Ecoboost Owner Forums

Racing Season starts next week!

83racecrew

Since practice is next Saturday, I thought I would share some photos. This is where my forum handle comes from. These are all pictures from the 2012 season.

Click thumbnails for larger pictures (1600x1200).

The cars and loading into the trailer

cars1_thumb.jpg goingup1_thumb.jpg goingup2_thumb.jpg

Couple shots at the race tracks:

track1_thumb.jpg track2_thumb.jpg

This is how we give them a bath:

bathnite_thumb.jpg

83:

Dirt track started here last weekend. Am a huge fan, go almost every week. We have UMP down here. What class are you running. We have a big one this weekend with the new National Dirt League, if it doesn't rain. All the big guys in town.

Bloomquist, Owens, Moyer & whole crew.

MikeV

showman 4:

Great pics guys,Do you guys in ATL run dirt like we do here in STL or asphalt like 83's people do in Michigan. I can't imagine it being anything but dirt with that all that red clay down there. & 83 getting a chance to work on Bloomy car had to be a thrill of a life time. He's a guy the fan's either love or hate. But even though you may not like him you have to respect his ability. Go almost every week. If you can stand the dirt nothing's more exciting than to hear the roar of 20-30 of those monster engines going around the track at the same time, that along with the smell of the high octane fuel.

mikev

showman 4:

Great pics guys,Do you guys in ATL run dirt like we do here in STL or asphalt like 83's people do in Michigan. I can't imagine it being anything but dirt with that all that red clay down there. & 83 getting a chance to work on Bloomy car had to be a thrill of a life time. He's a guy the fan's either love or hate. But even though you may not like him you have to respect his ability. Go almost every week. If you can stand the dirt nothing's more exciting than to hear the roar of 20-30 of those monster engines going around the track at the same time, that along with the smell of the high octane fuel.

mikev

Atlanta has one dirty track in the metro, two drag ways,two NASCAR(1 HOLDS FRI-NIGHT DRAGS DOWN PIT ROW 1/8MI), AND 2road course. Plus the SCCA RUNS AUTO-CROSS EVENTS IN 3 DRIFFERENT PLACES. GA the state has alot more that is just what is local.

AT ATLANTA MOTORSPEEDWAY NASCAR

AT SILVER DOLLAR RACEWAY

STOCK 1st TIME AT TRACK ATLANTA DRAGWAY

Guys:

Had a great race Sat, new thing they call national Dirt Track league. Good name, but all it is to fill weekends that the big guys normally have off. 20K to the winner LM, I think 5K modified. 55 LM showed up along with 48 modified. The Newport nightmare (jimmy Owens) showed why he's the best of all. Came from mid pack to win. I know most guys here into dragging but if your into the smell of basically 100 cars blowing race fuel fumes up your nostrils dirt track is really something. The thing you don't want to do is take your SHO there. The testorone level along with the alcohol & fume levels are way to high. You're bound to get challenged by someone coming out of the parking lot to a good old fashioned country road drag race.

mikev