Steve gave me his go fast tips. 1)for every 100lb = 1sec slow take all the juke off you car, 2) gas wt 7lb per 1gal, 1/4 tank or less when you get to the track. 3) With PP car you can turn the traction control completely off do so and without a change in you your exhaust sys the SHO IS SO QUIET YOU CAN'T HEAR THE RPM's TO SHIFT IN MANUAL SAY IN AUTO!!!!

Lunch at 2k-2200 what ever the brakes will hold don't go thu the water the AWD SYS some time hates it!!!!!! 4) Temp will give you .10sec for every 10deg's down to lost of traction. Findly check the wt of you car at the track scale I hit it at 4165lb. Me stock vs RT CHARGER THAT THE SAFTY GUY HELL MY AT THE LINE AND I STEAL WON!!!!!!!

I am actually going to run more gas then usual because of the cold. It will take more gas to get there, use more at the track, and then getting to a 93 pump. The closest I have found to the track is about 15 miles down the interstate...

I used to leave my spare and jack at home, but now and especially in the cold I will remove it at the track. Hoping the forecast is wrong/changes. That said I will take 13 and sunny over snow!

You guys have a good time. Up-date me when you get back!!!!! Paul this could start a great friendship,I have 98Silver(TCCA)&Airport770(EBOF) HEAR IN ATLANTA, but 98s doesn't have a SHO and 770 it's his only/family car the wife & him just had a baby so he can't risk playing with IT. akhowell just join in SEP. is down in JESUP GA, AND WANT TO GO TO THE TRACK THIS SRING SOUNDS GOOD!!!!!!! TWO SHO MAKING 2DR LOOK BAD SOULD BE FUN!!!!!!