Ecoboost Owner Forums

anyone in here got pro-racer software?

bnoon

I have it to tune my Lightning. I have not purchased another license from SCT to start tuning my SHO as I just don't have time to do it right now. What kind of input to you need/want. The first thing I would do if your new to the SCT software is take a week or so and go through and get familiar with the software and the parameters. Most parameters when you click on them give a description and let you know what type of value its looking for. To my knowledge there is no strategy tune file from SCT to start with so you have to build from a oem base. I really would like to know what SCT has unlocked and is available for tuning purposes for the SHO because they are constantly updating as they are able to modify new parameters. If you have zero tuning experience I recommend some google searches on setting up the MAP as that is going to be the most important thing you tune. I have not used SCT to tune MAP yet as my Lightning has a MAF so I don't even know how to direct you to the proper tables to adjust. Not many individuals if any tuning theirs SHO's so info is scarce.

I can see why nobody tunes because no info in sct help file in any of the tables that matter on a factory boosted Ford. All of the regular tables are just what I would expect in a tuner, but the boost related stuff is all geared toward maf tuning an aftermarket sc or turbo mustang it seems. Nothing about the factory stuff. What a waste of money... so far at least. Been tuning since 1996 or so and never had this much trouble.

Might want to look into this. SCT's software is designed for professional tuners and racers. The learning curve is very steep for the average joe.

http://www.thetuningschool.com

The tuning school will give you a very broad overview of the SCT advantage software but it will not turn you into a tuner alone.

The biggest problem with the SCT advantage software is the termonology that is SCT specific. There are so many parameters that are not intuitive with them. If you have a basic understanding of how to tune you still have to take a couple weeks to figure out the SCT advantage software itself. Once you do know where to go to change the parameters you want its not a problem. Also if SCT has not figured out how to unlock all the parameters yet there is nothing you can do but wait and email them.

Can you give me an example of SCT specific terminology?

With SCT's software you start with the OEM calibration and build your tune from there. They use a value file system for common modifications you can apply to the base calibration, so it's a little easier then some other software, but you still need some knowledge of tuning. I wouldn't even think of attempting to tune a SHO unless you have a lot of experience tuning on the newer vehicles.

I can't get specifics right now because my dongle is no longer recognized. I'm guessing they never got my signed license agreement and my initial activation ran out. Nothing but trouble getting to where I can tune with this thing I tell ya!!!

They use totally different terminology everywhere in SCT land, but the factory turbo settings section is by far the worst. I've tuned every car I've owned since the late 90's on GMECMEdit, EFILive, HPTuners, COBB AP and all of those were easily adaptable for me for NA or boosted settings and terminology. It's like SCT did it on purpose as yet another way to protect their software. If there were another tuning option out there I'd be on it.

I have adjusted timing already and some cruise cell fueling and gotten some great response from there, so this thing does react well to modifications, I just need to bump up the boost!!! TQ bump at low RPM is pretty awesome with just a degree or two let me tell ya!!! All 4 break loose in a 1st gear roll on! Can't wait for more!