Ecoboost Owner Forums

Couple questions?

Stock flash peeps. Do you notice a power difference between pump octanes especially 89, 91, or 93?

Car does a double shift from 1st to 3rd when running sport mode with paddle shifters. What I'm I doing wrong? Car seems much quicker/faster and less turbo lag when I leave it in drive at 1800-1900 rpms off the brake.

Thanks....:RpS_smile:

I've gone from 1st to 3rd using the paddles occasionally. I think what's happening is that I'm waiting just a hair too long to pull the trigger on second, so the car decided to shift to second on its own.

When I hit the shift paddle, I'm doing it in the lag time between the computer shifting and the transmission actually pulling it off. Since the computer has already decided it wants 2nd, when I hit the paddle half a second late it says... okay, you want 3rd and makes that happen.

As far as different octane ratings, I've got 93 readily available around here. I've never feed it anything else.

Sorry for being long winded, I'm a teacher by day.

Stock flash peeps. Do you notice a power difference between pump octanes especially 89, 91, or 93?

Car does a double shift from 1st to 3rd when running sport mode with paddle shifters. What I'm I doing wrong? Car seems much quicker/faster and less turbo lag when I leave it in drive at 1800-1900 rpms off the brake.

Thanks....:RpS_smile:

In manual this car will hit the rev limit and fuel cut-out but it will not up shift but if you double tap the shift paddle it will shift to 2nd and then to 3rd with-out you knowing it ever when to 2nd. I know because I did all these things at track before I got my tune. And LMS trans tune will make you not ever try to self shift again.

I have a 2013 with PP and I run 93 octane most of the time. The few occasions were I had to run 91 octane, I noticed no difference whats so ever (stock tune)

As far as the shifting 1 to 3. yeah. for 2013, ford took out the rev limiter in favor of a forced up shift. So when doing full throttle runs. you have to just let the car up shift for you. the paddle are almost worthless. only good for downshifting and holding correct gear in twisties. or, of course short shifting all the time.