Ecoboost Owner Forums

2011 SHO dash creaks when accelerating or braking

I also have a dash creek when accelerating from a stand still..... haven't noticed it when stopping, but there is so much other crap rattling already I may just be missing it.... 2011 as well, with 16k miles now. Around 15500 the headliner in back completely fell off (front was still attached so it was just hanging there). From my current experience with the car and 4 different dealers now, this will be my first and last Ford.

I also have a dash creek when accelerating from a stand still..... haven't noticed it when stopping' date=' but there is so much other crap rattling already I may just be missing it.... 2011 as well, with 16k miles now. Around 15500 the headliner in back completely fell off (front was still attached so it was just hanging there). From my current experience with the car and 4 different dealers now, this will be my first and last Ford.[/quote']

Interesting, is it is almost like when I accelerate, dash/console assembly shifts backwards ever so slightly...subsequent moderate acceleration does not make it creak as much, but then when you moderately brake, like to a stand still it'll creak again.

Don't know if it will work but it's easy to try. Get a can of something like Armorall (I hate the stuff) and spray the joints between vinyl panels to lube them a bit. Let the stuff soak and give that a try. Another product that would also do the same thing is a silicone lubricant spray. A liquid wax product would probably serve as well. Any thing to break the friction between adjacent vinyl panels. Good luck!

Unfortunately my car also has creaks and rattles. I took my car into the stealership the following day after taking delivery. Supposedly they found a bracket behind the radio loose. Still have a slight rattle over small road imperfections. During hard acceleration I too notice the sound as if the dash was not solid to the frame. Maybe they just have too few fasteners holding the huge dash.

Thank you for the responses. The fit and finish of the dash/console is really disappointing. This is my first Ford, btw. I also have this rattle under the front passenger side of the dash which makes noise when cruising, don't even have to go over bumpy roads, it's almost like the slightest vibration creates the sound. Had my better half push stretch out her feet to push the carpet right behind the plastic enclosure and it stops.

• 1 month later...

I have the Nav screen on the '10, and that area of the dash has always 'creaked' when accelerating hard, or breaking hard. I can replicate this 'noise' by pressing on that area of the dash. I've never had the dealer check it as it wasn't bothersome. Otherwise, I have NO rattle or squeaks in the interior. I have recently noticed a rattle/rumble in the rear, which I think might be the exhaust hanger.

• 1 month later...